Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Patch Changes 1.0.1 - 1.0.2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Patch Changes 1.0.1 - 1.0.2 Reply with quote

Note that these are some of the changes that were put in place but here is what I have from Barry over at Firaxis

Barry wrote:
Here is the change log from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2. Not a huge update but there are some handy fixes in there.

[FIX] - "Consistently, with a wanted criminal, in land Nav, if the user loses the Tavern duel, is thrown in prison, is given a chance to sneak out, and successfully sneaks out of town, the user is returned to the city with all objects removed from the world."
[FIX] - When finding new spot for ship when leaving port, can get really bad positions.
[FIX] - Water geometry not updated properly when scaling changes.
[FIX] - Annoying captain bug fix.
[FIX] - Less "angular" sword trails.
[FIX] - Fix for the missing terrain edges.
[FIX] - Treasure map camera fix
[FIX] - Don't show crewmen in tavern if there are not enough in the tavern to join
[FIX] - Don't allow "Welcome Aboard" message if you have a full crew contingent.
[FIX] - Don't allow "return to merchant" message if merchant can't buy anything.
[FIX] - Miscellaneous out-of-array-bounds checks
[FIX] - Pause menu lighting fix in dance and duel.
[FIX] - Montalban now wields a rapier
[FIX] - Always show crewmen while dueling (stops them from disappearing while dueling)
[FIX] - Top 10 defeat ranking corrected.
[FIX] - Allow re-sack of town if AI sacks town.
[FIX] - Don't allow AI sack of town of we've gone as far as rescuing the daughter.
[FIX] - Daughter reset if AI takes over town
[FIX] - When loading unwelcome arrival save, popup shows over game world.
[FIX] - Don't allow AI to sink known pirates.
[FIX] - Landmark rocks now damage ships.
[FIX] - Privateer crash.
[FIX] - "I have exactly 1000, gold traveler wants 1000 gold but I cannot purchase the item."

As far as i know they have incorporated the changes from the us only 1.0.1 patch into 1.0.2 for everyone worldwide. just though I would let everyone know what information I have on it.

thanks

PF
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite handy fixes indeed, although i would higher appreciate fixes of the more 'serious' game bugs, such as the missng red X bug Question
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guru wrote:
Quite handy fixes indeed, although i would higher appreciate fixes of the more 'serious' game bugs, such as the missng red X bug Question

That one was already fixed in the current patch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... If they've now fixed the known pirates so that they cannot be sunk, will this mean that when a known pirate attacks Montalban or Raymundo, they will fight for an eternity, as neither one can sink?

Likable fixes all of the above, though... I wish I can get a computer on which to play the game soon...

Are there any major omissions in the above list, BTW? Such problems left unfixed that have annoyed us thus far?
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
bandy
Powder Monkey

35 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the changes the patch will bring. I have european version so i havent upgraded the game i have

Just wanted to mention that i never had the problem of a computer controlled ship sinking a named pirate. however my games tend to have unbearable times of peace

Un pirata con causa!!
SlipperyJim
Cutthroat

2045 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Patch Changes 1.0.1 - 1.0.2 Reply with quote

Barry wrote:
[FIX] - Annoying captain bug fix.

YAY! They fixed the bug from the last patch! Smile

Barry wrote:
[FIX] - Less "angular" sword trails.

Now that someone's mentioned it, I thought those looked a little weird. Nice to fix it. Not crucial, but nice.

Barry wrote:
[FIX] - Montalban now wields a rapier

This is less of a "fix" and more of a "change", but that's okay.

Barry wrote:
[FIX] - Allow re-sack of town if AI sacks town.
[FIX] - Don't allow AI sack of town of we've gone as far as rescuing the daughter.
[FIX] - Daughter reset if AI takes over town

YAY!! Excited These were some of the most frustrating (and bizarre) aspects of the game for me!

Now, if only they can manage to avoid introducing any new bugs with the patch, we'll really have something here. Lost

What? Oh, NOW I get it....
fossaman
Gunner

3515 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlipperyJim, Montalban has a sword that looks like a rapier and acts like a cutlass. That's just wrong.

Like my fossa? He's a pirate! Razz
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Guru wrote:
Quite handy fixes indeed, although i would higher appreciate fixes of the more 'serious' game bugs, such as the missng red X bug

That one was already fixed in the current patch.

Oh, i forgot Oops or blush Then most of the bugs really are fixed, and especially re-sacks of AI-sacked towns are handy Smile
SlipperyJim
Cutthroat

2045 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fossaman wrote:
SlipperyJim, Montalban has a sword that looks like a rapier and acts like a cutlass. That's just wrong.

Hmmm ... yes, good point. I suppose I should pay more attention the next time I fight Monty. Does he use his "ratlass" (or is it a "cupier"?) when you fight him on his ship, or only during the big finale at his fortress?

What? Oh, NOW I get it....
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to nit pick,

The native and religious items still do nothing.
AI War Canoes still fold on contact.
1 town conversion is still all that is needed to remove a 1 billion bounty from your head.
Treasure Fleet still equals the "Chicken Merchants from Seville"

And of course, still waiting
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rupert .. wouldn't expect anything less ... Laughing

anyways... I have got confirmation that the 1.0.2 will include all updates from 1.0.1 US version release and this will be for all version of Pirates! PC version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ruf
Seaman

899 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
Just to nit pick,

The native and religious items still do nothing.
AI War Canoes still fold on contact.
1 town conversion is still all that is needed to remove a 1 billion bounty from your head.
Treasure Fleet still equals the "Chicken Merchants from Seville"

AMEN!
I don't mind the War canoes "folding on contact"-- I kinda like it.
I hate the puny Treasure Fleet though. 3 ships would be acceptable if they each had 10,000 gold or something.
Gunner

3515 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, it needs to be like 25,000 and be more heavily guarded. I mean, really! I captured a payroll ship this morning with 12,000 on board!

Like my fossa? He's a pirate! Razz
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I welcome all of the changes that have been made in the 'yet to be released' patch, even though I've never had a problem with a number of them.

But like Rupert said....we're still waiting.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I am also of the "never heard of these problems before" crowd. Looks like nothing on my wishlist will come true in this patch. And of course I have a great dislike to the idea that they changed the way you conquer cities (a la 1.0.1...), and also this bit about your wife's town being invincible. Blaaah. They haven't touched on the "partial volleys" bug, the "warpspeed and ghostships" bugs, and most importantly - the ability of enemy ships to force you to fight, which is probably the main reason why the game is so easy. Crying or Very sad

Oh well. At least, I hope, cyberops will put SOMETHING out so this patch would be useful.

P.S.
Why is it that when I click a smiley, the code appears at the end of the post, not where my cursor was at the time of the click?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: