Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

The Ruins of Panama
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: The Ruins of Panama Reply with quote

Note: This is just a quick fictional story about Pirates! Hope you all like it.

4-May-1660 Nevis Island, British Colony

I arrived in port only yesterday after a terrible battle upon the fateful sloop, "Vengeance". I stowed away on that ship after hearing that my family had disappeared while attempting to move to the Indies. Alas, the captain of the ship confronted me as I was out at night searching for bread or salted pork. He pulled out his rapier, while a crewmen gave me his own cutlass. We fought for minutes tenaciously, until I distracted him with a bucket to the head. I then split him from neck to stomach, amid cheering from his former sailors. The crew elected me captain, and this was a very bittersweet introduction to piracy...

I arrived to Nevis yesterday in the morning. After eating some hard tack and drinking sugar cane juice from the locals, I made my way to the governers palace. Behold, while speaking with the governer, I saw the future family I wanted and missed at that moment. The Governer's daughter held my gaze long enough to know that we would be wed soon. The governer, noticing my enticement, told me to remember that she was engaged to a nobleman privateering towards higher riches. If I must have this woman, then I must find this nobleman. I left the Governers mansion and told my crew, "We are off to make riches and deal a mortal blow to the Spanish Empire." The former statement made a much bigger impact on the men then the political comment.

12-November 1661 Barbados - British Colonial Court
Statement by Captain James T. Kelly, Captain of the Frigate "Norfolk"
We sailed southwest, stopping at Martinique to gather men and managed to plunder 3 barques. The riches we received kept the men focused on the task ahead. After gaining more men and supplies in Curacao, we sailed again to the west and were chased down by a French ship 200 miles north of Cartegena. The battle was furious and after losing our desire to retreat, our ship rammed the frigate and the boarding began. Though undermanned, we defeated our enemy and took the ship, which we renamed "Norfolk". After going back to Curacao to pick up more pirates and to repair our ship, we sailed west again.

On the night of August 2nd, we spotted 2 galleons leaving the area of Panama. After this sighting, we landed on the beach and found our way through swamps thanks to guides from the local tribe. Although we were not quite as strong as we wanted, we still consisted of 170 men. Our crew ran full speed across the fields near the Panamanian marshes. The Calvary was on the north side of the town as we entered it. Alas, the Silver Train was in town!!! Vast riches awaited us as we fought into the early hours of the morning. By the end of the battle. Panama was in ruins and our force had dwindled down to 26 men. We boarded our frigate and loaded it up with as many goods as possible. Our booty was great, 11000 gold for each man. This was enough money to retire and the fame we would receive would be enough to woo a governer enough to perhaps receive his daughters hand in marriage.

When we arrived in Nevis, I met with the governer. He smiled and said that it would be fine for me to ask for his daughters hand in marriage. Just then, while my love was walking toward my outstretched hand, soldiers burst into the room and arrested me. I took out 7 guards before I was tackled by another 10. Through the tears in my eyes, I saw my whole life ripped away from me. No love, no family, and men who trusted me that I had betrayed.

I sit here, in this court your honor, to plead my innocence. I did not know of the treaty signed between Britain and Spain on the 1st of August as I was outside of Panama. You must release me to claim my love!

The judge then spoke, "You have been found guilty of treason and are to be released to the Spanish in Panama, where you will be hung by the neck until you are dead, dead, dead!"

Postlude:

I walk through this town with my head down in shame. I am pelted with feces, fruit, and stones as I walk toward my death. I do not bow my head for shame of my actions, but I bow my head for the shame of those who do not understand my pain. Alas, although born of slight pedigree, I die under a cloud of infamous piracy. I am a pirate, and if I die, I will live again to destroy all who forsake me.

I look up into the sun, through the noose that will soon be around my neck, and I smile. I smile for my love and I smile as I glare at the Ruins of Panama. I shall return...

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Henry Morgan II? hehe good story.
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a nice little short story. Why don't you join the main RP thread. Its lotsa fun...

Status of Ships;
Sloop Syzer sunk, all hands presumed dead
Frigate Sezcka, 28 guns, 260 men
Sloop of War Aozora, 12 guns, 120 men
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: