Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Survival instinct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thespyguy
Powder Monkey

444 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Survival instinct Reply with quote

I really like how the game utterly refuses to let you genocide a nation unless you really work for it. I took out almost all of Spain's cities to French, but every so often they take a few cities back.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wil not allow you to take out the small settlements. They stay their original nationality unless the computer allows another country to invade them. When you eliminate all the cities of one country, they will start sending Invasion Forces from the small settlements to take them back Since the settlements are dispersed all over the map, you cannot watch them all. You could be near Trinidad and the computer will launch an invasion force near Vera Cruz or St. Augustine.
I have taken over all the cities and gave them to one nation several times. Once that happens, the settlements launch a lot of Invasion forces and quickly start taking the cities back.

When this happens, it re-sets the Daughter of the newly conquered city. It assumes a new Governor is there and a different Daughter. So, you can go through the entire courtship again.

By the way, don't know if you know this but once you conquer a city and convert it to another country, you cannot attack that city again until another country conquers it and converts it to their country.
thespyguy
Powder Monkey

444 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, was that caveat about not able to change nationality in a row part of the patch that makes Monty have a rapier? I remember being too chicken to apply that patch as a child- in running the Mac version which was prepatched
maturin
Swabbie

1736 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thread. In my next game I plan to create some sort of safe area for each nation in which all the cities can flourish because they are close to each other: England will get Cuba, the Bahamas and the Gulf, France Hispaniola, Jamaika and San Juan, the Dutch will receive the Lesser Antilles and Spain South America including Curacao. I'm curious how the game will react...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: