Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

When was the last time you played Sid Meier's Pirates?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

When was the last time you played SMP?
Have a game going now
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
About a month ago
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
3 to 6 months ago
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
More than six months
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 19

Murrlan
Powder Monkey

28 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started playing again last night. I couldn't find my cds so I bought it for a few bucks on Steam. Started it up and proceeded to get my butt handed to me because I forgot how to do everything! Got sent to jail and shortly after got my ship sunk. Took me a bit to get my sea legs back.
DaleMorris
Powder Monkey

10 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
Pratte-
Welcome aboard! Go to the "Powder Monkey's Introduce Yourself" thread and tell us about testogen review https://ncaids.org/testogen-review/ here and who you are!

Go to the "Guide" section at the top of your screen, click on it and select the "How To" guide written by Shashan. It is the "Bible" of teaching people how to play Pirates. After that, feel free to ask any questions you may have. I think it is fair to say we know just about everything about this game and are very eager to help!

Good to see a new guy! Keep on posting!
\
Sailor

I'm also new here referred by an old friend. This is a nice game. Thanks for mentioning that a "Bible" of learrning how to play Pirates is available. Going to read it first!

Last edited by DaleMorris on Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaleMorris wrote:

I'm also new here referred by an old friend. This is a nice game. Thanks for mentioning that a "Bible" of learrning how to play Pirates is available. Going to read it first!

Welcome to Hooked on Pirates! I wish you smooth sailing and lots of booty!
MatthewLewis
Powder Monkey

8 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murrlan wrote:
Just started playing again last night. I couldn't find my cds so best phentermine otc 2021 it for a few bucks on Steam. Started it up and proceeded to get my butt handed to me because I forgot how to do everything! Got sent to jail and shortly after got my ship sunk. Took me a bit to get my sea legs back.

Haha! This is a nice game, although I'm new to it. One of my friends recommended it and I too bought it through Steam.

Last edited by MatthewLewis on Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:32 am; edited 3 times in total
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MatthewLewis wrote:

Haha! This is a nice game, although I'm new to it. One of my friends recommended it and I too bought it through Steam.

Welcome to Hooked on Pirates!
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Welome ! Reply with quote

welcome aboard Smile Cap'ain on the bridge Wink
davyjones
Cutthroat

5230 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't launched a game now in a few years... Wish I had time for 3-4 hours of uninterrupted video bliss.

But, I wouldn't trade RL commitments for that time. Maybe if a new version comes along, I will work it into the schedule.
PaulBeck
Powder Monkey

8 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davyjones wrote:
Haven't launched a game now in a few years... Wish I had to time for 3-4 hours of uninterrupted video bliss.

But, I would trust these results posted trade RL commitments for that time. Maybe if a new version comes along, I will work it into the schedule.

I would also prefer a new version, but I still love this game and play it occassionally. BTW, new to this forum. Smile

Last edited by PaulBeck on Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:27 am; edited 4 times in total
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulBeck wrote:
davyjones wrote:
Haven't launched a game now in a few years... Wish I had time for 3-4 hours of uninterrupted video bliss.

But, I wouldn't trade RL commitments for that time. Maybe if a new version comes along, I will work it into the schedule.

I would also prefer a new version, but I still love this game and play it occassionally. BTW, new to this forum. Smile

Welcome to Hooked on Pirates.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Paul! Join in the conversation. If you have ANY question about this game, go ahead and ask. Odds are overwhelming we can answer it.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a new game last night. It's been too long! Once again, my Pirate is Gun Pierson. I chose Rogue, English and 1660. Instead of starting at Barbados I started at Port Royal. Things are going well. I have lots of money and two relatives so far. Plus four Pirate Treasures. I am leaving the named pirates alone until year #8 when I get them and go after Monty's hideout. I captured a Spanish Pinnace right away and and have been using it as my ship. Life is good! I hope to retire well before I turn 30 years old.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty,
I noticed you started the game at 'Rogue". What skill did you choose?
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use Navigation to speed the game up. I am all about speed. I would rather start another game than play slowly.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished my game tonight. I retired at age 30 in Fair Health. Rescured all 4 relatives, got Monty at his hideout, knocked off all 9 pirates and got all 9 treasures. Married the Beauty from Havana. Found two Lost Cites and got 2 more map pieces. I could have continued but wanted to retire at age 30. I could have found 1 more city at age 30 but decided to call it quits. I finished as Duke with England, Dutch and France but as a Count with the Spanish. This is a normal game for me, I try to retire at age 30 or earlier. I used a Pinnace I captured from a French Smuggler very early in the game.
[+]
Powder Monkey

313 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After getting hit by a pang of nostalgia, I just repurchased the game and played the mandatory initial Apprentice level, earning 120 points (5% of the spoils doesn’t go very far!). Starting a swashbuckler level now and will write back.

I know there probably haven’t been any official challenges on the forum in a while, but I’d be up for one if anyone is so inclined!
PK
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: