Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Changing the Nifs
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Manual posting Reply with quote

ronnraymore wrote:
I do a manual change of the "guard" each time I start or restart a game. Still having the same character showing up as Gov Daughter or barmaid each time I visit another port is irritating. No way to automate it?

I think the way the game works is by memory so whatever texture you are using when you launch the game will stay even if you manually insert another one. Basically I'm thinking that you would need to save the game and close it out before the new texture would appear. The mod manager I understand has glitches or I didn't get it to work is about the only program available to swap textures in a live game.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Factory Recall Reply with quote

I'm leaving the link to the Universal females up but it has some glitches:
The hands need tweaking
The uv set works for most things but branded T-shirts won't come out right and K-Bobs x leather strap w/ skull isn't right.
Reposition element seams so there are on 1 bone not a joint.

I think I'm the only 1 using 3d modeling tools (3ds max, maya, blender) as haven't seen mandiuscreel onsite in awhile.

It would be nice if K-Bobs mod maker and mod manager got sorted out. I've done a rework of most of the applicable layers that work with the legs mod. The scheme he used was to add "bkg" to the base layer and "lyr" to anything he wanted to act as a layer. However, it is still not working right for me.

Want to take time with the universal update as it is a major pain to do all the NIF's and DDS's just to correct some minor point. Will post when updated.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: mod manager Reply with quote

Looked in the source code some 3 years back it had a ton of TODO's. shame K-Bob isn't onboard anymore, reading AdamMil, dogcigar, and jlangsdo's posts might provide him with the needed info to wrap some of that up.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the new plain and attractive daughters. Those are the ones most needed for a overhaul or at least that's my opinion. Haven't tried them just yet but the barmaids I did for about five minutes and the lines were the biggest issue I found with them. Are these tweaking's of the ones Mandiuscreel done or are they complete new nifs altogether?
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Flesh colored puffy sleeves fixed? Reply with quote

Has this issue been resolved? I would like to use the creations, but that feature kinda throws me off. The eye-candy should be more fetching, not distorted. Also the top of some heads when dipped have bald pink spots. Can someone fill out that bald spot?

Any new lost sister, daughters, or barmaids available?

Has anyone looked into making the choice, by the program, of the female character randomized so that more than one avatar can be used to stop the multiple presence of the same female at multiple ports?

Keep up the really good work, something that can be done to make the game a bit more interesting.... arrrmatey
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject: nif Reply with quote

Mandiuscreel wrote:
It occurred to me that there are other games that use the Nif format, and I went to the Civ Fanatics board. There, I found a guide for the leaderhead (Header) of Nif files written by Ekmek. It suggested doing a branch delete and copy instead of a block delete and copy.

That seems to have worked; the file doesn't crash the game. But right now, my little plain daughter just stands in zeroed mode, arms held out at 45 degrees, hands flat, a fixed smile on her face while my captain dances around her. She does teleport from spot to spot, but she never moves. I don't yet know if it's a problem with animation or if I somehow deleted the skeleton assignments.

More later (I hope).

This is the key element for it to work also version number
corsair91
Sailing Master

208833 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandiuscreel in his

Feb 16, 2016 Post in this Thread

http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=98418#98418

Suggests this Tutorial

Quote:

The Import/Export settings I used can be found on the following web page (it's for Skyrim, but it works):

Blender Import with Skyrim Nif files
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15690/?

by deedes

(Tutorial is listed in the posted thread description)

Mirror Link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MlRRIvKA-3yhXIwEDmlJeK-sztURi9Nt/view?usp=sharing

Tutorial-15690-1.7z

(Extract with Winrar or 7-Zip)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: