Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

CI RP: Chapter 2 - The Governor's Decree
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***

Sign up as town guards? The thought repulsed me. What was the Captain talking about. But then it occured to me that he had a plan.
Signing up as a town guard would get a couple of us on the inside to see what was happening at the mansion. Of course we could then report to the other members of this 'group', as to what was going on and decide any course of action.
Another thing that crossed my mind was that if we signed up as town guards, and we were stationed at the gates of the mansion, then we could easily let the other members in to 'talk' with the Governor about the situation at hand.

These were sort of long term propositions though. It could take weeks or even months before anything was done. As an individual whose 'home' was on this isle, I would rather something that was a bit more immediate, but I was willing to hear the Captain's idea.

"Alright Cap'n, I be listenin', what be your idea?" says I as I took another swig of my drink.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[O/T Chuko has decided to add a new character in here. Well, she is not exactly new, she would be involved in somepart during di Rossi's next voyage, I have had that part planned out since before I started writing the second voyage, but by introducing her earlier, I get to play an indirect part in the Governers Decree, and whatever other scenario Falconer puts up while my main character is at sea.]

So, this was it, Cutlass Island. The old man in the bar in San Juan said that this is where she could find him, the man who killed her brother. She had followed her brother here, over the distant ocean, only to find that he escaped. But on reaching the next town, she learned that her brother had died in an engagement, while his captian got away without a scratch. Her apperance was indeed unusual, even for tghe standards of cutlass isle. Her hair was black, pulled back in a very long ponytail, amber eyes, and dressed in an exotic, and very strange costume. Even more surprising, was the exotic sword at her side. Long, thin and deadly sharp, encased in a decorative scabbard, it was a two handed sword, and as she had showen many men on her voyage, she could use it. She thought about her time in these oceans, and where scum such as that which killed her brother would gather. The seediest tavern in town. She ignored the strange looks that the townsfolk gave her, but she noticed that this town was strangly deserted. It seemed the population was elsewhere... and that elsewhere happened to be the seediest bar, in fact the only tavern in town. Fighting through the crowds, she realized that she knew not what is vermin looked like... that would be a problem. On the door was a notice that everyone was reading, although she knew how to speak the language of English, she still had trouble reading it. Sighing, she entered the tavern. The responce was unlike anything she had ever seen before.
The usual reaction when Nanahouma Maya entered a tavern was scilence, while everyone looked at her, but in this case, the occupents of the tavern were so deep in thier conversation that they did not even notice her entrance. She decided to talk to the bartender about what the racket was about.
'Oh, that? The Guv'ner wants to tax us all, dont know whatsit about... they be planning somthing, I think' the bartender said, 'anyway, we don't get many easterners here, why might you be here?'
'I wish to look for a Pirate.' Maya replied
'Well you have come to the right place, this place is full of them! Anyone inperticular?'
'di Rossi.'
'di Rossi's not here at the moment, on some voyage. But if you want to meet him, your best bet would be to wait here...'
'hmm, well I might just do that. Do you serve sake?'
'Nope, ran out of my last bottle last week... but we do have plum wine'
'Very well, I'll have one of them,' Maya said, placing a silver coin on the table, and heading over to a seat near where the conspiritors whispered, and inadvertantly listened in...

[O/T once again, I introduce to you, Nanahouma Maya, or Maya, younger sister of Nanahouma Sai. Skilled with the Katana, yet not as skilled as her brother, she has followed him here in order to bring him home. Finding out that he was dead, she goes on a voyage of revenge, eventually taking her to Cutlass Isle, where she mistakenly hears some words of the conspiritors... what happens next, do the conspiritors ignore her, or question her is up to you... Oh, and if your wondering about my recent purchases, it will be explained in the next chapter]

Status of Ships;
Sloop Syzer sunk, all hands presumed dead
Frigate Sezcka, 28 guns, 260 men
Sloop of War Aozora, 12 guns, 120 men
Angel
Seaman

1757 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Town guard? The idea has merit. I'm listening, CAPTAIN." Angel said the title with enough scorn to make it clear to all that no one was her captain, no man would be in charge or have power over her.
Capt-JakBlak
Swabbie

193 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staggering through the door of the tavern with an empty green bottle in one had, I gazed around the room.
"Where am I?" I thought. I had been on a boat of some kind for a while, but I couldn't remember much of the voyage. It didn't help matters much when I had awakened on the stoop of this place not five minutes before.
"It's your own fault." a voice in my head said. I had been drunk for almost 3 weeks and my clothes reeked so much that I could actually tell.

"Hey, wench! Where's the water barrel? I need to wash off this stench." I said at the nearest barmaid. Only, it wasn't a barmaid. It was a pirate, if you could ever call a woman a pirate. I was so taken aback by this I dropped the bottle from my hand and froze. My mouth was still open and my one good eye was fixed on her...
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[O/T I'll take that comment to be aimed at Angels Character rather than mine, for Maya definatly does not look like a pirate... but, I will intervine at this point]

A loud drunk wandered into the bar and yelled at one of the pirate conspiritors near at the tablle next to her. Taken aback by this vularity, Maya stood, and faced the man,
'You dare not abuse someone like that in my presence!' Maya replied in a highly accented tone, 'Prove your might, ungodly drunkard, I challange you to a duel of swords, and swords only! I shall show you the moves I learned of Yagyuu Jubei himself, and slay you with my blade of Masaumae'

[What is the captians reply to this challange?]

Status of Ships;
Capt-JakBlak
Swabbie

193 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Swords, eh?" I said reaching up to the small arsenal of pistols dangling from straps and stuffed into belts and bandileers. Who was this girl and why was she making such a fuss. I wasn't even talking to her. Who were these people she obviously wasn't apart of? They didn't seem to be reacting to her as if they knew her.
"Odd, or not you have to deal with her." said a voice in my head.
"I don't understand a word you're saying, but I doubt you'd make it more than one step toward me before I could grab one of these." I said hovering my hand over my favorite flint-lock pistol. It was one that in the hundred or so times I had pulled the trigger it hadn't once mis-fired. She was at least ten or so yards away from me and there were people and tables between us. Most of the patrons were already starting to move to either side, opening up a lane to her.
"You're not amoung the noble aristocrats of England, nor the elegance of France, my deary. So do us a favor and keep that tooth-pick of yours sheathed, so I'm not as liable to put some lead across that pretty face of yours." Saying it with conviction while my head pounded was hard, but I hadn't stumbled on any of the words. Whether or not she would back down, I didn't care. My head hurt, my stomach was empty and I hadn't but ten coins on me. I smiled to the barmaid, who had slowly come near enough to me to say, "'Tis round back. Best ya depart the ways ya came." she said in as low a tone as she could.
I nodded and backed slowly through the door, never letting my hand drop from my pistol...
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the drunkard back down, Maya took her hand off her sword. God, she hated drunks... But then again, this place was full of them. As the man wandered over to the bar, Maya decided to leave and make her way to the Governors Mansion. Perhaps he knew of the fate of that Pirate, di Rossi...

Status of Ships;
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***

The tavern was filling up slowly with patrons as I thought about what Captain Falconer had said. Although he wasn't my captain, he had been an acquaintence of mine for some time. He was well known on the Isle, and I had met him a number of years ago.

An eastern-looking woman entered the tavern and seemed to be looking for someone in particular, but since I did not know who she wanted I went back to our conversation. Falconer was strangely quiet. He was normally a fellow who liked a yarn, but it seemed this decree of the Governors had troubled him somewhat and was uncharacteristically quiet while he thought about his plan.

All of a sudden, an unruly drunk entered the tavern. Well, all pirates are unruly, but this man was so drunk he probably should have been lying in the street somewhere. He seemed to strike up a conversation with the eastern woman. Maybe he was the man she was looking for. It appeared that she did not like the way he was speaking. I'm surprised anyone could understand what he was trying to say, as his speech was slurred as is the case with most people who have had too much to drink. But whatever he said, caused this eastern woman to challenge him to a duel, and in the end the drunk just stumbled back out of the tavern.

My concentration went back to the matter at hand. Dark Angel had also agreed to sign up as a town-guard - in principal, but I presumed that she, as was the case with myself, wanted to hear the full details of Falconer's plan before completely agreeing to it.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swearing heavily in her native tounge, Maya wandered up the hill towards the mansion. Arriving at the door, she found it shut tight, no way to enter. Cursing once more, she began to regret ever comming to this island. There was only one tavern in town, one place where she could stay... Thinking about things she realized that she could ask the Governor for a room. Knocking on the door, she tried again... this time, the door opened...

Status of Ships;
Capt-JakBlak
Swabbie

193 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water barrel was full of a putrid, green scum, but after some disturbance it turned only a pale shade of lime. It was cold, but refreshing and I thought the pounding in my head faded a bit. What was that girl's problem? Challenging a stranger to a duel over nothing, it was completely insane.

"You'll not figure it out here." I thought.

I headed back to the front and spotted the girl storming up toward the Governor's mansion. Maybe she was an embassary or some noble, that would explain her behavior slightly. This was not the place for nobles though, so I figured she was up to something. It was while my mind was wandering that I noticed a posted parchment near the fishmonger's shack. This decree seemed interesting enough, the Governor was forcing the town to pay him protection money.

"Where there was corruption, greed could find an easy handhold" I thought.

This place was my type of town. I could get used to living here, but first I needed to do something about the serious lightness of my money bag. I went back into the tavern, The Salty Dog, and walked over to the bar.

"Hey, matey! Where's this Carlisle fellow to be found? I figure I could use a job, beating money out of these.." I pointed around the tavern.

As I pointed around I noticed the group around that female pirate looking at me...
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***

"Arrr, Matey" says I to this drunk fellow looking in our direction. He had a short time ago had a run-in with the eastern woman, who had now left the tavern. This man had left a minute ago, and had now re-appeared, seemingly slightly less drunk - only slightly though.

"What be ye name?" I ask him.
He could come in useful to our plans, but as yet I wasn't sure how he would fit in to them. He certainly didn't look in the condition of a fellow who might be recruited by the Governor to act as a town guard, well not in his current state anyway.

"I be reckoning that Mr.Carlisle be stayin' up at the Governors mansion for the time bein'." I answer in reply to this drunks question. "But you'll certainly have a bit of trouble gettin' in to see him, so I think you'd better sober up a bit first before you head up there."

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Capt-JakBlak
Swabbie

193 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stayed put at the bar, but nodded towards the sailor addressing me.
"The names, Captain Jack Black. Thanks for the suggestion, but not a drop of whiskey has been past these lips in hours, so you can see why I'm a little out of sorts. If you'd be so kind as to offer me a seat, I just might remedy the problem." I said, trying to seem interested.
I looked back at the bartender and grabbed my money bag.
"Whiskey, a bottle." I said.
After handing him some coin I turned toward the group at the table...
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So Pires, this looks like the beginning of another wonderful vacation!," began Captain Cutiepie Jones in a very chipper tone.

The two men were standing in front of the Salty Dog, a tavern that was recommended by some fellow crew who were "in the know." Jones asked Pires to take a quick look inside to see what the crowd was like. Pires smiled and looked at Cutiepie's wig, which was promptly taken off. They entered the bar very quickly and attempting to do so without any notice.

Well, needless to say, Cutiepie slipped on some spew on the floor and tumbled backwards onto a table, which propelled a glass of mead across the room and into the face of a tough-looking pirate who looked up to see Pires standing there, smiling very faintly while adjusting his collar...
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Maya at the governors mansion]

'Are you hear about the job?' the man at the door answered
'Job? What job? I just want a place to stay where there are no drunk, devious plotting pirates about.'
'Drunk devious plotting pirates?' the man said, thinking, and then, a thin smile crossing his face, 'very well, I think we can allow it, perhaps you should have a chat with the Governor...' the man said, guesturing into the mansion. Maya entered the mansion, and was lead to the Goverons office.

Status of Ships;
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***

Capt. Falconer looked like he was in deep thought, though I suggest that it was the mead or rum that he'd been drinking that left him a little quiet.

"I be going to visit the Governor meself, anybody who wants to come along is free to come with me" I said as I stood up from the table. I finished off my drink and slammed the mug back down on the table.

I started for the door when the barmaid asks me if I'd like another drink, to which I decline. I walk out the door, not really looking back to see if anyone has decided to follow me. As I get outside, I notice that the crowd gathered around the door had dissipated and are now doing their usual things.

I look up the road in the direction of the Governor's mansion and see the lone figure of the eastern woman heading towards the mansion. Maybe she heard our conversation and wanted to join up as a town guard also - I did not know. I figured I would run and catch up to her and see what she was up to. Maybe she was part of this tax plan. Was she sent by the Governor to find out what we were all thinking?

I had to find out so I ran up the road so that I could catch up with her. As I caught up with her, she was speaking to a guard at the front gate of the mansion. I think she was signing up as a guard.

"I want to sign up as a guard too." I exclaimed to the man behind the gate, as he was letting the woman in. The gate was open and this was my chance to get inside without too much effort. The eastern woman had already started walking the path up to the Governor's mansion.

"Hey, slow down" I says to the woman.
"What is your name?" I ask inquiringly.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: