Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Making textures for "rankpc" models
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Making textures for "rankpc" models Reply with quote

Sure, I come back to this place after nearly a decade in hopes of finding that some clever lad or lassie has slain the stubborn demon of modding the pc.govm.nif and its cohorts, but alas I see the bugger yet remains.

After all this time, is there still no way to display this model's textures in Nifskope? I'm trying to make new textures for the player character's uniforms and without being able to see a render of what I'm doing it's quite difficult to get things to line up properly.

Also, has anyone noticed a disquieting amount of "polygony" on the player character's face and chest in the governor scenes when using the Sea Vixen mod?

Thanks in advance to anyone with any guidance on this thorny issue. It's a pain not being able to render "in real time" using Nifskope the way I can with pc.nif and the daughters.
Other'n that, just wanted to say hello and thanks to the site admins for keeping this site going for all this time.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a bit of what I'm currently on about, on the "Sea Vixen" model. It took me but a short time to discover that this is a slightly modified (I think, maybe ... ) version of some bloke named Nick's "Pretty Captain" mod from a decade ago. Then, despite me initial glee to find that someone had managed to alter the notorious "pc_govm" nif to give our poor lass some sort of shape ... that's as far as things went far as I can tell.

To be sure, that in itself is excellent work and I commend the creator(s) for 'tis far beyond what my mere talent might produce.

Anyway, here's a glimpse of what I'm trying to get done right now, just as a sort of hello sorta thing, again ... and providin' I've sussed this whole "dropbox" thingy here ...

... erm ... aha !

Edit: Added a shot of the polygon effect I mentioned above.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfsow8vkpir5h3t/Screenshot%20%2883%29.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/92b4v9u0q3vmoh8/Screenshot%20%2885%29.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdnmn0kv1i0u798/Screenshot%20%2850%29.png?dl=0
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back.
Pirate and parksbanyon are our experts at texture modding and nif modding. I've done a bit of fiddling around with some of the non-playable characters, but not the playable character.
I wish you success.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fleetp, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've seen what Pirate and parksbanyon have been working on lately and I'm quite impressed. Although I can't seem to find any of the mods they're discussing in theses forums posted for download anywhere; am I missing something?

Since you've been "around here" awhile, perhaps I might trouble you with a question on current site protocols. To wit, would the images I link to upthread be in breach of the overall "family-friendly" policies? Would that and other designs be of interest to the larger (i.e. just plug in the mod) crowd?

Again, thanks for the timely reply and good day to all for now.
EinheitC
Powder Monkey

157 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, and a warm "welcome back" from me, who is still wet behind the forum ears.

To the question about the mod downloads: to me it appears as if the mods are only posted in the respective forum threads nowadays, but not the mods section.

As an absolute nif-noob I took a look into the file and fiddled around a bit but sadly had no success either. Sad
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EinheitC wrote:
Hey there, and a warm "welcome back" from me, who is still wet behind the forum ears.

Sure and next ye'll be tellin' me ye're the Angel of Happiness lad. I seem to recall you from last time I was here. If not hello, and if so hello again! Smile
EinheitC
Powder Monkey

157 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir W. Raleigh wrote:
EinheitC wrote:

Sure and next ye'll be tellin' me ye're the Angel of Happiness lad. I seem to recall you from last time I was here. If not hello, and if so hello again! Smile

Well, as I just discovered this forum about 2 weeks ago I guess it's the first time we have the pleasure! Smile
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake then, apologies. Surprised

I did a quick google on "Einheit" to learn its meaning and that probably explains my confusion. Seems some other bloke somewhere-time was "Unit C" as well. Wink
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought it wise to pop back in to clarify a bit.

I'm not actually looking for any sort of change to the mesh(es). I've been playing with the "Sea Vixen" and "legged daughters" mods and I would ne'er deign to impugn the skills of the creators by making any sort of criticisms from my standpoint as not only a rank mesh-edit noob but one with precisely zero interest in engaging again in that maddening endeavor. My hat's off to those who have done, and produced the aforementioned results among others.

Rather, I'm just looking for the capability to display the player-character's "government mansion" models in Nifskope for purposes of creating textures. I'm thinking even a non-rigged "skinned mesh" in .obj format would do, but I lack the knowledge to answer even that.

I'm pretty much stuck with Nifskope since I lack the resources to acquire any of the other applications (e.g. GMax) suggested for this purpose. What I do have, apparently, is too much time on my hands. Smile
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir W. Raleigh wrote:
Hi fleetp, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've seen what Pirate and parksbanyon have been working on lately and I'm quite impressed. Although I can't seem to find any of the mods they're discussing in theses forums posted for download anywhere; am I missing something?

Since you've been "around here" awhile, perhaps I might trouble you with a question on current site protocols. To wit, would the images I link to upthread be in breach of the overall "family-friendly" policies? Would that and other designs be of interest to the larger (i.e. just plug in the mod) crowd?

Again, thanks for the timely reply and good day to all for now.

Hi. Unfortunately, we can't add anything to the mods section as the site software is 'old' and the folks at hooked gamers have said they aren't going to update it.
As EinheitC stated in another post, new mods are linked in threads.
You can link to screenshots of non-playable characters that contain nudity, but please include the words 'contains nudity' in the post containing the link.
parksbanyon has given permission to modify any of his nif files.
Very respectfully,
fleetp
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks again! I'm in the process of chasing that Pirate character down now as that's the one seems to be on to the same course as I.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work on the PC Mr Raleigh the tobacco man. My experience with the Sea Vixen mod is limited since I don't like dressing up like a girl but I did attempt to use it as a female captain of the guard. She worked well but had some animation problems. I'm like you i use the nif scope to view textures with and in game I will often use the trainer on the pc uniforms to quickly look at whatever rank of uniform I'm working on. Anyway keep up the good work and it is good work. Sorry I wasn't much help but I am a pirate who would still be in the third grade if I hadn't cheated so don't expect much from a low life like that.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Nice work on the PC Mr Raleigh the tobacco man. My experience with the Sea Vixen mod is limited since I don't like dressing up like a girl but I did attempt to use it as a female captain of the guard.

Thank you Pirate. For the record, I'm not fond of dressing up like a girl either, but as someone said on another thread, the modding work gets boring if the subject's not interesting. Thing is, anything I do on Sea Vixen aka Pretty Captain easily transfers over to the beautiful daughter models, all I have to do is design the skirt and maybe fiddle hair color and such. At least, that was true until some helpful :: cough cough :: soul FINALLY put legs on them. Turns out though, those new UV's are a piece of cake to work with so I think I'm going to have some fun with those too. Mostly right now I'm thrilled by the upgrade in color density allowed now!

(Honesty compels me to confess that my choice of usernames was an unfortunate result of too little sleep and too much alcohol or something, for 'twas Drake I'd had in mind and simply confused the names when thinking of the histories.)

Laughing
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Sir Walter Raleigh first I would like to say welcome back with us. Make your stay a long one. Second there really isn't anything wrong with the name you chose to call yourself. I've picked on others before and still haven't learned that can be a sensitive subject. I don't know if it's from living a pirates life, to much grog etc but anyway feel free to pick back if you must. I agree that modding girls is more fun than the guys so I can see why your doing it with Miss Sea Vixen. That is the best Sea Vixen I've seen so far. I made a topless version with sleeves of course since it's required she has those and what looked like blue jeans on. I liked that one too but I intended it to be a npc and I ran into animation issues that I haven't taken the time to iron out yet. Anyway I am anxious to see what you can come up with the daughters.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Well Sir Walter Raleigh first I would like to say welcome back with us. Make your stay a long one. Second there really isn't anything wrong with the name you chose to call yourself. ...

Thanks for that. Thing with the name is, my paternal grandfather came to the USA from "the old sod" of Ireland, and while Raleigh is most remembered for his involvement with tobacco and his exploits in the Queen's court he also had a history in Ireland that was less pleasant. No big deal obviously else I would simply start all over with a different name but it still strikes me as ironic. Smile

Thanks for the compliment on the Sea Vixen. What I really lack in this work is a decent (well, indecent really ... ) nude figure to use as a base. Although there's several "out there" that are fine for most things, none have satisfactory appearance in the waist-upper thigh area to suit my admittedly perfectionist tastes. Of course it's a waste of time to try to have too much detail given the way some of the meshes are stretched and distorted during animations, but if those tones are not present "underneath" whatever article of clothing is represented, it just won't work for some looks (e.g. "sheer", lace, or cutouts). But I digress ...

Here's some shots of "Irish Rose beta" in action. (Not sure if the bloke in the foreground of the first shot is trying to call time out, doing calisthenics or maybe preparing to do dive over the side but he sure doesn't seem to be paying attention. )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6of10hh3ig6m53w/irishrose_combat_1.jpg?
dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/palut39aewbnwwf/2018_01_17_15_53_08-ses_Moment%284%29.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fqjttvs6025nfd/2018_01_17_15_53_08-ses_Moment%282%29.jpg?dl=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: