Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Captain of the Guard and other question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thespyguy
Powder Monkey

444 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Captain of the Guard and other question Reply with quote

How many pirates do I need to get a captain of the guard? Obviously if I sack it once I get a fight on the ramparts, but is it possible to amass enough pirates that you can get to see the captain right away? For context, 750 pirates versus 100 spaniards wasn't enough, I had to do a hilariously one sided land fight.

Also is it just me or are you guaranteed to lose pirates taking a city? No matter how well I do, I end up losing at LEAST 30 pirates, even when their one unit didnt get a hit in.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You fight the Captain of the Guards if the city has 60 or fewer troops defending it. It is not based on the size of YOUR army, but the size of THEIR army. If your army is too small to have a chance to beat the enemy, the computer will not allow you to try. If you have a huge army and the enemy has only 80 troops, you will still fight them even if you outnumber them 10 to 1.

Some guys here are so good at land battles, they can attack a city guarded by a large force and win. They are good at detaching a small group of pirates who can sneak around the enemy and get to his front door before being caught. I never developed that skill or the ability to sneak.
thespyguy
Powder Monkey

444 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, makes sense. Any idea why I still lose dudes when I literally don't appear to lose a represented pirate?
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never fought a land battle where I didn't lose at least some of my crew. There have been times when I attacked a city and it has surrendered without a fight. This is when I greatly outnumber the opposing force.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: