Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Where'd ever'body go?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tavern Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just lost interest in this website. You all are wonderful. Thanks for the wonderful memories and hours of friendship.

I doubt I'll be posting here much anymore. Smile
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExtraCrispy wrote:
I've just lost interest in this website. You all are wonderful. Thanks for the wonderful memories and hours of friendship.

I doubt I'll be posting here much anymore. Smile

I can't imagine why anyone would lose interest now. Two years ago maybe but now the women look hotter, the cities are getting harder to sack, the taverns look better, the paintings are worth wall hanging, I could go on and on but it's your choice and gooid luck to whereever you decide to anchor.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interest comes and goes, I know about that. I got busy playing all the Age of Empires games and spinoffs - Age of Empires 2 and two or three expansions to it, then Age of Empires 3 and 3 more expansions. Also, the Age of Mythology. I disappeared from this web site for months and even for a year and a half at one point. I returned here in earnest back in Dec 2014. I recall I had about 450 posts at that time and was Number 34 on the all time list.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself moved recently and have been gone for three months. I am finding my way back and with a ship full of plunder to boot! Fair winds, mate!
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, interests come and go - we cannot really change that, since we are all human beings. The main thing is that we have had some fun while we've been here. Smile

I plan to revisit the game again after a long break one of these days, but haven't really got around to it. The best thing would be a decent remake, expanding upon the premise and making it more of a modern sandbox type game.
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
Yes, interests come and go - we cannot really change that, since we are all human beings. The main thing is that we have had some fun while we've been here. Smile

I plan to revisit the game again after a long break one of these days, but haven't really got around to it. The best thing would be a decent remake, expanding upon the premise and making it more of a modern sandbox type game.

I have always said that they should take the fleet mechanic, map size/locations, and ship types/diversity from SMP and the sailing mechanic (plus wind) and fighting mechanic of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. THAT would be the ultimate pirate game!
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would certainly love to see an update to the game. New maps and characters along with new.missions would.be great.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
I would certainly love to see an update to the game. New maps and characters along with new.missions would.be great.

I think I'll just update my own rather than waiting for something that may never happen. I would be happy though if the ship sailing was more realistic. Most everything else is better than other pirate games I tried. I do like Sea Dogs too since it's easy to mod and the ships are much better.
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really miss the main Hooked Gamers' forum. Sad
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Spartacus gone?
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExtraCrispy wrote:
Where is Spartacus gone?

He reportedly died in battle against the Romans in 71 BC.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one! Razz
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Sparticus then? Razz

Is there any way to communicate with the old forum members of the main Hooked Gamers site?
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:

I'd like to see the game ported over to the Android and iOS with graphical updates. There's already an iOS version if I am not mistaken.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExtraCrispy wrote:
Where is Sparticus then? Razz

Is there any way to communicate with the old forum members of the main Hooked Gamers site?

The hooked gamers site has a contact page where you can send an email. Here's the link

https://www.hookedgamers.com/contact/

You can also check for specific usernames at the hookedgamers steam community page. Here's a link.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hookedgamers#members
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 25 of 34

Jump to: