Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Hurricane Irma
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Hurricane Irma Reply with quote

I lived in Tampa for 5 years and graduated from the University of Tampa. We lived on Davis Island, near downtown Tampa. Our house was about 3 feet above the water on a canal. I always knew the island could go underwater but lucky for us it did not happen when we lived there in the mid 1970's.

The old house will be going under water big water ime tonight. I feel so bad for whoever lives there now. Also, I know how lucky we were.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have family on Florida's east coast. They said they would go to a shelter if things got bad.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My God! I just realized LOKI lives in Fort Meyers!!!! The hurricane is passing just east of his house! Loki, how are you? Let' all pray for Loki's safety!!!!!
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently flooding was less in Fort Myers than feared, and only 9 deaths in Florida have been attributed to the storm. Not to minimize loss of electricity, temporary displacement, property damage etc., but I'd say Loki is almost certainly safe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: