Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Patch 1.0.2 is on the way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dshirk
Firaxian
Firaxian

1241 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Patch 1.0.2 is on the way! Reply with quote

Just as an FYI...

Having a new publisher (Take 2) has allowed Firaxis to facilitate continued devepment on Pirates!

Patch 1.0.2 (World patch, not just U.S.) will be ready by mid-summer. Thanks for all your patience during our transition from Atari to Take 2. It looks like clear sailing ahead (so to speak).

Very Happy
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean a letter to beg for consideration is unnecessary? Would it be possible for someone "in the know" to address some of the specific concerns here? These are mainly, will Pirates! become an open-ended franchise allowing us to spend untold fortunes just to keep our hands in? Can we be forced to buy CD racks just to HOLD all the goodies?

Humor aside, I think "we" need to know the developers are as interested in their product as we are, as customers, and future customers
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airsaw wrote:
Does this mean a letter to beg for consideration is unnecessary? Would it be possible for someone "in the know" to address some of the specific concerns here? These are mainly, will Pirates! become an open-ended franchise allowing us to spend untold fortunes just to keep our hands in? Can we be forced to buy CD racks just to HOLD all the goodies?

Humor aside, I think "we" need to know the developers are as interested in their product as we are, as customers, and future customers
This means that it will come out NEXT SUMMER.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as far as I know the Midsummer celebrations in Finland will be a week from now (Jonannisfest in German). I have no idea how the rest of the world counts these things, but, in any case, we should get the patch rather soon if the above message is correct.
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Cussler
Cutthroat

2686 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, I suppose.

Why was I cursed to be so pessimistic?

Any info about what this patch fixes, dshirk?
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If possible, when referring to Hard data on the game, from a published outside source, please put in a link so all can read the WHOLE story.

If it's true, then a lot of people will want to know about it.

If not, then we also need to know it rumor.

So, please in the future, either cut and paste data, or provide a link.

Thanks..

Have an Army Day
Kensai
Seaman

1450 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airsaw wrote:

Aaahhh, Airsaw...God listen to your words.
Only a detail, I didn´t "disappeared", I continue to talk about trivial thinks, watching post, sometimes, but I gave to myself some "unnplug" attitude for responsabilities, by now, here.

Cheers

Gerardo Thumbs Up
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cussler wrote:
It's a half a glass of water either way you look at it. I'm still going to gin up the letter, but now I'm thinking it might be best as a published open letter, to be sent to all video game oriented websites that a good Google search can dig up.

"Buyer beware" only counts if you don't have a rail, tar and feathers available to you. If you do, then it's "seller beware".
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airsaw wrote:
Cussler wrote:
It's a half a glass of water either way you look at it. I'm still going to gin up the letter, but now I'm thinking it might be best as a published open letter, to be sent to all video game oriented websites that a good Google search can dig up.

"Buyer beware" only counts if you don't have a rail, tar and feathers available to you. If you do, then it's "seller beware".

Three Cheers for Airsaw:

Drug Lord11
Swabbie

1313 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
This means that it will come out NEXT SUMMER.
I think he means mid-summer for the northern hemishpere and mid-winter for the southern hemishpere
dshirk
Firaxian
Firaxian

1241 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westley_Roberts wrote:
If possible, when referring to Hard data on the game, from a published outside source, please put in a link so all can read the WHOLE story.

If it's true, then a lot of people will want to know about it.

If not, then we also need to know it rumor.

So, please in the future, either cut and paste data, or provide a link.

Thanks..

This is straight from the horses mouth, and a more official announcement will be forthcoming shortly. We just thought it would be best to let the fan-sites know first. There's no sense in making you dig for the information.

I will see what I can do about getting a "hit list" of changes and improvements.
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok dshirk... I think most here are skeptics if not coming from Barry himself. I think most have never heard of you ... no offense. Do you represent Take 2 or Firaxis. I mean I appreciate the heads up and Barry normally will send me an update like this.

Guys on a side note of this statement above I have decided to contact Barry to see if any of this holds any substance. I will let you know what I find out.

*** Note until then we will leave this statement as is. Basically I believe its truth until otherwise proven. It could be a new PR guy and I appreciate the heads up if so Wink ***
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok everyone this is a legit patch coming out this midsummer. Dshirk is the new webmaster for Firaxis and Barry has confirmed that this patch will be coming out. They do not have a definite date but 2K games is defnitely QA/Production testing the fixes right now. So whenever they officialy get done with this testing they will be officially releasing the patch.

I want to Thank Dshirk for the notice and at least I do appreciate it the heads up Smile

As such of being an offical member of Firxas News dshirk I bestow the honor of special rank Firaxian to you. Welcome aboard Sailor
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Javi
Cutthroat

2778 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Very Happy
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something of interest. Dtd: June 3rd.

http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2005/mft05060323.htm?source=ihghlpban100102 paragraph 4.

I appreciate a good heads-up myself. Sailor
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: