Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Making textures for "rankpc" models
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

3792 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks for the info and help Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
I could see where a version 4 of gamebyro won't work in a version 10 slot. I'll try that fix.

Remember the kf simply records the vertice positions of the bone joints, so no matter what we do it will place them in the recorded positions at scene start. Until we can figure out how to redo the animations we're stuck with that.

Thanks. To be clear, there's no problem with 4x v 10x wrt the game (I use the 4x nifs in my late-issue game without trouble), but it's not possible at present to transfer elements between versions, or to convert a 4x to 10x or vice versa.

You haven't answered my question though ... Is it best to scale the frame, or the mesh, when facing a mismatch? Does it matter?
parksbanyon
Cutthroat

11935 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: clarification Reply with quote

In the example using the barmaid frame to use as a barmaid we need to scale the mesh to match the frame.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

3792 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming.
So ... what's up with that Katrina nif in your uploads? That's a heck of a fine model, if we could rig it into the game.
I had been messing with it a bit (hope you dont mind) but have had to set modding aside for awhile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: