Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

POWDER MONKEY FIRST POST: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE ! ! !
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
Murrian, welcome aboard! Time to buy a good sword and put it in the left hand of your avatar!

I see our newcomer wasted no time in taking your advice, Salty. He is now armed with a quality cutlass! The captain of the guard had better watch his step!

Welcome aboard, Murrian.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
By the way, how do you like my new look? It was time for wardrobe and appearance changes to keep life interested.

I see that you went for the native village background with straw huts. That might be a lot more comfortable than the upper floor of my Cape Cod-style house come August!

I have not been participating in the forum much lately because I am still having access problems from my work computer. The VPN works fine, but I only have it on one of my three computers, and it's the one I've been using least of late. (I can't install software on my work computer - it's locked down so tight that I can't even install a new font! And I turned off the wifi on my old XP machine a couple of years ago - it's now reserved only for gaming and image file storage.)
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had betternet on a ipad so a vpn if needed on a mobile device might allow you more easy access to here. Something like a phone you always carry instead of a desktop pc.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, I don't have a smartphone. Just last year, I finally traded in my 13-year-old flip phone for a new feature phone with a slide-out keyboard so that I could join the texting revolution.

Since I spend 8-12 hours a day in front of a computer screen at work, I don't feel compelled to stay connected when I leave the office.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried using 9.9.9.9 on a home computer? Should fix your problem there.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Betternet is working fine on my home computer. The problem is my work computer - the one I use most often.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get you a cheap tablet, something you can play games on and surf the web at work but if you get caught don't blame me. I'm just a idiot.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Get you a cheap tablet, something you can play games on and surf the web at work but if you get caught don't blame me. I'm just a idiot.

When you are at sea and sober, you are a terrific sailor and excellent pirate! It's only when you get a bag of gold coins and are turned loose in a Pirate Haven, then you hang out at places like the Salty Dog Tavern and drink A LOT and run upstairs with the Girls A LOT. Can't say as I blame you!
Sven Helgrim
Powder Monkey

227 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and I am a huge fan of Sid Meier's Pirates. I love history, especially history of the 17th century and the history of piracy. I play other pirate related computer games and table top games.

It is a pleasure to be a part of this forum. Thanks for having me aboard.
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven Helgrim wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and I am a huge fan of Sid Meier's Pirates. I love history, especially history of the 17th century and the history of piracy. I play other pirate related computer games and table top games.

It is a pleasure to be a part of this forum. Thanks for having me aboard.

Sven,
Welcome to Hooked on Pirates. What other pirate related computer games do you play?

Very respectfully,
fleetp
Sven Helgrim
Powder Monkey

227 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleetp,

Lately it has been Man-o-War Corsair, but I have spent many hours playing City Of Abandoned Ships and it's mod, Gentlemen of Fortune. I played Blood And Gold: Caribbean for a while, but the controls were wonky.

I occasionally play World Of Pirates, I like the exploration aspect, but the graphics are not great. It reminds me of the original Pirates, which was an amazing game.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Sven! Check this place out, it has been here since the end of July 2003. Ask any questions you can think of! Glad to see you!
wishboneDawn
Powder Monkey

23 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I used to play the original Pirates! on a 386, and I just got back to it with SMP. I came here looking for info on how to mod my pc (I want to play as a female) and was thrilled to find there's still an active community!
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wishboneDawn wrote:
Hello!

I used to play the original Pirates! on a 386, and I just got back to it with SMP. I came here looking for info on how to mod my pc (I want to play as a female) and was thrilled to find there's still an active community!

Welcome to Hooked on Pirates!! The seavixen mod (female playable character) is available on Google Drive at this link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Gq1x-tmU4_Ux1GA3JS8AwuQ1MtxVu_Y?usp=sharing
wishboneDawn
Powder Monkey

23 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
wishboneDawn wrote:
Hello!

Welcome to Hooked on Pirates!! The seavixen mod (female playable character) is available on Google Drive at this link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Gq1x-tmU4_Ux1GA3JS8AwuQ1MtxVu_Y?usp=sharing

I already downloaded it. Smile

I'm also looking to make the male model look a little more like a woman because I just like narrow hips and wide shoulders in women. We'll see how far I get with that though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 73 of 75

Jump to: