Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Jean Bart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Jean Bart Reply with quote

Here's a good article about one of the greatest sea captains of the late 1600s, fighting 1st as a privateer and then as an officer in the French navy.

http://dawlishchronicles.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/jean-bart-sea-raider.html
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure was interesting. Thanks for sharing the link.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Jean Bart Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
Here's a good article about one of the greatest sea captains of the late 1600s, fighting 1st as a privateer and then as an officer in the French navy.

http://dawlishchronicles.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/jean-bart-sea-raider.html

My dear Admiral Jean Bart, please come in. As you know, we are at war with the perfidious English and the greedy Dutch. I understand that recently you captured three English frigates. Excellent! The king will be pleased. Soon you will be promoted to baron!
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Barmaid whispers Buy me a drink and I'll raise your main mast. Poor Jean Bart didn't know it but he was about to lose every doubloon he had. He defeated famous Captains from the English Spanish and Dutch but the barmaid in her modified mini skirt was just to much for Jean. Poor Jean if he left her alone surely would have became a hero. Not a true story of course but it might be if you play SMP.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the game seems far-fetched, but it's not that unhistorical. Wars were starting and stopping between them frequently, smaller ships captured warships, promotion comes slowly, escaping prison, and so on.

Live the Life!
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really a great game. I guess the most unrealistic parts are the buried tresure. Lost cities but that makes it fun. Just wish that the lost cities looked different. I keep finding the same thing over and over just a different name. If each lost city had a different texture I could make them more exciting like the nude beach of Aruba , Havana and so on .
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you've done quite a lot to add excitement to the game.
Thumbs Up Arr!
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything in particular stand out that I did? Heck I'm just started. I'm sure my best creations are yet to come.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Anything in particular stand out that I did? Heck I'm just started. I'm sure my best creations are yet to come.

Well, I haven't used the mod because my old computer was on it's last legs, and now that I have a new rig, I'm in a reading rather than gaming phase.

I have been following your dropbox links, though. I'll look up the ones that I keep thinking about.

I must admit I got a particular kick out of the Jesuit Mission turned Pirate hangout with the twerking redhead on the roof. You really changed that up!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zm501smaoit2jp3/AAAPWxEc-SMXp12UcPpsmnsCa?dl=0&preview=Screenshot+2015-03-09+05.48.02.png

and
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zm501smaoit2jp3/AAAPWxEc-SMXp12UcPpsmnsCa?dl=0&preview=Screenshot+2015-03-09+05.48.13.png

As for sexy, this pole dancer has some amazing thigh muscles.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zm501smaoit2jp3/AAAPWxEc-SMXp12UcPpsmnsCa?dl=0&preview=Screenshot+2015-03-03+03.20.05.png

I have a feeling it will be more challenging to dance in the ballroom now that the scenery has changed.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments. I thought those were long forgotten by everybody. The pirate haven actually came from one of my old favorite games Sea Dogs. I still play it from time to time and modded some in it. I imported that background by taking a screenshot while playing Sea Dogs. Those pirates you see walking about in the background are real game characters and not something I added to it. Now the Pirate or Abbot did come from SMP. I replaced the Abbot nif with this guy I found. Of course the girl indeed was added in by me. Also the sign was added by me as well. The ship you see in the background is actually the town hall of Graysails. You can go inside to meet the Pirate Chief of Graysails Of course that's only if your playing Sea Dogs and not SMP. Now the Thai Bar girl background is simply a image from the web. Thailand is famous for its bar girls and sex tourists going there to be born again. Suddenly some old timer who looks his age is convinced he's a handsome young man again and every word these girls tell him must be true. The real truth there is no money no honey and watch out for the lady boys. Perhaps that muscular girl isn't a girl so be careful.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one of my old favorites. She had too much to drink or that merchant works her to hard. Shes down.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfqslsljslm645i/Screenshot%202016-01-01%2007.05.44.png?dl=0
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new appreciation of luxuries.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
I have a new appreciation of luxuries.

You don't miss much. All I remembered was the maid. I'm sure the merchant ripped me off since I couldn't take my eyes or concentration off of her long enough to do sensible business.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres another of my all time favorites. Not a bad attempt to make the lost cities more exciting.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzxl0mzp9f6onnx/Screenshot%202015-02-14%2023.38.14.png?dl=0
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one of my favorites, too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirate's History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: