Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

POWDER MONKEY FIRST POST: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE ! ! !
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard AD!!!
If you have not done so, go up to the "Guide" tab at the top of this page and pull it down. In it you will find a Strategy Guide written by a fellow named Shushkan. This is the BIBLE of SMP playing. He did an AMAZING job of teaching the game to us.

There is a LOT of knowledge here on this board and please feel free to ask anything you want. We have played this game all the way thru hundreds of times. We have invented challenges for others to obtain, we have clever people who have made entertaining mods to this game. There is a lot of fun to this game! Welcome! Have fun!
Smooth Sailing
tonymack21
Powder Monkey

291 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome pretty new here too but really like it
Lord Flash Fire
Powder Monkey

28 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, I be a new pirate to the forums, and I just can't believe 14 years after the game came out, this forum is still sailing like a War Canoe at Broad Beam. Well, I be the new powder monkey, so thank ye fer havin' me aboard this virtual Carribean
fleetp
Boatswain

35817 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Flash Fire wrote:
Aye, I be a new pirate to the forums, and I just can't believe 14 years after the game came out, this forum is still sailing like a War Canoe at Broad Beam. Well, I be the new powder monkey, so thank ye fer havin' me aboard this virtual Caribbean

Welcome aboard, matey!
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Lord Flash Fire wrote:
Aye, I be a new pirate to the forums, and I just can't believe 14 years after the game came out, this forum is still sailing like a War Canoe at Broad Beam. Well, I be the new powder monkey, so thank ye fer havin' me aboard this virtual Caribbean

Welcome aboard, matey!

What fleetp sez, and beggin' pardon 'n all but ... game's been out 30 years more like ... I knows ye meant the update but let's give Cap'n Sid credit for buildin' somethin' can endure so long.

That said, welcome to our little scrap of an island. You'll find it's pretty quiet most times, though there's several still posting reg'lar like.
May as well right ... 'less ye feel an urge to row off somewheres else. Ain't nowhere else left, far as I've seen, tha's why this po' pirate landed here.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, capn'. Keep a weather eye out for spammers!
Lord Flash Fire
Powder Monkey

28 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir W. Raleigh wrote:
fleetp wrote:
Lord Flash Fire wrote:

Welcome aboard, matey!

What fleetp sez, and beggin' pardon 'n all but ... game's been out 30 years more like ... I knows ye meant the update but let's give Cap'n Sid credit for buildin' somethin' can endure so long.

That said, welcome to our little scrap of an island. You'll find it's pretty quiet most times, though there's several still posting reg'lar like.
May as well right ... 'less ye feel an urge to row off somewheres else. Ain't nowhere else left, far as I've seen, tha's why this po' pirate landed here.

Nay, I'm always in need of a good correction or two, and remindin' me that it's been around for longer than me measly self has been playing it is a mighty fine thought for me to chew on. Cap'n Sid's handiwork is the only thing what has me still playing Civ4.
Thank ye all for givin' me a warm welcome. (Actually, 'tis a warmer welcome than I ever got from the Gov's daughter in Nevis, and I bought her a blasted necklace!)
(Also: Is anyone who's left still interested in the Circle of Pirates RP section? I'd be willing to give it a go, but unless a few other people are interested, no point in raisin' a sunken ship without treasure in it)
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, that Nevis lass be a cold one, I'll grant ye that.
Ye might enjoy this wee bit of lore, regardin' Sid and his first crew:

https://kotaku.com/the-father-of-civilization-584568276

Just got Civ4 meself, not long ago ... Caint recall just when that'n first sailed (which is funny cos it's in the article), but 'twas not long after Pirates!.
Lord Flash Fire
Powder Monkey

28 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir W. Raleigh wrote:

Just got Civ4 meself, not long ago ... Caint recall just when that'n first sailed (which is funny cos it's in the article), but 'twas not long after Pirates!.

Aye, me humble self seems to recall it came out in '05, the year after, if I remember the back of the (mythical) manual correctly, for the back page tw'as an advertisement for 't.
Thank ye for providin' meself with some good stuff to read. A good story, some good grog, and some edible food make a pirate's day.
As to that Nevis woman, she 'aint that cold, 'tis actually naught but a running joke we have. (Have half a mind to marry her, if we're bein' dead-to-honest) If she be stiffin ye though, I can probably convince her to play nice. Especially considerin' Valentine's Day is tommorow (or today for all you UTC or whatever time zone this uses, people.)
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog might be interested in a RP when he returns from his cruise.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Flash Fire wrote:

As to that Nevis woman, she 'aint that cold, 'tis actually naught but a running joke we have. (Have half a mind to marry her, if we're bein' dead-to-honest) If she be stiffin ye though, I can probably convince her to play nice. Especially considerin' Valentine's Day is tommorow (or today for all you UTC or whatever time zone this uses, people.)

Hmmm ... not she tha's been stiffin' me, if ye gets me drift ... hope tha' don' put no wrinkles in y'ns weddin plans ner nuttin but ... just thot ye should know.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Flash Fire wrote:
Sir W. Raleigh wrote:

Aye, me humble self seems to recall it came out in '05, the year after, if I remember the back of the (mythical) manual correctly, for the back page tw'as an advertisement for 't.
Thank ye for providin' meself with some good stuff to read. A good story, some good grog, and some edible food make a pirate's day.

Lord Flash Fire, Sir W. Raleigh and others: If you are interested in reviving the Role Playing Board I can certainly do so. Please read the following story and let me know. I can go back into CI RP: Chapter 3 - The Illuminatti and revive the story quite easily. I can sum up the latest developments and hand it over to you. I think we can coax The Annoying Captain to make another appearance to help get things started. I put a lot of time and energy into this and think it is quite good. Here is what you need to read first: Go to the Circle of Pirates board-

Sticky: CI RP: Character Introduction
Sticky: CI RP:: The History of Cutlass isle
Sticky: CI RP: Chapter 1 - Attack on the Governor!
Sticky: CI RP: Chapter 2 - The Governor's Decree
CI RP: Chapter 3 - The Illuminatti

The go back to Powder Monkey First Post: Introduce Yourselves Here!!! and read Pages 66 to 69

You can scan over all of Chapter 1- Attack on the Governor and all but the last page of Chapter 2 - The Governor's Decree to save time. Same thing with most of the Character Introduction thread.

Let me know.....
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Salty, I'll go over that stuff asap.
Sorry for cluttering up the Welcome Lobby.
Surprised
Lord Flash Fire
Powder Monkey

28 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, so 2 things.
1) Salty, I hate to be a grammar navy admiral, but me humble self doth believe that scan means to carefully read over something intensely, when it seems like the word ye was goin' fer was skim. (I'm sorry, that word be one o' me pet peeves.)
2) What should we let ye know of? Once we've read, do we just post in the CI Profile thread?
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, just let know if you are interested and I will write you into the story and leave the next move up to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 71 of 75

Jump to: