Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Question regarding eliminating all nations but one....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hbi31
Powder Monkey

123 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Question regarding eliminating all nations but one.... Reply with quote

I've read in other threads about how when you eliminate everybody but one nation, the eliminated nations have incredible amounts of gold on spawned privateer vessels etc...

I did that, made everything French (they seem to be the most forgiving of my frequent abuse of their prolific treasure ships) and for about a year or so of game-time, I was getting incredible amounts of gold from thee vessels, minimum 19K and up to 70-ish K. This made me happy Smile Then, they all dried up. All the spawned ships now have just a few gold pieces. Is that what usually happens in that situation? I can't seem to find a post that addresses that.

Some of you guys with ancient pirates cruising around the Main---did that happen to you?

I am holding off on the named guys until they bring in the really big bucks. I had to kill Jack Rackham though, he was like a little gnat whining about my "treasure-stealer' ways. I got tired of him taking pop shots at my fleet, and I figured that even after a hundred years he'd still barely net 5K, so why wait.

Thanks in advance for any answers you all can give
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about what happens if you eliminate all nations except one except of course that one nation is hands down the winner of the Caribbean. Ive seen Monty and the other dude switch nations when there is no Spanish cities left. Seems to me though that any nation without a city left wouldn't be rich and sacking ships out of settlements wouldn't seem like a get rich quick scheme but maybe your right since I haven't played it that way. I couldn't say either why the gold dried up unless it's like when the wood burns up there is not much left to keep the fire burning perhaps.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens is that the settlements of different nations constantly launch invasion forces to take over cities. You may be in Trinidad and the Spanish will launch an invasion ship near Villa Hermosa and take over one of the cities there and there is not much you can do about it. All the other nations do that so you can't keep all the cities under your control for very long.

Once they take a city, the super gold dries up for that nation. And it will happen to all the nations.

Yes, Monty and Raymondo launch from other nations cities if no Spanish Cities are available.

Even the Treasure Fleet keeps coming and stops at the same cities, Spanish or not.

I played until age 80 and had so many Col Mendoza ships sailing around that I saw five of them on the same screen one time!

I retired with eight ships of the line. I am probably the only one to do that but who knows, maybe someone else did.

Sparticus if the all time king of old age. He played SMP at work for several hours a day for a couple of years and went up to the year 3380 or something. That means his Pirate was about 1700 years old! No one will beat that record.

I am very happy to hear you talk of this. It shows you are really playing the game. You will a learn a lot. Keep asking questions, we can answer any you have.

Where is Roland, has he returned yet?
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have one nation with very few cities it's common to get 25k+ on military payrolls, have seen that before and it's crazy. You don't even have to conquer the whole caribee just knock that nation down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: