Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Making textures for "rankpc" models
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple screens of my work on the uniforms. Nick did a good job modifying the existing military uniforms for his mod and I have no complaints. My goal here is to dispense with the uniform entirely, as you can see. (You will also undoubtedly note I still have work to do blending my skin tones. )

The character is a Spanish Countess in these shots.

WARNING: Nudity.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgo8498u8zerznn/2018_01_21_00_46_12-ses_Moment%284%29.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xvdi5r0lv6m86q/2018_01_21_00_46_12-ses_Moment%282%29.jpg?dl=0

It'll probably take me today to sort out my difficulty with the dds formatting and fpk creation process, but I'll try to have a full beta release for the out-of-town skins up by this evening my time (GMT -9).

I want to again thank those participating in this thread for their assistance, as I'm quite aware that interest in modding this game is far below what is enjoyed by more popular titles (e.g. Oblivion, Civ4 etc ), and any information you can provide, even if negative, is useful.

Edit: Orrah, I should not be doin' this afore having the customary 3 cups of coffee of a morning ... the character is a Spanish Countess, as is obvious from the screenshot.
Laughing
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: A stand-alone fpk for this mod is now avalable (hopefully) at the link I posted this morning. I haven't heard back from anyone so at this point I don't even know if I've got this blasted Dropbox gadget sorted but hopefully you should be able to go the linked folder, grab the fpk and just drop it into custom as with any other mod.
I've only today become aware of a possible conflict between CD Pirates and the Steam version. Even if not intending to use it, I'd appreciate anyone with CD Pirates who could help me out by at least dropping the mod in once and starting a new game to see if the right character appears.
Please let me know what you think of her so far, any suggestions for design paths in the uniforms &c. I'm quite raw at this yet and so won't take any offense at constructive criticism. And yes, I know she needs a tan.

Edit: Update to the Update; fpk is currently broken but I'll leave it up in case some helpful soul might take a look and be able to winkle out where I've erred, for surely I have. I swear I tested this thing after packing it, and before upload and it worked! I'm flummoxed guys, might be a day or so more.

Edit: Update to the Updated Update; fpk has been removed to avoid any possible mistaken downloads. Please download the zip file at the same link if you want to try the mod.

Last edited by Sir W. Raleigh on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be checking back at mod base soon. Is the fpk pack at least unpackable if not I would at least keep it in zip. Must of us here know where to stick mods at except I’m just about the only one who doesn’t use the customs folder much. I only use it for sailing flags and sails and everything else I stick in a folder I create inside the assets folder. My plan is to either zip my women up or send them packing tonight.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Be checking back at mod base soon. Is the fpk pack at least unpackable if not I would at least keep it in zip. Must of us here know where to stick mods at except I’m just about the only one who doesn’t use the customs folder much. I only use it for sailing flags and sails and everything else I stick in a folder I create inside the assets folder. My plan is to either zip my women up or send them packing tonight.

Yes, thanks. I have re-posted all the files in unpacked form to the same link. As for the fpk, it seems to have corrupted everything when I tested it because when I unpacked it after it failed in fpk form, the game would still not recognize the files, although they showed no sign of having changed to Windows point of view. Baffling. I have tested the files in this zip in game and those work. So as long as the zip/unzip process doesn't run amuck, we should be golden. (Something I've said to meself on many a date har har).

Those with Sea Vixen already in unzipped form may wish to substitute only some of the files, since most of those I include are copied from that mod without modification. I'm only including them at this point for the convenience of anyone not having Sea Vixen, else those would need to first get that mod, unpack and sort out the files, then unzip this one. Too much work even for me.
Smile

I HOPE THIS WORKS THIS TIME!! Else y'ns will surely chuck me over the side!
Surprised

A final note: I've almost completed a "tamer" version for any who may like the overall look (that shiny blue silk really shows in game) but who may have some issue with the bottom part, or maybe just feel it's a bit too unrealistic (I mean, c'mon ... swordfighting in a garter and heels ... with those bodacious ta-tas swinging in the breeze? Not a chance! Laughing ). She'll have a matching pair of silk britches on, with maybe some torn spots and "transparencies". Would be part of the "line" anyway so I don't mind doing it.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grab the vixen. A tamer version would be nice if I was waiting at the gates of heaven to get in but since I'm down here being mean I want a bikini mod or worse. Smile Great job you did. Thanks
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pirate. But I must bear in mind that not everyone out there is an old pervert like meself.

Laughing

'Tis a pity the lads were nae able t' grab that faulty fpk; I found during debug that I'd accidentally compiled that'n wit' older bimps what hadn't the bra yet.
Smile
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang I missed it. Sad
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Dang I missed it. Sad

Sorry mate. Don't fret tho, I'll have that'n out afore too long. My skin-tone base totally sucks though and I'd die of shame to publish as is.

I mentioned upthread some uniform skins I know I have seen ... I thought it was Nick's work but turns out they're not part of SV. Anyone have an idea where I might find those again? I can't seem to find them on local drive and may have blundered and deleted them during last housekeeping. They were basically vanilla uniforms with cleavage added, iirc.

Edit: Belay that, I found 'em. Turns out I was right the first time and they're part of SV, and I was also right that I'd apparently accidentally purged them.

Edit: Update; 32-bit skin for "Irish Rose" now up on my betas link. (Previous was dxt5).
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if you all have seen the discussions from some years back about this subject? They're worth a look for anyone attempting to mess with the meshes. They contain much valuable info on the SMP implementation of Gamebryo as well as specific issues encountered with the "ranked" meshes. I'll link a couple threads here, and if you've not seen them I highly recommend checking it out. One of the best, I think, is this:

http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4857&highlight=

and this:

http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5075&highlight=

Nassau, Gmatt and royfox were among those involved at that time, and searching their posts on the topic will also provide a valuable resource if you've not already seen them.

All that said, I just found out yesterday that blender/nifskope DO now I/O nif architecture for SMP accurately (at least wrt geometry/armature) where they hadn't done last time I was "in the loop", and so ... now I've got a bee in me bonnet about the bleedin' meshes again.
Laughing

This morning I loaded up Nick's pc.nif into Blender, made some minor changes to the mesh, left everything else untouched, and exported as nif. Opened in nifskope, corrected a node error (Blender seems to lose the scene root (?) ) and saved as nif, then put it in custom. Loaded up game and she worked fine. (Though of course my skin no longer lined up right due to the different mesh since I hadn't bothered to re-map the UV at this point).

Now this won't amount to a hill of beans for you older hands around here, who talk as if you know your way around a 3d model. But for me this is a phenomenal breakthrough. It's the first time EVER that I've been able to go through that process, even without changing anything, without irretrievably corrupting the nif.

Which means I won't be working on skins for a bit. Still waiting to know what y'ns think of me humble contributions so far on that anyway.

Edit: Fixed links, both of which formerly pointed to one topic. 2nd link now directs to an old discussion re nif edit in blender (some of which is out of date, but there's much still-valid information as well).

Last edited by Sir W. Raleigh on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your contributions are great Mr. Raleigh and I encourage you to continue with all your expermints.
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The times I've worked with blender/nifskope I had a heck of a lot of trial and error to get anything good. I'm glad you're making progress.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
The times I've worked with blender/nifskope I had a heck of a lot of trial and error to get anything good. I'm glad you're making progress.

Fleet! So good of you to stop in! Smile Thanks!

Enough has been said about the pitfalls of Blender on other threads, no need for me to elaborate on my own experiences. I'll keep y'ns apprised of any significant advances here I guess. Thinkin' I might should start posting in Nick's thread though to keep it afloat, as it were, since that mod is the foundation for anything I'm doing at present. Any opinion on that?

Meanwhile, I have a skin up for the vanilla beautiful daughters, at the link posted upthread. It's the "Irish Rose" I made for the PC adapted to the vbd's.

Skirt looks awful but ... ye've already seen the lass above the waist I need say no more.
Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/damut95hx94ojtq/AACv7R2WWFiK4xVegMs8oHXQa?dl=0

Edit: Added missing link. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Sir W. Raleigh on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir W. Raleigh wrote:
Enough has been said about the pitfalls of Blender on other threads, no need for me to elaborate on my own experiences. I'll keep y'ns apprised of any significant advances here I guess. Thinkin' I might should start posting in Nick's thread though to keep it afloat, as it were, since that mod is the foundation for anything I'm doing at present. Any opinion on that?

Removing my sea-fairin' cap for a moment and donning my moderator hat, I'd say use this thread rather than Nick's thread. I'd recommend that when you makke an update on the mod you make a new post in the thread with the updated link and ALSO edit the first post in the thread to show the new link.
Very respectfully,
fleet
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then, I'll do as you suggest. I have it set up to link to a folder I can just drop stuff into or take out, so the same link will be valid for everything even if I take something down. I had in mind to limit the number of links I strew around that may someday become "broken". I will however start putting that link in announcements of new stuff, so folks don't have to go looking.
Thanks again, have a good'n.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I found a screen of the Dutch Captain of the Guard and as an added bonus I had my Mysterious Stranger mod installed at the time too.

Warning contains Nudity.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7sh93ur263v87i/Screenshot%202017-07-24%2003.47.30.png?dl=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: