Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

POWDER MONKEY FIRST POST: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE ! ! !
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent considerable time on the north coast of Cuba recently, looking for a lost city with a map fragment, but I noticed neither a mail runner , nor a place called The Cape. One could have passed while I was in the jungle. Do you think "The Cape" could be a tavern in one of the havens or settlements? OR is that the name of a ship?
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ROCK]
Type = __VAR
Value = Rock
Value = Point
Value = Stone
Value = Head
Value = Reef
Value = Shallows
Value = Cape
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Esmeralda may very well be a target and you need to be constantly vigilant. You are a prime target in your own right. A French Duke is worth a LOT of money to kidnappers and since they already nabbed Governor Marriott, they may just as well nab Esmeralda. Yes, you must remain on guard.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cape may actually be inland, just beyond view of the coast of Cuba.
Or, it could be on the Southeast corner of Cuba or the West part of Hispaniola. There is an island there too. Actually, it could be anywhere on Hispaniola, but I still think it in Cuba.
Annoying Captain
Powder Monkey

609 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Salty Dog, I have to return to Port de Paix tomorrow but wanted to let you know what a great time I had on this island and in your fine Tavern! As promised, Lucky showed me a great time and I was upstairs every day! Your bar and bartenders are the best! And Captain fleetp has some wonderful friends too, he set me up many times!

Before I leave, I overheard a couple of sailors in the back booth. They did mention a place called The Cape and they said it was East of Santiago on the southeast coast of Cuba. Apparently, it is out of sight of the coast and has some very large, impressive buildings there surrounded by a mighty wall. A man by the name of Rodriguez owns the place and a lot of people come and go to his compound each day. That is all I could find out. Hope that helps you out. When you come to Port de Paix, do come by and see me. I hang out at the Dancing Horse Saloon but you can drop by the Guards Office and they will know where to find me. I'm the Captain of the Guards there.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillipe,
Thanks so much for the business your brought me and my girls upstairs! Also, I am so glad you got a chance to meet Duke Roland. You can now tell your Patron - The Duke of Orleans all about him as I'm sure they will want to make acquaintences when Duke Roland visits the Loire Valley in the future. Perhaps you can ask the Duke to find a suitable location for Duke Roland to build his own Chateau in the Loire Valley?

Also, thanks for the tip about The Cape and Senor Rodriguez! I will ask around my Tavern - Does anyone know anything about Senor Rodriguez? Is he aligned with Juan Jose or with The Illuminati? Has anyone been to The Cape and into this Fortress? Who else goes to The Cape and does business there? There is so much to answer about this place!

I will try to keep in touch with you Phillipe. Unfortunately, we cannot give you our exact location for fear that the Pirate Hunters will come looking for us but if you find another group of privateers you can buy passage on their ship and come visit us again. You have made many friends here and will be received very warmly! If you learn any more information about The Cape or Senor Rodriguez or this man Albert, please let the Privateers know so they may pass it along when they return to Cutlass Isle. Go in peace Phillipe!
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Duke Roland sure knows how to thro a party!!! That's him in the middle on the big chair...

fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The band played on..
Am I seeing dead people?
The tambourine player looks like Janis Joplin.
The mandolin player looks like Jimi Hendrix.
The fiddle player looks like Jim Morrison.
The one with the mustache sitting on a table holding a mug looks like Jim Croce.
I think I see Elvis with his arm in the air to the right of the fiddler.
The pirate in black with a black hat and black eye patch looks like Johnny Cash.
In the right corner, I think I recognize Jerry Garcia.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously a picture from the old days before I married the governor's daughter . . .
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
The band played on..
Am I seeing dead people?
The tambourine player looks like Janis Joplin.
The mandolin player looks like Jimi Hendrix.
The fiddle player looks like Jim Morrison.
The one with the mustache sitting on a table holding a mug looks like Jim Croce.
I think I see Elvis with his arm in the air to the right of the fiddler.
The pirate in black with a black hat and black eye patch looks like Johnny Cash.
In the right corner, I think I recognize Jerry Garcia.

That is a pirate version of the Woodstock festival.
tonymack21
Powder Monkey

291 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

Smile Avast ye seadogs! New to this place, but very long time player and lover of this series. we need Sid to make a new one SO bad!! as long as it didn't lose its charm of course.

I probably started off different from most of you, as I played this series on consoles up until the latest, but sadly now not new iteration of the game. pirates gold on the genesis is still my favorite genny game. only recently have I gotten a computer again and played the pc version of the game, whereas before only the xbox and psp versions, and its definitely the definitive experience, I cant believe for so many years I was playing a version with so much cut content. its still a great game but the pc version is way superior. will have to look into some mods if they work with the steam version.

wish id known about this place years ago. argh!
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonymack, WELCOME ABOARD!!!! I hope you will stick around. We are a bunch of salty old dogs who have played this game forever and still love it! I like it so much I travel throughout the Caribbean to see the actual sites! You have a lot of reading to do, but by all means ask anything you want and remember to have fun! We all have great senses of humor here!
Smooth Sailing
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonymack,
Welcome. I first played Pirates! on a Nintendo. I enjoyed that game, but the PC version is so much better.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of mods are you looking for tonymack? For steam we curently offer redheads, brunettes and blondes. Just joking and welcome to the gang.
tonymack21
Powder Monkey

291 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
tonymack, WELCOME ABOARD!!!! I hope you will stick around. We are a bunch of salty old dogs who have played this game forever and still love it! I like it so much I travel throughout the Caribbean to see the actual sites! You have a lot of reading to do, but by all means ask anything you want and remember to have fun! We all have great senses of humor here!
Smooth Sailing

thanks I am sure I will, pirates is one of my all time top 5 franchises. ya I have been roaming around the forums catching up a little, wish id known about this awesome place years ago, its really great to see so many people love this series so much, gives me hope we will get another game one day. a Caribbean cruise is def on my bucket list, id love to see some of these places and sail these same waters.

fleetp wrote:
tonymack,
Welcome. I first played Pirates! on a Nintendo. I enjoyed that game, but the PC version is so much better.

I remember the NES version a little, I have it now but haven't played too much, but played the heck out of pirates gold on the genesis, even looking back now there is so much charm in that game.

Pirate wrote:
What kind of mods are you looking for tonymack? For steam we curently offer redheads, brunettes and blondes. Just joking and welcome to the gang.

I'll take one of each of those!! lol. I have only begun to look into what kind of mods are even available, looks like quite a lot! I'll probably play a couple more stock games on higher difficulties and then see what I want to try. Sailor
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 69 of 75

Jump to: