Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

It's time for Gun Pierson again!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: It's time for Gun Pierson again!!! Reply with quote

It is that time of year again for Gun Pierson to play Sid Meier's Pirates and come back here to say hello and allow us to see Carmen again! I emailed him and asked him to show up again. Hope he arrives and sees us again!
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arr!
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I play SMP, I ALWAYS name my Pirate GUN PIERSON !!!!!
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
Whenever I play SMP, I ALWAYS name my Pirate GUN PIERSON !!!!!

Too much honor mate, but flattering nonetheless.

I hope I'm any good in your games though haha. Btw, I only marry Carmen in my games, just saying you know. Wink
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gun, one thing I forgot to tell you....

Almost two years ago Roland came up with a method of determining what type of Daughter was in a particular town. You can sail along the coast and once you are close to a city you can click on the map and it will tell you what ship upgrades are available. Based on this knowledge you can determine if the Daughter is Plain, Attractive or a Beauty! I am not kidding! We made up a special chart with this in formation and it is posted here on the boards.

Just when you think we know everything about this game, guys like Roland come up with something new!
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great information, I didn't know that. Thanks buddy and nice find Roland!
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was one of the many interesting things I discovered in collaboration with jlangsdo. Here is the thread where we figured out the connections between city number, daughter appearance, governor appearance, and upgrade:
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6491
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My explanation of the relationship between beauty and upgrades, along with Salty Dog's completed chart can be found on the second page of this thread:
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3086
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
My explanation of the relationship between beauty and upgrades, along with Salty Dog's completed chart can be found on the second page of this thread:
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3086

I made a new thread in the customization and modding topic for the chart and stickied it.
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7502
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is truly a classic and a job well done by Roland!!! Finding Treasure
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly great stuff guys, what can I say? Thanks for the info! Smile
Annoying Captain
Powder Monkey

609 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gun Pierson, do you remember me? I am the Captain of the Guard in Port de Paix. I spend most of my evenings there and have met you several times. I always enjoy seeing you in the Tavern, you light the place up with your wonderful personality and always attract the girls there!

I am hoping you have heard the word on the whereabouts of Governor Marriott. He was kidnapped several years ago and has not been seen since. I have picked up rumors here in Port de Paix that he could be held by a man named Rodriguez near the east coast of Cuba but have not been able to confirm these rumors.
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys keep amazing me, that was very well written Annoying Captain and it brought me right back into the games' atmosphere in a way I didn't expect was possible.

Love your avatar as well, used to paint figurines like that as a hobby when I was younger. I'm a bit crap at roleplaying unfortunately, so forgive me. I will say this though, drinks are on me next time I visit the tavern in Port de Paix. Cheers!
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished a game today. Started it a couple of months ago and finished it up today. My pirate, as always, was Gun Pierson. I played Rogue level, English at 1660. I captured a Pinnace right away and just kept that ship for the whole game. I retired at age 30 and thought I had 126 points but no, I was short one point on the wealth so I finished with 125 points.

I married a Dutch Beauty from Santa Catalina (the Dutch took that island over early on), and I retired in Curacao. I only took over one city and made it French late in the game to get my Duke promotion.

The first couple of years I went after the Spanish like crazy to make money, then I really went after Raymondo to get my relatives. At the end of the game I was chasing treasures, Lost Cities and Mendoza to get married. I fought my duel for the Beauty at age 28 and that is when I took out Monty's hideout as well. Got to fight the duel and beat Monty while you are young!

Anyway, using the Pinnace sped up the game at least 2 years over using a Royal Sloop or similar. I can thank Gun Pierson for teaching me the value of small boats!
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
I finished a game today. Started it a couple of months ago and finished it up today. My pirate, as always, was Gun Pierson. I played Rogue level, English at 1660. I captured a Pinnace right away and just kept that ship for the whole game. I retired at age 30 and thought I had 126 points but no, I was short one point on the wealth so I finished with 125 points.

Which point did you miss?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: