Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Making textures for "rankpc" models
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Here I found a screen of the Dutch Captain of the Guard and as an added bonus I had my Mysterious Stranger mod installed at the time too.

Warning contains Nudity.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7sh93ur263v87i/Screenshot%202017-07-24%2003.47.30.png?dl=0

Aye lad, I sussed early on what you lot were after, and further that ye'd already charted the course insofar as we see there. Nice work on those, and 'tis more'n I might have done on me own for sure. But this shot also illustrates how vast an expanse must yet be navigated.
To wit, the "origami shoulders" on the "captain of the guard" here, which I take to be a Sea Vixen mesh on the CoG skeleton (?). And also of course those annoying puffy sleeves.
So at this point I've put off the long-term goal of getting this little honey into the game:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zwej30ni5ikf4g/Clare.jpg?dl=0

Perhaps she'd serve in place of Montalban, certainly wouldn't due to have 'er be a mere barmaid.
(That model is available here: https://free3d.com
, wherein is the following credit: "Model clare claymore anime character written and illustrated by Norihiro Yagi . The body was made with MakeHuman and accessories modeled in 3dsmax . Model for study or fan to fan applications."

... and have instead embarked on the less-demanding task of refining the Sea Vixen mesh (Edit: I actually meant the Ubx here since it's a less-complex and more complete mesh (SV has three separate UV maps v only one for Ubx) ... end edit) to the more :: cough cough :: sophisticated level I'm after.
Rather a more realistic course for a new skipper, frankly, and a good way to learn how to do ANYTHING in this blasted ap (Blender 2.49b).

(Sure, I'd LOVE to move to B2.7x but ... as far as I can see the latest nifscripts release doesn't work on that version, at least not for SMP nifs. Hopin' I'm wrong on that and one of you lads could steer me to where to get the newer scripts.

I did have one of my oft-belated flashes of inspiration just now though, and maybe I'll try doing the skinning work in 2.7x and then rig it in 2.49b ... and hope there's no compatibility conflict.)

Edit: Well, that did not go well. I took a Blender 279 out for a quick sail and she dang near flipped over and drowned me, so I tried a 266 but she hadn't the cabin space I was needing. So it's back to the ole 249 'twould seem.
(fixed link above so it should work but now ye have to find 'er among all the others).

Last edited by Sir W. Raleigh on Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the Captain of the guard is the Sea Vixen nif replacing the Captain of the guard nif. No modifications other then renaming some textures in the nif not to conflict with the player character were made. Well I like that Roman soldier topless girl or whatever she is suppose to be. Is that going to be a PC or a Non PC?
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
All the Captain of the guard is the Sea Vixen nif replacing the Captain of the guard nif. No modifications other then renaming some textures in the nif not to conflict with the player character were made. Well I like that Roman soldier topless girl or whatever she is suppose to be. Is that going to be a PC or a Non PC?

I haven't decided on that last yet, ideally I can cook up a rig that will be universal with at most some minor tweaks in Nifskope for particular characters, so it could serve in any role. Barring that, I'm after a methodology for rigging any given mesh to any given skeleton, which should be possible, if a rather cumbersome approach and not one accessible to the plug-and-play crowd.

I seem to recall you mentioning somewhere -time that your CoG has "animation issues". Could you elaborate briefly on what you meant by that? Is it distorted or just not moving in the right ways? Could you upload it so I could take a look?
BTW, I found a picture of the model with textures, she's not actually topless but ... the clothes are separate meshes so ... (link in my previous post)
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a better screenshot of Miss Captain Of the Guard. For the most part the animations were decent and she was fun to fight with upstairs but the thing that you can notice in the screenie is the pistol in hand and double swords. That's the part especially the double swords that I didn't like. The pistol in hand I could handle as this girl looks like a trouble maker that means business anyway.

Warning naked girl on a pool table picture behind the naked mysterious strange lady.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gi9jgx5hmjynua6/Screenshot%202017-07-24%2003.46.54.png?dl=0
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Here is a better screenshot of Miss Captain Of the Guard. For the most part the animations were decent and she was fun to fight with upstairs but the thing that you can notice in the screenie is the pistol in hand and double swords. That's the part especially the double swords that I didn't like. The pistol in hand I could handle as this girl looks like a trouble maker that means business anyway.

Warning naked girl on a pool table picture behind the naked mysterious strange lady.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gi9jgx5hmjynua6/Screenshot%202017-07-24%2003.46.54.png?dl=0

Hmm ... did you try going back into Nifskope to be sure there's only one set of swords and guns? Renaming the file wouldn't have changed the calls for those, and so I suspect the animation is trying to, e.g., put the CoG sword onto the belt (by means not currently relevant) but the targets for the calls aren't named right. (The PC nif is configured to show the player's gaining the brace of pistols and set of swords, whereas the CoG doesn't use those.)
I'm just spitballin' here tho, so don't quote me on that last bit.
Smile

Edit: Update; Gave my above procedure a try and after much frustration getting the CoG to spawn, I got this shot (warning, just pure creepiness):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4y0x8tddjcdtu8/dejawho.jpg?dl=0

Sadly, I hit wrong key while taking the screenshot and game crashed before I could see if the combat had proper sword/pistol anims but it functioned through the intro well enough. (Those lips tho ... ouch ).
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what did you do to get those double swords and pistol out. Edit the nif or Kf m’s she is going to look mean now so you’ll need a very pretty face to make and average one on that mod. Perhaps the French bd1 might be a better choice.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
so what did you do to get those double swords and pistol out. Edit the nif or Kf m’s she is going to look mean now so you’ll need a very pretty face to make and average one on that mod. Perhaps the French bd1 might be a better choice.

All I did there was delete ALL of the sword/pistol data blocks from the pc.nif and then renamed the nif cpt_grd_s (I used Spain since that was the nation I could expect to spawn a CoG from without too much trouble.)
As a result of this crude process, it's highly likely that the CoG would have appeared in the ensuing fight scene sans weaponry. To do an actual usable modification would require figuring out which set to leave in place, which shouldn't be too hard if a bit time-consuming.
No other changes should be needed for this particular swap, since the textures used for the CoG (formerly PC) are same ones called for the PC. I expect that would differ for other scenes but I'm still unclear on that last.
Additional refinements would be needed to make a properly-animated replacement but this basic procedure is at least valid insofar as functionality.

Edit: "No other changes should be needed for this particular swap, since the textures used for the CoG (formerly PC) are same ones called for the PC" sez I, having just read Pirate's post declaring he'd changed texture names "not to conflict with ... " the PC textures, clearly indicating awareness of that issue. Sorry about that.
Very Happy

Last edited by Sir W. Raleigh on Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir W. Raleigh wrote:

All I did there was delete ALL of the sword/pistol data blocks from the pc.nif and then renamed the nif cpt_grd_s

Correction: I removed all but one, obviously, but as it was just a quick "what the hell" test I didn't even note which one I left so regrettably, not much of a useful "spearmint", really.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you delete the unwanted weapons from the nif useing nifscope? I take a look at it when time is available. I’m enjoying my day off with my two little girls so no modding today. I might even convert a few of the ship captains into women but not the top ten pirates as there is another nif that requires a knife in the pirate havens.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Did you delete the unwanted weapons from the nif useing nifscope? I take a look at it when time is available. I’m enjoying my day off with my two little girls so no modding today. I might even convert a few of the ship captains into women but not the top ten pirates as there is another nif that requires a knife in the pirate havens.

Yes, all this work is done in Nifskope. WARNING: If you try to emulate this process, be very careful to always Remove Branch on elements you want to remove, and NEVER DELETE ANY "Bip" ELEMENTS! Either removing the wrong thing, or leaving something "hanging", can have very bad consequences up to and including having to reinstall the game.

I have put my latest modified nif in my betas dropbox, here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/damut95hx94ojtq/AACv7R2WWFiK4xVegMs8oHXQa?dl=0

Screens of this can be seen here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9tlbi5g2cvjvxam/AADlUo2jz3drwNXLyiE9AjI7a?dl=0

This version includes a tweak to the offset for the "dummy parent face bone" to ameliorate the facial distortions, and change of texture path to the Dutch CoG. It still uses player_head_x for the face tho, so that would need to be remedied for full compatibility in addition to rearranging the CoG texture.

Have a good time with your girls!

Edit: Betas now contains set of nifs and textures (pc_cog.zip) to swap to either vanilla pc or Sea Vixen (with IR skin).

Last edited by Sir W. Raleigh on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m away from my compooper at the time to check anything out but was wondering if for instance I wanted to add all rapiers to the top ten pirates or perhaps a cutlass version of the marquis for those who have trouble whipping him could can it be done with nifscope?
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
snip ... "if for instance I wanted to add all rapiers to the top ten pirates ... can it be done with nifscope?"

In theory this sort of thing should be easily accomplished with Nifskope. However, at present I'm not sure how the game puts the different sword types into play, since all sword-bearing models share the same "cutlass" mesh.
(I'm guessing that the game uses alpha channel manipulations to visually "reshape" this single mesh into the 3 distinct types, but haven't studied it in depth enough to know.)

Nonetheless, regardless of the original setup, I see no barrier within that setup to our altering the "cutlass" mesh, or even substituting entirely new one(s), for any or all of the models. The substitute(s) would need to be developed with some other ap, but once the mesh exists it could be easily spliced to any nif using Nifskope.

(Nifskope does allow changes to meshes, for instance you can move the vertices around, scale individual elements and/or entire meshes, add or delete vertices etc. However, the display provides no ordering and it is very difficult to know which ones to work with.)
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check it out when time permits. If it works though I might run off some of our top fencers if they get whiped by a big boomed girl with a rapier like Miss Moltaban or something like that.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
I will check it out when time permits. If it works though I might run off some of our top fencers if they get whiped by a big boomed girl with a rapier like Miss Moltaban or something like that.

Surely anyone still clinging to this gods-forsaken scrap of an island is made of stronger stuff than that! However, to the best of my current understanding whatever you do with the mesh will not affect combat. The game engine will still treat it as if it were a cutlass, longsword, or what have you.

Theoretically, one could obtain a mesh of, e.g., a parrot, and parent that to some part of nif anatomy with the appropriate offsets to place and keep it on a shoulder or even hovering somewhere nearby. It would be static without animations but it would be a parrot, albeit one evoking more of an air of Monty Python than piracy on the high seas. Alternatively, think not just one barmaid but several.
Shocked

Edit: Update; I put up a full set of nifs/textures to make swap of CoG to either vanilla pc (or any like-named dds's) or Sea Vixen (ditto).
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/damut95hx94ojtq/AACv7R2WWFiK4xVegMs8oHXQa?dl=0
Look for pc_cog.zip
I did what I could with the face but you're right, that will not do as is! Laughing

Farmboy van Illa transforms into some evil cousin or something tho, that one's worth a look maybe in the all-black getup.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I’m sure your right but I do believe it’s possible to make stronger fencing opponents with the kfm files. Something is making Moltaban a harder opponent then some of the others and if you noticed basically all the movements for each nif is in those kfms. Even the facieial problem of theCaptain of the guard using miss vixen could probably be fixed by replacing certain kfms. I once used Blackbeard as a cog but he had a goofy look until I swapped kfms. Hell I even had criimanals upstairs swing by imagenery ropes. Dont put any rope swing kfms in those guys or they will fight the same as on a ship. Take them out and your fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: