Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Cutlass Isle Tutorial: Beginners' FAQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Cutlass Isle Tutorial: Beginners' FAQ Reply with quote

Remember what it was to first start playing Pirates!? Remember the confusion? The fear? Many of us have become experts since those days, but there are others out there, who are only starting out their careers in the Spanish Main. Rather than knock these beginners on the head and take their gold, the famous pirate Airsaw figured out a better plan: Why not help those beginners along, give them the means to gather up some loot and only then go and whack them over the head to take their gold?

Now, I direct all beginners, and humble experts willing to learn more, to take everything that they can from Airsaw's Beginners' FAQ.
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)

Last edited by Wolfwood on Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the behalf of all beginners: Thank you Smile
It's things like this that make this site such a great pirate's haven Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Cutlass Isle Tutorial: Beginners' FAQ Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
Remember what it was to first start playing Pirates!? Remember the confusion? The fear? Many of us have become experts since those days, but there are others out there, who are only starting out their careers in the Spanish Main. Rather than knock these beginners on the head and take their gold, the famous pirate Airsaw figured out a better plan: Why not help those beginners along, give them the means to gather up some loot and only then go and whack them over the head to take their gold?

Now, I direct all beginners, and humble experts willing to learn more, to take everything that they can from Airsaw's Beginners' FAQ.

I don't know what it is Wolf but when I click on the Airsaw link I get a page can't be displayed error and there's nothing there. It also happens on the main page when I click on the link there. Maybe I have a weird browser...
Gunner

680 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Cutlass Isle Tutorial: Beginners' FAQ Reply with quote

Howie wrote:
Wolfwood wrote:

I don't know what it is Wolf but when I click on the Airsaw link I get a page can't be displayed error and there's nothing there. It also happens on the main page when I click on the link there. Maybe I have a weird browser...

Test.

Didn't work. I tried to change the link to what show in the guide. No luck.
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be some issue with the redirector, I cannot get to any of the guides from the news postings about them, only access to me is from the guide page. Dunno if it's the program, or the programmer.

Have an Army Day
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, the home page link works for me, whereas the one in this thread doesn't. I'll fiddle around with the one in the post above and try to make it work, though..
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Daedalus
Powder Monkey

498 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Great FAQ... Reply with quote

Thanks Wolfwood for leading me to Airsaw's Beginners FAQ, although I'm new here at Cutlass Isle I'm certainly not a beginner to Pirate's but the FAQ was helpful, insightful and FUNNY! Laughing
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy you liked it, Daedalus! Welcome to the crew, mate!

Your avatar must be the the most calamitous of the ones I've seen here!
Daedalus
Powder Monkey

498 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
I'm happy you liked it, Daedalus! Welcome to the crew, mate!

Your avatar must be the the most calamitous of the ones I've seen here!

Why thank you Wolfwood...I think?, I mean I know the word but did you mean calamitous in a good way or negatively speaking??? Smile
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daedalus wrote:
I know the word but did you mean calamitous in a good way or negatively speaking??? Smile

Well, considering that we are pirates here, in a good way! Wink
Daedalus
Powder Monkey

498 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
Daedalus wrote:
I know the word but did you mean calamitous in a good way or negatively speaking??? Smile

Well, considering that we are pirates here, in a good way! Wink

Very true wolfwood, so thank you I appreciate the compliment! Wink
ScottNunez
Powder Monkey

8 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Cutlass Isle Tutorial: Beginners' FAQ Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:

For the benefit of every one of beginners,It's things like this that make this site such an incredible privateer's safe house
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Hooked on Pirates! Remember to watch out for the annoying English Captain.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Welcome to Hooked on Pirates! Remember to watch out for the annoying English Captain.

The Spanish captain is annoying. The English captain is downright dangerous!
Annoying Captain
Powder Monkey

609 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the French Captain! I am not so bad. It gets pretty lonely stationed her in Port de Paix by myself but I am not so bad a guy. I will come back and visit you guys soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: