Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

CI RP: Chapter 1 - Attack on the Governor!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butcher
Swabbie

335 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: CI RP: Chapter 1 - Attack on the Governor! Reply with quote

Alarm! There's been an attack on the Governor's mansion!

One second, I'll tell ya all I know, just give me a second to catch me breath here.

*sits down on a small rock in the town square and sighs deeply*

Okay, okay! Keep yer gob shut or else I can't tell ya. Okay, so I'm on my daily walk wich took me past Guv's place today when I saw six strangers go up da hill to da mansion. I swear ya I knew they were up to no good, so I got curious and stayed close to a tree to see what they were gona do. When they reached da house, I heard one of 'm yell "Your end is nigh Governor!" and then they stormed inside. I could hear loud sounds of a battle goin' on inside. I swear to you it sounded like even the cook was fighting off the attackers with a pan or somethin'.

Just when I wanted to run back to town ta get help, I saw three other strangers run towards da house. Just when they reached the mansion, the household staff and the Guv's daughters came running out all hysterical and such. Da strangers roughly pushed them out of the way and entered the building. I haven't a clue what went on in there but only one of the stangers came out, dragging a heavily bloodied Guv under one arm and an equally bloodied cutlass under the other. When he noticed me, he shouted to go fer help. So, here I am. I dun even know if the Guv is still alive or what! So someone go help, I told yer all I know. Go now! I'll come as soon as I'm able to walk again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people in the square seemed dumbstruck. What was going on, Butcher couldn't possibly be right, could he? Then, as if someone splashed a bucket of water in their faces, angry shouts errupted from their collective mouths!

I was one of those who received the bucketload and shouted for Jacob, my ship surgeon, to fetch his instruments and come to the mansion. Then I joined the others running towards the path that lead up to Marriott's place. Never before had I realised how many of us already inhabited Cutlass Isle. Never before had we gathered as a group but now, everyone was running in the same direction.

I heard angry shouts and even battle cries errupting from the crowd. The sounds of unsheathing metal was omnipresent for a while and several pirates tried to load their pistols while they were running. Agressive violance exuded from the group that now looked more like a invading army than pirates checking out what happened to one of their mates. If I would have thought this group of tough buccanneers was storming me, I'd have shitted myself for sure.

I had heard Butcher tell his story in detail, but couldn't quite picture it. Anger and excitement made me run faster. What would I find once I reached the mansion?
Arrrr
Seaman

1347 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running up the hill towards Governor Mariott's Mansion, I drew the Quality Cutlass I had only recently purchased out of the belt loop it currently resided in and waved it with a ferocious yell above my head. My monkey already 20 metres in front of me, I could spot a lone figure standing at the gate to the governor's mansion. I came closer, and it got to the point where I could distinguish the features clearly. It was no-one I knew, or could remember seeing before. Confident with the weight of the mass of maddened buccaneers behind me, I loudly challenged the man at the gate:

"Be thee friend or foe?"

The man stood more upright, shoulders back and chest puffed, showing the muscles gained from a lifetime of climbing rigging. His lips moved, forming the words...
Mahli Carlisle
Powder Monkey

100 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Friend!" The man answered with a strong bariton of a voice.

"My name is Mahli Carlise and I just saved your Governor's life. I'm skilled with pistol and cutlass but I'm not much of a healer. Can someone please attend to him while I explain some of what has happened here?"
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My conversation with the strange bandannaed man was interrupted for a moment, as crys of panic swept over the town. I calmly walked towards the square, and overheard the rumours, that the governers mansoion had been attacked. I smirked, and sat downon the rock. This was in interesting development... I would have to hunt down the purpertrators of such a vile crime... and ask them to join my crew. The daring that these men had was exactly what I wanted in my Crew. I overheard from an indervidual that the Governor was still alive. It seemed dangerous in the square, the panic from the attack was causing the civillians and the Pirates to go mad. I slowly walked up A hill overlooking the harbour, and stood there, watchinbg over the sea. A strange vessel was entering the harbour, a War Galleon to be precice. I looked up the flag pole and saw it not to be a Pirate vessel, but a ship of the....

[what ship? you decide]

Status of Ships;
Sloop Syzer sunk, all hands presumed dead
Frigate Sezcka, 28 guns, 260 men
Sloop of War Aozora, 12 guns, 120 men
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Jacob, check on the Guv!"

As I watched Jacob rush towards where the governor was lying in the grass at the entrance of his mansion, I sized up this Mahli Carlisle in front of us. A weird hush had come over the crowd and I guess everyone was doing the same thing, checking out the newcomer.

He had a weird expression in his eyes, as if he couldn't decide wether to run or flee. This man tried very hard to look heroic after he just saved the governor, but something told me he wasn't normally this brave. In fact, that must be it. The man looked pale as the beaches of the island, he looked as if he was about to faint.

From behind Mahli, Jacob shouted that the Guv would live, though that he was badly wounded and that he'd need some help carrying him to the bed. Mahli looked behind him at the governor, then turned back towards us and said "We need two volunteers to guard the mansion. Who knows what other dangers are lurking around the place."

Just when I was ready to start asking Mahli some questions, a shout erupted from behind us. "There's a huge ship sailing into the bay!" I turned around and there was indeed a large ship, quite possibly a War Galleon, sailing into the harbour. The weird thing was that it didn't fly any colours. It was sailing a plain dark-green flag.

There was more excitement in this one day than we'd seen in months! I was about to run back to the docks when it hit me. Mahli was wearing a suit in the same dark-green colour as the flag on that War Galleon and a ominous feeling came over me...

Last edited by Falconer on Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Arrrr
Seaman

1347 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had already pushed past Mahli onto the grounds when I heard the warning about the War Galleon. I quiclly turned, but I could only see the front half of the ship, as a large palm grove partially blocked my view. No flag was visible, but the figurehead, a serpent's head painted a dark, bottle-green colour, looked reasonably sinister, seeing as it was more likely than not a pirate ship.

I carried the governor inside with the help of Jacob, somebody else's "hired" hand, or I assumed that was what he was, considering his submissive demeanour and apparent familiarity with taking orders from people he didn't necessarily know. Not that I had a problem with working with a slave, I simply couldn't afford my own. The unarmoured bodies scattered around the place gave me an indication of what had happened inside, and I wondered where the attackers had vanished to, seeing as the somewhat mysterious Mahli and the gov himself were the only living people I had seen so far, apart from Cutlass Isle citizens come up from town.

Now that I thought about it, the pirate who we all only knew as 'Butcher', who had informed us of the attack in the first place, claimed to have noticed the attack in the first place, while in his morning walk. I'd met alot of pirates lately, and not one took a morning walk, and Butcher I'd seen only last night in the tavern drinking till the wee hours of the morning. There was something about this whole scenario that was extremely suspicious, although that could just be my untrusting merchant-turned-pirates' mind. I left Jacob tending to Guv. Marriot, and walked to the front door. I stepped outside, and what I saw simply amazed me. The conversation between Jacob's master and Mahli had taken an unexpected turn...
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dark green flag?!?! I drew my cutlass immediatly, someone was stealing my colour! Darn them! running down to the dock, I gathered up a few men, and ran to the shipwright, asking if my ship was ready or not,
'Nay, it aint ready, and your not going up against the Green Serpants, are you?'
"They stole my colour! I shall make them feel the pain of the mighty Green Dragons!'
'Green Dragons? Never heard of them... but there is a row boat over there, use that"
There were eight men behind me, that would be enough, I thought to sail my vessel at the galleon, but with no men, and no cannons, I could not take the direct route, I would be eliminated. I thought for a second, and looked around. There were a number of pinances and smaller vessels swarming around the larger ship. I took off my bandanna, and placed it on a flagpole at the rear of the rowboat. That would at east confuse them for the time being.
My men slowly rowed up to the galleon, and fortunatly, we were not noticed. Putting my bandanna back on, I climbed the riggings while the other men rowed back to shore. Climbing on to the deck, I hid behind some barrels and waited. I overheard some of the conversation,
'That governors really goning to get it for stealing our treasure...'
'The Admiral of the Serpant fleet will be pleased about this,'
'What was the name of our contact on shore?'
'cant remember... I think it was... hey, who's that!'

I had been noticed. However, I knew that I could not take on all of these people at once, so I attempted to bluff my way out of it, 'I'm a cook from down stairs, I just came up to get some air...'
The men stared at me for a while, and then told me to go back down and prepare the admirals lunch.

I slowly walked to the staff cabins, as I drew out my cutlass, and approched a room that looked like it was somewhat important. Bursting in, I saw him, the Admiral of the Serpant Fleet, well, it had to be him, so well dressed.
'I will teach you for stealing my colour!' I yelled at the top of my voice
'so, you must be di Rossi... I did not expect to see you here' the admiral said, surprising me completely, 'you must be quite the skilled theif for getting this far.'
"how... how do you know me?' I replied, droping my sword in shock as two pirates burst into the room behind me. The admiral waved his hand., dismissing the pirates, 'How do I know you? How could I not know the cabin boy from those days in the East Indies...'
'Captian Horge? But... but did you not die when those Pirates attacked your vessel?'
'No, I jumped overboard... however, I heard of your heroic escape, and the fact that you had come to these oceans. SO why did you want to kill me? What reason was it?"
"My... my colour, you stole my colour!'
'Perhaps its the other way around, perhaps you stole my colour...'
'I did not even know that this was your colour, so how could I steal it?'
'Same here... but I have heard somthing that may intrest you, however, it will not be free,' The admiral said, drawing his sword from his sheath, 'you will have to defeat me!'
Picking up my cutlass, I lunged at him, a lunge which he skillfully countered, throwing me off balance for a short second, but instead of going for the kill, he held back, and taunted me. I gave anothe lunge, which he parried, followed by a lunge of his own, which I jumped, landing on a table. From there, I kicked a bottle of mead in his face, and jumped, striking my cutlass down, which the Admiral, for all of his credit, managed to block, however, the force of the attack forced the sword from the admiral's hand, I swong my sword once more, stopping just inches from his neck.
"Well done, young di Rossi, you are worthy of the colour Green. I will tell you what I know, A certian evil Spaniard, the Count da Silva knows the whereabouts of your long lost sister. He was last seen in the city of San Juan.'
He swiped my cutlass away from his neck with the back of his hands, and stood up, 'We will meet again, the Pirate di Rossi, and when we do, you will tell me what your first name is! I can see your Green Dragons will go far... but you will have to change the name, its too similar to our organization' the Admiral said, as two men grabbed me by the arms, took me onto the deck, and threw me overboard...

As I swam to the shoreline, I thought of the time sailing between Nagasaki and Batavia I spent with Captian Horge... so I cant have the green dragon? Then I will have the Ryokuryuukai, which is basicly the same, except in Japanese... my Ryokuryuukai would gain revenge on that decetful admiral for stealing our name...

Status of Ships;
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking around me as I rushed back to the docks, I realised how silly all of this must have looked to the people who were still in town. First half the town rushes *up* the hill, and now everybody is coming down, still with their pistols an cutlassess firmly gripped in their hands.

As we neared the town, the ship seemed to be growing larger. I was wondering if it could have had enough time to anchor for a while, as it had appeared to me the ship had been lying still while we were still looking at it from the mansion. By now it was turning though and from the grunts around me, it was obvious that the other buccaneers that were in this mad dash were as unhappy about that as I was.

As we crested the last hill before entering town, someone noticed a small rowing boat floating aimlessly near the ship. Another person recognized it as [b]his[/] boat and cursed angrily. He hadn't given anyone permission to use it. This caused a sudden burst of energy in our running. Pirates don't steal from each other when they're on the island, it was an unspoken rule and the thought of such an act gave us such a shot of adrenaline that we felt we could fly.
Mahli Carlisle
Powder Monkey

100 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Get that ship, don't let it leave the harbour!"

Mahli came running down from the mansion after checking up on the Governor. He would be fine. Most of the blood on his clothes was from others. He'd have to do without an index finger though.

I couldn't let that ship leave the harbour though. The rowdy group running down the hill were a dead giveaway that the plan had failed and even a War Galleon will not take over a town when its crew numbers were too low to hold it. The ship was chosen more for show than for being up to the task.

"They're all part of the group that attacked the Governor. If they get away, they will reveal our location or bring reinforcements!"
Arrrr
Seaman

1347 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The conversation between Jacob's master and Mahli had taken an interesting turn, as I saw the wealthy stranger leaving, running DOWN the hill with a group of others, towards the docks. Apparently, the War Galleon was not friendly. The door only slightly ajar, I watched as a now alone Mahli examined the grounds around him. The reflection of his face on a burnished silver gate-post showed him giving a small frown, although what he was frowning at, I had no idea. The War Galleon was no-where in sight. Mahli turned towards the house, and as he came towards the house, I decided I would duck behind a pot-plant, and discover what I could about this man, who no-one had ever seen before, but appeared miraculously at the same time as some invaders, who no-one had seen yet to save the life of the newly-instated Governor.

I waited in the one spot for a few minutes, when Mahli came back. He walked out the door without noticing me, so I rushed to the upstairs bedroom where the governor was to check he hadn't killed the inadequately defended Governor. He was fine, so I left Jacob alone with the sleeping, or probably passed out Governor, and headed down the hill, catching up with Mahli quickly. He had an extremely stange walk, something somewhere in between a seaman's rolling walk, the slow pacing of an aristocrat and the swaying walk of an expensive prostitue.
"Friend Mahli," I asked "I believe you owe us a few explanations. Who are you, and more importantly, what are you doing here?"
Mahli Carlisle
Powder Monkey

100 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahli looked at this intrusion with a hint of contempt in his eye. Who was person to question his motives for being here? Controlling his voice with great care, he answered:

"All in good time friend... errr, I didn't catch your name?"

"You are right, I do owe the fine occupants of this island an explanation. For now, suffice it to say that I learned of this treachery against your governor and arrived just in the nick of time to prevent his death. There are things at stake here that I cannot even begin to explain, and even if I could, now is not the time. All that matters now is that that ship that's now leaving the bay is sunk or boarded and taken back to the island. Then, and only then can I explain my presence here."

Mahli looked at the bay where sailors in countless rowboats were speeding towards their respective ships. Some of the smaller sloops and pinnaces, more agile and easier to get under sail than their larger brothers, were already starting their pursuit. Soon they would take over the slower War Galleon and hopefully sink it, taking all evidence along with it to the bottom of the sea.

Suddenly he realised he had been woolgathering while the man next to him was watching him and said:

"So.... if you can excuse me, I have things to attend to."

Without another word, he walked off towards the docks and beach where the last of the sailors where entering their boats.
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the captains among the group that was now standing at the docks, started running towards the boats that would take them back to their ships. As they and their crew rushed past me, i was wondering why so many responded to an order from someone who they had never seen before. Carlisle noticed my reluctance with a measuring stare that I paid in kind.

"We really can't afford them to get away you know" Carlise said. "You have one of the fastest ships in the bay that has enough power to take that War Galleon on. He's understaffed, which should tip the scales in your favour. Some of the Sloops and Barque's could overtake them before noon and keep it busy. You wouldn't be far behind. In fact, your timely arrival could be the decisive factor."

That's when I started to dislike the man. For someone so recent to the island, he knew too much. How could he know that the Osprey was mine? His presence on Cutlass Isle was planned and I desperately wanted to find out what was behind it.

Still, I couldn't deny that he was right. Most of my men were already on the ship, preparing for the trip I had been planning for the last three weeks or so. The few that had shore leave were already sitting at the oars of our rowboat that had been fastened to someone elses docked Barque just moments before. They were waiting for me to join them. I made short work of their "we've done a good thing anticipating your need to get to the ship" smiles by saying "stop smiling you rum-brains, why did you follow orders from that scum that you never saw before!?" Smiles vanishing off their faces, they started rowing. I had never witnessed such a flurry of activity in the Cutlass Isle bay. Rowboats with sweating sailors and shouting captains were scattered all over the bay.

I broke out of my reverie when I saw a unsuspecting Barque appearing from behind the rock mountain that was part of the bay entrance. The War Galleon, thinking the Barque was trying to intercept it, fired its starboard cannons at close range with a deafening thunder that echoed through the bay. The Barque, already damaged from a recent battle, didn't stand a chance against the might of 35 cannons firing at it at once. What was left of its crew chose the shark infested waters over the ship that was now drifting, ablaze.

(What'll happen next? Will the Barque sink in the bay entrance, closing it off, keeping us from pursuing the Galleon? Will the Galleon be stuck on the wrong side of it too? Something else? You decide!)
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Chuko's in the role of Admiral Horge of that Green Galleon now...]

'Darn it!' Horge said, 'that darn barque is going to block our exit!'
'If we hurry, we can make it, sir!' replied a crew member
'Full sails! I don't want to be caught here. We may have a bigger ship, but they will swarm us like flys if we get caught in the bay! And if we do get caught, Marroit would have me executed! Darn, this has just been one big fiasco after another, the Duke is going to give me a mouth full when I get back...'

The galleon ripped through the wreckage of the Barque before the harbour entrance became unpassable. A number of smaller vessels, including a sloop [I wonder who's sloop that was?] had already made it out of the harbour, but none of them posed a threat to the Pirate Galleon. Sailing west to thier secret pirate base, he cursed the underpreparedness of his fleet. He should have taken the whole fleet, not just the flag ship... Now, it would be impossible to get that map off the governor... Horge sighed as his ship sailed home, empty handed

Status of Ships;
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've finished Chapter 1 my friends. On to Chapter 2. Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: