Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Nifskope Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uncreativename
Powder Monkey

90 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject: Nifskope Issues Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm new to modding and am having trouble. I've re-positioned several bones like Bip01 Spine for example by altering the 'translation' section on one of the daughter nifs and it shows with the nifskope 'do skinning' option but the changes don't show up in game. Rather it defaults to the original bone placement. What am I doing wrong?
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a long time since I messed with NIFskope.
You might not be doing anything wrong. Try clearing your computer's cache BEFORE checking the modified NIF in the game.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject: comment Reply with quote

Fleetp if I remember correctly any mods to the bones won't hold because the KF files will redirect everything to its programmed positions. Weighting works because its "baked" into the skin mod.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: comment Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
Fleetp if I remember correctly any mods to the bones won't hold because the KF files will redirect everything to its programmed positions. Weighting works because its "baked" into the skin mod.

That sounds right wrt translations, but I seem to recall being able to change offsets etc. Could be wrong, ofc, it's been awhile since I've worked with it.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've long known the Kf files have a big impact on a nif. I expect the bones in most instances are fine if the nif looks good outside the game but scary inside. The kf files will grab the daughters lower jaw and pull it out until she is a monster if you use her for a barmaid but we know the bones were just fine back in the ballroom. Modding the kf files would be a big step in adding nifs in the game. That's just my two cents worth but again I'm a idiot so take it with a grain of salt.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Modding the kf files would be a big step in adding nifs in the game. .

To put it very mildly.

A word of wisdom from one who's tried this; don't do it if you wish to retain your sanity, least of all any semblance of free time.
The sheer number of .kf's needing to be alterered for such a project is staggering.

Just my $.02, which next to some others here is more alike to a ha'penny.

(FWIW the world could use more idjits like Pirate Smile )
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject: kill the cat Reply with quote

just out of curiosity....did any of the KF reanimations work?
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt if anybody ever tried the mod I made for replacing the plain and attractive daughters with the beautiful nif. One thing is the kf's of the plain and attractive daughters don't work so good on that nif. My work around was renaming the beautiful kfm's which basically are the list of kf's the nif uses. It's like I renamed the beautiful nif to plain nif and renamed the beautiful kfm's to plain as well. For the most part that worked great. I do remember one flaw like when the player and her first meet on the ballroom floor she tugs her skirt in a bowing jester but that scene she doesn't show up. I will dig into it more later as my current mod moves along.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: counterview Reply with quote

pirate renaming KF and KFM's to match the nif your using is BRILLIANT. Should have thought of that long ago. Should work in most instances.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does work. I’ve a few years of experience messing around with it. I have replaced the criminals with pirates and the Dutch military captains with pirates and the captain of the guards with pirates and in most cases renaming these was necessary or they just didn’t look right. If a person wanted to use the lady Pirate mod say as a criminal or something then i’m Thinking you would need to use the player characters Kfm,km because she doesn’t look good useing other nifs kfm, km’s.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject: beauty in the eye Reply with quote

well beauty is more than skin deep..... becoming a pirate just darkened her spirit.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugly can be more than skin deep too. Sometimes that girl you thought would do turns out to be short fat and sassy when the spirits are gone from your system.
corsair91
Sailing Master

206141 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recent post by Svip
Aug 05, 2023

Modifying KF files (animation) now works
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9263
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: