Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Missing: Shipyard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hbi31
Powder Monkey

123 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Missing: Shipyard Reply with quote

Anyone else think you should be allowed to buy ships in a shipyard if you want to? Yea yea I know the game is called Pirates and pirates never bought anything, but it would really help a lot if you wanted to be a peaceful trader or something like that.

I wish you could "Go to the shipyard."
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Hooked on Pirates.
I agree that it would be nice to be able to buy a ship..
As far as being a peaceful trader. I'm guessing that the only way to get a different ship would be to attack and capture a pirate ship.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately there is no way to get promoted by selling sugar and spice nor being nice. It's a pirates life your living in this game. Not sure where Stede Bonnet bought his ship at but he is the only one I can think of who bought a ship.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually if all your interested in is buying low and selling high without giving a hoot about fighting or daughters or anything like that then about the only thing you can do peacefully is either use the ship your given or use the PHTrainer and get a trade gallon or sotl or anything else you want to use for free. You can getaway being like that in smp but in one of my favorite pirate games Seadogs you can buy ships and be a peaceful trader but the problem is unlike this game. Pirates and hostile nations will attack you and there will be times that your going to have to swing a cutlass no matter you a peaceful man or not. That’s why I like Seadogs.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMP just isn't designed for peaceful merchants. Port Royale, in spite of the piratey name, was much more geared that way. More effort was put into the economic model, you could set up production and manufacturing businesses, automated trade routes, stuff like that.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I do believe you can be a peaceful merchant in the game. Of course you won’t be promoted or achieve anything other then seeing how rich you can get buying low and sellling high. At least nobody even pirates won’t attack you unless you attack them first so being peaceful and living in peace is possible but certainly not the way the game was meant to be played.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course your crew might mutiny but that’s about it. You don’t have to worry about being attacked as long as you don’t attack first.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out my post, Playboy and Bounty Hunter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: