Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Still Pirates! after all these years!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maturin
Swabbie

1736 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Still Pirates! after all these years! Reply with quote

Ahoy all buccaneers out there! It's wonderful to come back here after quite a while and still find some life here!

I will spent the rest of the year at my parents' place in a lovely half-timbered old village - the perfect setting for a Pirates! game! Looking very much forward to playing!

I wonder what the game still means to you guys after all these years... how often do you play SMP? What is your motivation after having achieved everything you can do in the game? Me personally, I still like the atmosphere in the game very much and I love to dive into such an interesting and exciting period of history. And I love that SMP lets me imagine my own story of the game... modern games like Assassin's Creed Black Flag provide a whole story which is nice but I like some freedom for the imagination;)
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back. I still play for relaxation. Now and then I'll play using a mod to change things a bit. I still sometimes make mods for the game (most recently replacing the 'generic' female ballroom dancers with beautiful daughters.
I keep coming back HERE to Cutlass Isle because of the friendliness of the members.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Still Pirates! after all these years! Reply with quote

maturin wrote:
Ahoy all buccaneers out there! It's wonderful to come back here after quite a while and still find some life here!

I will spent the rest of the year at my parents' place in a lovely half-timbered old village - the perfect setting for a Pirates! game! Looking very much forward to playing!

I wonder what the game still means to you guys after all these years... how often do you play SMP? What is your motivation after having achieved everything you can do in the game? Me personally, I still like the atmosphere in the game very much and I love to dive into such an interesting and exciting period of history. And I love that SMP lets me imagine my own story of the game... modern games like Assassin's Creed Black Flag provide a whole story which is nice but I like some freedom for the imagination;)

Hello! I've come across your posts before, but I think this is the first time I've seen you. Well I haven't played for a year and a half or so. But it's like that for me, too. We have invented some challenges- new ways to play. I would advise against the Fluyt challenge, it's not really fun.
maturin
Swabbie

1736 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven´t visited Cutlass for quite a while but it´t always a pleasure to see the activity here!
I played SMP recently and was so happy to still feel the magic of saling vessels, the 17th century and the Carribbean. This motivated me to push this thread again: How often do you play SMP? And does it has it still have some of the fascination of the first years for you?
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play two or three games and then stop for six months and then play again.
I try something a little different each game.

I still enjoy Cutlass Isle as much as ever! Arr!
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play a new game about every six months, sometimes more often (two games so far this year).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: