Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Salty's Land Campaign 2017
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salty Dog
Helmsman

6756 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Salty's Land Campaign 2017 Reply with quote

Took off from Seattle area Tuesday Morning Aug 8 heading East on a 20-day RV adventure. LOTS of smoke in the air from scores of wildfires, most of them in British Columbia but some from South of the border. Spent the first evening in Newport, WA in the far NE corner of the state. Saw a work buddy I had not seen in 16 years! Great guy who had an amazing background playing football in Division 1 program school, and a long career in the Navy and DoD flying helicopters and working with procurement officials.

Next day Aug 8 we drove into the Panhandle of Idaho and visited Priest Lake - if you are3 not familiar with Priest Lake, look it up online. Itisiawesome with LOTS of wildlife (deer, elk, LOTS of moose, black AND grizzly bears. Upper Priest Lake even has caribou!

Then we drove to Sandpoint but it was still too smoky so we drove up to Bonner Ferry and MAGIC, the skies cleared up! It is still retry hot but bearable.
More tomorrow.......

Last edited by Salty Dog on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Pirate
Rigger

19345 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take any photo's of the Priest Lake Bikini Team?
Salty Dog
Helmsman

6756 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate, you really have a one-track mind, don't you ? Nothing but T & A !!!
Salty Dog
Helmsman

6756 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are staying in an RV park in Bonner's Ferry, Idaho. Lucky for us the skies are clear here. It is smoky every place else and we expect to drive back into the smoke tomorrow. We will drive to Glacier National Park tomorrow and find an RV park outside of the park. I hpe it is not too smoky. We have been here before and it as VERY smoky!
Pirate
Rigger

19345 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
Pirate, you really have a one-track mind, don't you ? Nothing but T & A !!!

I chose a path to follow and haven't discovered anything in my journey that Mother Nature has created that looks better than women.
Pirate
Rigger

19345 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well how about a moose in a bikini then did you see any of those? Smile
Rusty Edge
Rigger

14305 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
We are staying in an RV park in Bonner's Ferry, Idaho. Lucky for us the skies are clear here. It is smoky every place else and we expect to drive back into the smoke tomorrow. We will drive to Glacier National Park tomorrow and find an RV park outside of the park. I hpe it is not too smoky. We have been here before and it as VERY smoky!

Well, smoke or no smoke, please take some pictures. I think Glacier Park is about the most picturesque place in the lower 48.
Salty Dog
Helmsman

6756 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not see any moose today, just deer, osprey, wild turkeys, quail, that's all I can recall. Today we drove across NW Montana through Troy and Libby, MT and then thru Kalispell and we drove up to Columbia Falls, near Glacier Park and found a RV Park. Tomorrow we go into Glacier Park and possibly Whitefish. Later in the day I will meet up with two old co-workers I have not seen in 10 years so it should be fun.

I scored big! Got a six pack of Wild Huckleberry Wheat Lagerbrewed by The Great Northern Brewing Company of Whitefish, Montana. Tastes great!
The drive today was good but it should have been spectacular. Just too much smoke in the air! Hpe it improves tomorrow......
Pirate
Rigger

19345 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoke and lager should make driving a experience worth talking about? Smile
Salty Dog
Helmsman

6756 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll, we pushed into Glacier Park yesterday and today. Sine my motorhome is more than 21 feet, I can't drive the famous Goint to the Sun Road, but I have driven it many times before and it is awesome. If you are from flat country, that road will scare the crap out of you. I have driven the mountains of Washington many times in a jewel so I am used to it.

Today we went on a boat ride on Lake MacDonald and then drove down to the famous Isaak Walton Inn down inEssex, MT. It is where the train watchers get together and spot unusual trains/train cars. Cool hotel and they had a fantastic bar so I had one of the local IPA ales and drank a toast to my Cutlass Isle buddies!

Last night we had dinner with two of my co-workers from12 years ago. We had much to catch up on. Had good pizza and beer! Tomorrow we go check out the upscale and pretty town of Whitefish and drive up to the Lodge at the big ski resort there. Lots of smoke in the air everywhere. I hope to leave the smoke in a couple of days.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: