Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Brazil here I come...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Xbox Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
so did you file a complaint?

Although my cynical friend here has been burned so far on the game he still returns to haunt us... Laughing just messing

Anyways .. he does have a good point ... although I am sure it won't get taken care of immediately, I am definitely sure that if a number of people sent in the complaint maybe (even I say this), don't hold your breathe... they might fix it. Coming to face facts ... how many companies have ever replaced a CD for a console version??? Unless the disc just won't play they normally don't.

Now if Firaxis and Take 2 come up with a solution for this one ... I would definitely be impressed. Shocked but here's to the hope they will... I still believe they could be the company to impress me Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised to be honest. Xbox live, harddrive... All the ingredients are there.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know enough about consoles to know how likely updates for games are, but if there's a hard drive in the machine, it should at least be possible.

It really looks as if no-one play-tested this game before release. Both the cannon bug and this map bug are such that should have become evident if they had even as few as 3 people playing a couple of full games to spot the bugs...
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Overt Stipend
Powder Monkey

857 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is reporting a bug different then filing a complaint? I did report the Trinidad map bug.

Although this bug and the "can't explore on land" are critical issues,the game, IMHO, verges on greatness. My highest compliments to the DEV team. My son is a professional game programer so I have an insider understanding of the sometimes conflicting goals between the dev team and the producers.

Mark my words, if the decision to fix these issues is made, this game will go down as a historic accomlishment.

Smooth Sailing
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
It really looks as if no-one play-tested this game before release. Both the cannon bug and this map bug are such that should have become evident if they had even as few as 3 people playing a couple of full games to spot the bugs...
Wolfie you are being too kind.

Until the public starts widely reporting these kinds of product abuses, developers will continue to foist them upon us.

A casual game review doesn't seem to ever play a game to completion, so reviewers never see the blatent problems in some games.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginning to think that we should use this chance to publish our own site review of X-Box pirates, which would also bring up these bugs and let it be known how dismayed we are to receive such a bugged product.

This goes out as a tip to those forum members who are taking part in the review writing contest that PiratesFan put in motion.
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Overt Stipend
Powder Monkey

857 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: the Trinidad Map Bug

Just checked in at another forum where an xbox version player claims that the clue is wrong ie. my map says search S.E. of Trinidad. He says that he got the same map and found lost relative S.W. instead. I tried this with no luck but just thought I'd mention it - might work for others. If it does let us know.

Smooth Sailing
Overt Stipend
Powder Monkey

857 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: No response from Firaxsis Reply with quote

I am begining to understand what rupertlittlebear has been saying about nobody being home at Firaxis after you get their product. They have still not resonded to my email re: Trinidad map bug and no overland treasure hunt.

I don't like being an ignored customer and have asked them for a refund.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Xbox Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: