Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Pirate Rank?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to come up with something that would fit the lifestyle a pirate might life. Be nice to add something like this in the game involving the barmaid
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Love promotions Reply with quote

Part of the military I did like was rank. Every discreet promotion was still visible. I work in the aviation industry and like most places only major promotions are obvious. Maintenance has some work uniform, a lead might have different shirt etc. Supervisors Managers and top brass all tend to dress the same.

So with this byte toggle info, would it could it trigger the different uniforms like in the nations? Or is it read from a subroutine NOT present for the pirate "nation"?
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt most pirates had formal dress codes. Everybody knew who the captain was because he was elected by his men. some captains dressed fancy like Bart Roberts and others like the devil like blackbeaerd. I agree though it would be cool if he changed a bit after each promotion.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Love promotions Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
Part of the military I did like was rank. Every discreet promotion was still visible. I work in the aviation industry and like most places only major promotions are obvious. Maintenance has some work uniform, a lead might have different shirt etc. Supervisors Managers and top brass all tend to dress the same.

So with this byte toggle info, would it could it trigger the different uniforms like in the nations? Or is it read from a subroutine NOT present for the pirate "nation"?

AdamMil might be able to help you out on this if he's still around.
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: They didn't have the expertise, or just out of dev funds? Reply with quote

dogcigar wrote:
Pirate wrote:
So it's kind of like getting a promotion from the pirate captain except you manually do it yourself instead of the game promoting you for your deeds? Always wanted to sail as a outlaw pirate rather than a nation sponsored one. Looks like promotions can be had even though not really intended.

A few things in the code look like the programmers may have wanted the Pirates and Indians to have had a bigger role. Looks like elements were taken out. For example there are still indian and pirate favor levels stored just after the regular ones and don't do much except for making pirates curse you as you sail past. You actually get positive pirate favor for attacking military ships. You can see it in the captain's log. There's another one too that looks like general good deeds like immigrant missions. Probably was for jesuit favor. Guess things just got too complicated
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: deadline Reply with quote

Even looking at the NIF's and textures it looks like a learn as they went situation. Probably deadines prevented reworked of the first NPC's.
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Rank designation? Reply with quote

At that time the manner and quality of clothing differentiated the class the person belonged to. The higher the rank in society the better and richer the clothing. Problem with the military is everybody wore the same basic style of uniform...you had to look at insignia, badges, headgear, etc. to recognize the rank. Civilians were uninformed about such things and thought everyone was an admiral:)

In this game you can differentiate the basic seaman from the officers by dress. Even your avatar as he steps up in rank wears better and nicer looking clothes. What bugs me most is the stupid ( Forest Gump's Momma defined it best) military uniforms on smugglers, who were equal to pirates in the social structure and met the same fate when caught. According to one source who hacked the ship designations a 0 designated a civilian ship class while a 1 designated a military ship class. However, I have found that the Pinnace, war canoe types, along with merchant, designated with 0 have typical seaman clothes except for the frequent Pinnace smugglers which have military uniformed crews!? Someone needs to do a critical study of just how the crews are selected and get this glaring error (stupid error) corrected.... so irritating:(
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: