Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Pirates of the Asian Sea
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wants to play this Game?
Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
Not me
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my general advice for somebody doing something creative is to follow what interests you, because it will be better if you are excited, rather than bored. Better if your imagination is engaged with the project even when you aren't actually working on it.

I'll put in a word for including Rum label/ logo stuff again. If you could find a way to add a sail or picture or something, that would be cool.

City size? Generally bigger is better. Personally I wouldn't want a map full of Havanas, but I would enjoy many more San Juans.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rusty. I haven't forgotten about your ship sails either. I plan on including those hopefully. Don't worry it won't be grand theft pirates either as I made a neat coffe icon using the sugar bag in the game with a coffee bean texture replacing the sugar. No fake Rolex or other pirated items. One thing I would like to mention though about the cities is that you can use Havana for all of the cities or San Juan but each city will still be diffent . In other words some cities will have more soldiers and be richer or more important than others but useing Havana does do a good job of getting rid of those poor worthless places in the game. That's why I like it. It's still dynamic but not really all Havanas and no Santa Cantilinas either.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, really, on the larger side it's only the five and six hundred soldier garrisons that get tedious, and a few of those are fine. If it gets rid of the Santa Catalinas and it's still dynamic, ( I suppose it would be dynamic with all of the traffic in the shipping lanes affecting stuff ) it sounds great.

So long as there's still a settlement on geographic Santa Catalina. I like the location. One big enough so I could buy some food would be nice.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh there won't be any loss of city locations at all. Where Santa Catalina once stood there will be another city but only better. I can even make all city locations available for all eras meaning that the Coro location not only will have a city but you can drop by anytime from 1600 to 1680 and beyond. Using Havana will yield plenty of those cities over the 500 soldier mark but some will be less. Not all cities will be capitals either because it is dynamic. Gone for the most part or at least I've never seen a city with only 40-60 soldiers where you only need to defeat the captain of the Guard to conquer it. Another thing is larger cities have a larger population which also means more recruits are looking for work in the tavern. That kind of balances things out if your a city sacker then you can recruit the crew to get the job done. Ive also balanced the power of each nation by giving each country the exact same number of cities so no more Spanish dominance but they are all equal. I've never really been able to control what each city specializes in trade goods but for the most part it seems to go with the whatever the city specialized in the original cities. So a city known for spice prices will likely keep that even if the city has been modified.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Large cities are nice but not as nice as this. Warning though it contains nudity so if that is not your thing then don't take a peek please.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2166suik6x3qf8/Screenshot%202017-12-06%2006.13.49.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofu96u03aogjp2q/Screenshot%202017-12-06%2006.41.31.png?dl=0
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Large cities are nice but not as nice as this. Warning though it contains nudity so if that is not your thing then don't take a peek please.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2166suik6x3qf8/Screenshot%202017-12-06%2006.13.49.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofu96u03aogjp2q/Screenshot%202017-12-06%2006.41.31.png?dl=0

I just changed my vote from abstain to Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:

Nudity is my thing....
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the hardest part was getting that girls shoulder in front of the map frame rather then behind it. I was pleased with the result until some idiot named Bart Roberts decided to mess up her facial view. Go get him for me guys. Smile Oh while your at it get Blackbeard too. This is no way to be talking to people. Mad

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbkwxz7j30qb9pe/Screenshot%202017-12-03%2006.04.09.png?dl=0

Rusty Edge I know you like your ladies but if you don't get up from there your going to lose them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16r3znguh31tl2n/Screenshot%202017-11-27%2016.34.09.png?dl=0
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I need some time to loosen up my old back before a duel. But once I slash him with my rusty edge, the lockjaw will gradually slow him down and even the odds.

Here hold my rum!
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: game banner Reply with quote

Love the 1st one for the game banner .... straight on ol boy!!!!!!!!!
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think the general plan of the mod is coming along nicely. I decided to use the Caribbean map rather then the East Indies since it plays more smoothly with fewer bugs. Trust me if I knew how to make a far east Asian including SE Asia landscape I would have already done so. With that being said I will have to stay within the means of what I know how to do rather than get to picky and give up altogether. Using the Caribbean map though more or less dictates that it be a fictinal landscape of Asia rather then the real deal. Any ideas on what you would like to see in a fictinal asian mod is welcome.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: game banner Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
Love the 1st one for the game banner .... straight on ol boy!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I like that one better then any I've made in the past. That's actually Pirates of the Caribbean at Worlds End. The girl game from a black background so it wasn't to difficult to add her on the sides. Hardest part was the scroll but it wasn't hard just takes a couple more minutes than the other modification.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: map makers wanted Reply with quote

Any Americo Vespucci's out there? It would be ideal to have a real asia map works for the Ching Shi scenario.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it would be nice to have Asia map but that's above my skill capability which really isn't hard to be above. Hopefully some sober well trained individual can help you out on that one. I was basically going rename the cities to perhaps Chinese names but maybe not the most well known names like Beijing for example but rather names of smaller towns to give it a authentic sound and being named this way nobody would know what city should be beside each other on a map. In other words it's a fictional setting with a China feel to it. Of course if you have a Ching Shi nif that can wield a sword and pistol I could add her to the top ten. Actually that would really require two nifs since the pirate haven captains have a knife.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well folks this is an attempt to give it a authuntic feel but unless you can except it's a fictinal setting rather than a map of China then it might not work for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/px9nfxd417iag1m/Screenshot%202017-12-08%2018.27.00.png?dl=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: