Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Very fast,then very slow cut scenes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Raynor
Powder Monkey

132 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Very fast,then very slow cut scenes Reply with quote

I have Sid Meier's Pirates for Steam. Just recently, all of the sudden, the cut scenes were super fast, and then they became super slow after a while. This also effects the last move in dancing, where it can be frozen for minutes at a time, causing me to stumble, and thus effecting dance results. I remember that this also happened after playing for a while when I had it installed from a CD. Why is this happening and how do I fix it? Is it a corrupt file? Do I need to edit a file in notepad to fix it? I vaguely remember how I fixed it, but I'm not sure.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Very fast,then very slow cut scenes Reply with quote

James Raynor wrote:
I have Sid Meier's Pirates for Steam. Just recently, all of the sudden, the cut scenes were super fast, and then they became super slow after a while. This also effects the last move in dancing, where it can be frozen for minutes at a time, causing me to stumble, and thus effecting dance results. I remember that this also happened after playing for a while when I had it installed from a CD. Why is this happening and how do I fix it? Is it a corrupt file? Do I need to edit a file in notepad to fix it? I vaguely remember how I fixed it, but I'm not sure.

Welcome to Cutlass Isle! This be a fine place with many a skilled matey to help ye in any way ye need.

I have not personally come across your problem, however, I would suggest trying to lower some of the graphic settings. It sounds like (without having any details) that your machine is unable to fully handle the game.

Just something to try, I admit to not having familiarity with your issue or your machine. Let us know if it works or not, we are here to help! Oh, and be sure to check out the rest of this site, it really is THE place to be if you love Sid Meier's Pirates!, we have many mods and other neat stuff. Fair winds, mate!
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen the fast/slow cut scenes, but I have experienced trouble with the final dance move. It only happens when I play SMP at my brother's house on my nephews' computer. There is always a little hitch that makes it nearly impossible not to flub that crucial final move.
fleetp
Boatswain

35986 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the game played fine up until a point in time, and then suddenly you had problems, it could be that a drive update or a Windows update is causing the problem.
Use the Windows control panel to check for the dates your video drivers were updated. If the date of the update coincides with the date the problem occurred, roll back to a previous driver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: