Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

When was the last time you played Sid Meier's Pirates?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

When was the last time you played SMP?
Have a game going now
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
About a month ago
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
3 to 6 months ago
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Author Message
Murrlan
Powder Monkey
Posts: 10



25 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started playing again last night. I couldn't find my cds so I bought it for a few bucks on Steam. Started it up and proceeded to get my butt handed to me because I forgot how to do everything! Got sent to jail and shortly after got my ship sunk. Took me a bit to get my sea legs back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaleMorris
Powder Monkey
Posts: 1


10 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
Pratte-
Welcome aboard! Go to the "Powder Monkey's Introduce Yourself" thread and tell us who you are!

Go to the "Guide" section at the top of your screen, click on it and select the "How To" guide written by Shashan. phenq reviews https://theskinnyvibes.com/phenq-reviews-and-results/ It is the "Bible" of teaching people how to play Pirates. After that, feel free to ask any questions you may have. I think it is fair to say we know just about everything about this game and are very eager to help!

Good to see a new guy! Keep on posting!
\
Sailor

I'm also new here referred by an old friend. This is a nice game. Thanks for mentioning that a "Bible" of learrning how to play Pirates is available. Going to read it first!


Last edited by DaleMorris on Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fleetp
Rigger
Posts: 1200



8873 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaleMorris wrote:

I'm also new here referred by an old friend. This is a nice game. Thanks for mentioning that a "Bible" of learrning how to play Pirates is available. Going to read it first!


Welcome to Hooked on Pirates! I wish you smooth sailing and lots of booty!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MatthewLewis
Powder Monkey
Posts: 1


8 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murrlan wrote:
Just started playing again last night. I couldn't find my cds so I bought it for a few bucks on Steam. Started it up and proceeded to get my butt handed to me because always wanted phenq I forgot how to do everything! Got sent to jail and shortly after got my ship sunk. Took me a bit to get my sea legs back.


Haha! This is a nice game, although I'm new to it. One of my friends recommended it and I too bought it through Steam.


Last edited by MatthewLewis on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fleetp
Rigger
Posts: 1200



8873 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MatthewLewis wrote:


Haha! This is a nice game, although I'm new to it. One of my friends recommended it and I too bought it through Steam.


Welcome to Hooked on Pirates!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
parksbanyon
Gunner
Posts: 513



12262 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Welome ! Reply with quote

welcome aboard Smile Cap'ain on the bridge Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davyjones
Cutthroat
Posts: 313


5224 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't launched a game now in a few years... Wish I had time for 3-4 hours of uninterrupted video bliss.

But, I wouldn't trade RL commitments for that time. Maybe if a new version comes along, I will work it into the schedule.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PaulBeck
Powder Monkey
Posts: 1


8 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davyjones wrote:
Haven't launched a game now in a few years... Wish I had time for 3-4 hours of uninterrupted video bliss.

But, I wouldn't trade RL commitments for that time. Maybe if a new version comes along, I will work it into the schedule.


I would also prefer a new version, but I still love this game and play it occassionally. BTW, new to this forum. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fleetp
Rigger
Posts: 1200



8873 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulBeck wrote:
davyjones wrote:
Haven't launched a game now in a few years... Wish I had time for 3-4 hours of uninterrupted video bliss.

But, I wouldn't trade RL commitments for that time. Maybe if a new version comes along, I will work it into the schedule.


I would also prefer a new version, but I still love this game and play it occassionally. BTW, new to this forum. Smile


Welcome to Hooked on Pirates.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Salty Dog
Helmsman
Posts: 5956



103214 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Paul! Join in the conversation. If you have ANY question about this game, go ahead and ask. Odds are overwhelming we can answer it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group