Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Where'd ever'body go?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tavern Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pirate,
(1) Thanks for volunteering to be a moderator. I'll wait a day or two to see if anybody else volunteers.
(2) Typically the majority of members of any web site never post. I moderate at another site and am an admin at an additional one, and have noticed the same thing there.

Very respectfully,
fleetp
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I know all of that but sounds a little crazy to take a few minutes to join a site and never really do anything with it. I mean I can do everything I need to do on this site without logging in except run my mouth so that’s why I needed to join. I guess it’s just me but it sounds weird to me people doing like that.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Aye Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Folks I tried to bring this game back to life I mean I really did but it’s not working. Even all the women we’ve added to the game ain’t doing the trick. I guess when a game is old and dying then there isn’t much that can be done to spark new life in it. I see new people joining here all the time but out of every 100 new joiners you’ll be lucky to get one or two of them to post anything. It’s kinda creepy we have a large silent crowd watching every move we make but you never here from them. Even when I came on board the place was more or less dead but booming compared to now I ain’t running people off am I? I would be delighted to see some new folks come by, create some mods, shoot the shit with us or something but it ain’t happening. I still have a old car so maybe it’s just me. I probably should be in a new Mercedes , playing the newest and hottest game but I keep my old ways. I guess I’ll go down with my ship. That’s my two cents worth.

I'll give a vote for ya for moderator. As for Captain Teague hope he got tired of the game rather than tired of living. I know better than anyone here about that aspect. After the 2nd stroke it really curtailed my gaming and especially modding ability.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the vote Parksbanyon. I’m not sure unless Captain Teague shows back up that we will ever know what happened to him. If anybody knows another place the Captain likes to hang out at then maybe we could see if he abandoned there too. Take care of yourself Parksbanyon and as far as modding goes it’s really pointless to mod for this game now unless it’s for yourself. This place is more dead than I’ve ever seen it and I don’t see that changeing. I’m thinking about going from modding to just shooting the breeze here and finding something else to do in my spare time.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nay, I did not abandon anything. Actually, it was the quiet. I stopped checking in unless notified of a post (via email) but then those stopped too. I finally got an email today, so here I am again. I will do my best to maintain more constant contact in the future. I have a lot to catch up on, it seems.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Captain Teague!!!! Buddies
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
Nay, I did not abandon anything. Actually, it was the quiet. I stopped checking in unless notified of a post (via email) but then those stopped too. I finally got an email today, so here I am again. I will do my best to maintain more constant contact in the future. I have a lot to catch up on, it seems.

Welcome back! Smile
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: welcome back Reply with quote

Captain T glad to see your still kicking. I know I have been lazy as well with checking in. I know we are talking about a game that's 11 years old but still we get newbee's and old players returning every now and then. I was playing Windward for awhile but neglecting some 3d printing I needed to do as well. Wish I was up to coding and rev engineering like Dogcigar and jlangsdo but alas we all have our talents.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Captain Teague . I had my Bikini crew set sail a few weeks ago hunting for you but since your back I've called them back to port. Sorry you missed them.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should come visit my girls upstairs! He has not met Visiting Beauty!
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Welcome back Captain Teague . I had my Bikini crew set sail a few weeks ago hunting for you but since your back I've called them back to port. Sorry you missed them.

Who says I missed them? I am back, am I not? Wink
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably will be rarely active these days or completely inactive. This forum is based on a fairly niche interest.

I've mostly been on Reddit, but I've been trying to find a new home for myself.
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, this forum hasn't been the same since Sparticus (user) left. This is only my personal experience.

Edit:--

What I mean that the website hasn't been the same is that: There is more focus on topics like modding now instead of bantering with Sparticus. There is nothing wrong with this change -- I'm personally distracted by other things.

Last edited by ExtraCrispy on Mon May 27, 2019 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry ya don't like the rest of us. I ain't purty by any means but I can crack jokes. Don't know what happened to Spart. One day he here then nobodys seen hide or hair of him since. Maybe the aboriginals lifted his hair or something.
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you guys are nice. I like all of you.

It's just my personal experience. I've just personally lost interest around the time he left.

What I mean that the website hasn't been the same is that: There is more focus on topics like modding now instead of bantering with Sparticus. There is nothing wrong with this change -- I'm personally distracted by other things.

I didn't mean to sound harsh. Shocked I apologize.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 29 of 34

Jump to: