Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

The Adventures of the Pirate, di Rossi; the second voyage
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 24, ...is the hour before dawn
Santiago

'What? you know where my father is?' Mia said, happily
'Indeed. and we also have the means to get him back,' I replied, placing the large bag of gold on the table.
'So,' Jose said, 'Curacao is our next goal. Perhaps this can be revenge for the sacking of Coro and Margarita,'
'Indeed. We shall head on down to the shipyards tomorrow (which is tuesday) and pick out a nice new ship' I replied, 'and then sail on down to Curacao, gather the crew, Jose, we're going to purchase a ship!'

the next day...

'Oh, so youre back... what sort of ship do you want?' the shipwright said
'What do you have?' I replied
'Well, we have two second hand merchentmen, slightly used, three sloops, a ungodly amount of Pinnances and just in from the Spanish fleet, a fully armed frigate' the shipwright replied
'I'll take the frigate, oh yeah, and the sloop,' I said
'Would you like cannons with that?'
'Indeed I would, heres the gold, arm them to the teeth!' I said, handing over the gold. The shipwright smiled, 'very well, your order will be ready tomorrow'
I turned to Mia, who was always accompaning me, and replied, 'we are on our way, we shall leave town tomorrow!'

the day after that...

It was a happy day. The Frigate, which we had named after our former Pinnance, Sezcka was to be my flagship. Jose was, at least for the time being, commander of the sloop, Aozora. With fresh winds, and a massive crew behind us, we set off for what I thought would be the decisive battle of this voyage. Of course, I would be proven wrong about that a bit later down the track

Status of Ships;
Sloop Syzer sunk, all hands presumed dead
Frigate Sezcka, 28 guns, 260 men
Sloop of War Aozora, 12 guns, 120 men
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 25, the Battle of Curacao; Part 1

It had been just over 15 days since we left Santiago. We haad headed south, and then south east, eventully making it to the far side of the island that Curacao was settled on. This would be a land battle, I told myself. I had yet to test my skill at tactics, luckly, one of my new recruits from Santiago used to be an officer in the English Army, (before a nasty falling out with his commander forced him to piracey) Mathew Jefferson was his name, and for the upcomming battle, I took him on as my advisor. The march, I predicted would take a day or two, whilst a skeleton crew under Jose would sail the ships arount the island in three days, under the dutch flag. At the moment, nobody knew what my ship looked like, although I was rather infamous around these parts, we would get by undetected. It would, to the adverage observer, look like a dutch naval ship, I just hoped that they would not look too closely. Two days went by fast, as our army marched our way across the island, we were unnoticed, despite the 200 men I had brought with me. So far, it seemed like we could sneak into the town, and take the fort without a major battle

'Achoo!' snezed one of my crew. Everyone went quiet, and stopped. Then we heard it, the galloping of a horse. I swore privatly at this fool, now there would be a battle that would cost lives... The town was within sight, but looking through my telescope, I saw a large number of soldiers gathering on the outscurts of town. I turned to Jefferson, and asked him for his plan
'Plan? If we had time to prepare, I would say,' he said, looking through my telescope at the men forming on the fields below, 'we cut down trees, and make pikes for the soldiers. They seem to have a unit of mounted cavalry. That is our problem. They can easily flank us and cut off our retreat, persuing us and harassing us. Plus, we have nowhere to retreat to, our vessels are most proberly on the open seas already, or at least by the time we get back. I would say, use your musket soldiers in the bushes here,' he guestured to a patch of trees halfway fown the hill we were standing on, 'and place the main portion of your army here. The main portion will hurl out insults and the like, forcing the enemy into attaking the fixed position. We are on a hill, thier cavalry would be like sitting ducks to us, and the musketmen whom are hidden would cut them down. As well as that, send a third unit of your troops around the enemy formation, and into the town itself, casting fire apon the town. This will demoralize the defenders, and we should have a chance to aniahlate them'
'Hmm, such tactics are beyond the scope of a mear Lieutenant,' Mia replied, 'Have you by any chance read the works of a Sun Tzu?'
'Perhaps... but thats not important. I shall command the musket men, you should command the raiding party, Major, and Mia should command the main force, is that fine with you?'
'Indeed it is. If this works, your in for a promtion,' I said, before heading off and selecting the 20 men that I would take with me. Jefferson smiled, before leading his musket men to thier position. I set off, and Mia moved her force onto the field.

We ran through the dense forest, in a wide arc, carring little in the way of weaponry. From the glimpses of the battle I saw from the treeline, I could see Mia's force hurling insults at the Dutch defenders, and from the looks of things, the dutch defenders looked rather... upset that this little girl was bringing thier masculinity into question. I heard a trumpet, and the gallop of horses, it had begun...

the battle will be finished next episode...

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[I'm bored, so I might finish that battle now]

Chapter 26, The Battle of Curacao, the thrilling conclusion! (but I cant promise that... but I will tell you this, there will be a BIG surprise at the end... the chief villan is introduced! (and no, its not Horge or Rotterdam)
Curacao

The horses galopng got faster and faster, as they approched the hill. It was still too early, we were nowhere near the town itself... we spead up our pace, and continued to the town. A volley of musketfire was heard, as, for a glimpsing second, through a gap in the treeline, I saw a number of cavalrymen fall from thier mounts. A second volley sounded, as a trumpet signaled the retreat of the cavalry formation. We continued foward, eventually making it to the town. I split my men into groups of three, with two groups of four, and sent them around to cause chaos. Fires started to burn throughout the town, as the townfolk fled from thier burning houses. There was an explosion from the armory, it had fallen to my force...

'It looks like Marco was able to complete his mission,' Mia said, confidently looking at the town, and the troops falling back to stop the invaders, 'It would be a bad thing if those troops took out Marco's small force, Men, Charge!'
The troops of the main formation started charging down the hill. Jefferson on the other hand cursed Mia's stupidity, he really should have commanded the main force, as he watched men fall over themselves, and get trampled, this would be a good lesson for her, 'Ok, men, follow them, and DON'T RUN!' Jefferson yelled

It seemed like the Defenders had fallen back into the town. This would be a problem, I told myself. We would have to end this quickly, by taking the head of Rotterdam. But where would Rotterdam be? The Governors Mansion... was my immediate thought. I ordered my group to follow me, as it seemed like my troops were doing battle with the dutch on the streets. This was getting nasty. Reaching the gate to the mansion, we were confronted by a small group of guards. five of them... drawing out my pistol, I shot one in the head, before drawing out my sword, and chaging at the group...

'Kah, that was a mess,' Mia said to herself, as Jefferson walked up to her
'Indeed it was, you should never order your men to charge whilst on a hill,' Jefferson said, adding, 'But this has turned sour. With the troops in the town, they will turn into savages, mudering and plundering everything they come across. If our enemy commander is smart, this would be the time to counterattack.'
'Indeed, Marco would not like it if there were too many civilan casulties... but this is the hand fate has given us.'
'Well, by the looks of things, the Major's team has taken out most of the nerve centres of the enemy, I doubt that they would be able to counterattack, even if thier commander was able. Shall we join them?' Jefferson finished, drawing his Cutlass
'Indeed, lets cut our way to the Governors mansion, that is where Marco would most likely be,' Mia replied, preparing her Scythe, and smiling, 'I have not had a good bloodbath in a while...'

I shook my Rapier clean of the blood that fell on it, and walked away from the dead bodies of the guards. My team had been killed, but somehow, I managed to take out the other four. I picked up a pistol from one of the guards, and began to run towards the Building. Entering it, I found my bearings rather easily, having been here but months ago, and made my way to the Governors office, finding little resistance. Opening the door, I found the governor standing there, his Rapier in hand, smiling at me
'This time you will not catch me by surprise, I shalll make you pay for that embarrisment, di Rossi!' The governor yelled.
I lowered my sword, 'Where is Rotterdam?' I asked
'Hah, you will have to get past me first!' he yelled
I pulled out the pistol I picked up a while ago, and shot him in the leg, 'Where is he'
'Ok, ok, I'll tell you!' the Governor said, falling to the ground, 'he left with his staff about a month ago, he did not tell me where, but his subordinate might know...'
'And where might I find him?'
'Through that door,' he guestured to a door on the far side of the office, I ran to it, smashed through it, to find the subordinate, sitting in a high leather chair, his back to me, 'So, di Rossi, this is the fateful encounter. I belive you are hear for your uncle?' the subordinate said
'How... how did you know that?' I replied, 'Rotterdam does not even know that!'
'And I do not intend to tell him, it makes the game more interesting that way,' replied the man in the seat
'What 'Game'? How do you know that he is my uncle?' I said
'I should know,' the man said, the leather chair turning to reveal his face, 'after all, I did sell him to Rotterdam,' said the smiling face before me
'da Silva!' I gasped in astonishment, 'I always wondered why you knew the location of my relitives.'
'And now you know... but you being alive complicates things a bit,' da Silva said, drawing his sword, 'for if my relationship to Rotterdam and Horge was revealed, I would loose too much'
'Horge is in on this too?' I said
'No times for questions, fight me!' yelled da Silva, charging at me at a rapid pace, shocking me into action. I quickly blocked this strike, before parring his second blow. da Silva was a different man to the one I fought in San Juan, his skills showed no gap, no way foward. I did not have a loaded pistol with me, so my combo techniques I had worked on would not work. I would have to defeat him the old fasioned way. Suddenly, he lunged at me. This was my chance, seeing the gap, I sidesteped, and stuck the blade of my Rapier into his sword arm. da Silva released the sword, and stepped back.
'So this has been decided, di Rossi. I have lost, but I shall not die' da Silva said
'Indeed you have lost, so tell me, what part does Horge play in this?'
'Hah, if I told you that,' said da Silva, backing towards the window, 'the game would not be fun. Farewell, di Rossi, next time we meet, I shall not loose!' he finished jumping out of the window. I ran to the third floor window, and looked out, only to see da Silva run off. Mia and Jefferson joined me soon after.
'The battle is over, sir, the city is ours!''Jefferson said
'I'm sorry, Mia, he was not here...' I said depressingly, 'he, and Rotterdam left a month ago... but the pieces seem to fit now.'
'What pieces?' Mia said, unshaken by the news that her uncle was not there
'Do you remember a Count da Silva?' I said
'Indeed, was he not the one in who knew of my Fathers location?' Mia asked
'Indeed. Have you ever wondered how he knew?' I replied
'No'
Anger was building up in me now, as I said the following in a quiet, yet trembling voice, 'he sold our families to thier terrible fate...'

The town was ours, with over 70% of our troops surviving. But to me, and Mia, it was a tragic defeat. As the crew loaded the gold and valubles from the town onto the Sezcka, I, with my executive (Mia, Jose, Jeffferson) explained everything to them, as we planned our next mission.
'We should head for a spanish town, and inform the Governor of da Silva's treachery' Jose said
'I agree,' replied Jefferson, 'It would reduce his hiding spots by half. And, the Spanish crown will start searching for him'
'Yes, but he still knows the location of my Mother,' I replied, 'I want to beat that out of him with my own hands, I cannot afford to let him fall into someone elses hands. We shall inform the Viceroy, but we should try to hunt him down before Spain manages to. We should head for Santo Domingo. Its almost directly north of here, and it is close to our base.'

Next Chapter, Santo Domingo

[final note, I have updated the cast of Characters in the character information thread]

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 27; The Calm Before the Storm
Santo Domingo

We sailed into this, the first surviving town in the New World. From what it looked like, the harbour was seemingly empty, not a single warship to be found in it. We ancored the Sezcka at the river mouth, and used the sloop to ship the men to shore. My first port of call was the Governor. As I walked along the cobbled stones, there was a certan feeling of Aprehention in the air of the villagers. The governor granted me an immediate entrance and audience

'Well, well, my dear Major di Rossi. I hear your trip to Curacao paid some dividends' the Governor said
'It was not as successful as it seemed. I was unable to accomplish the goals I wanted to do. However, in failing that, I came across somthing rather interesting'
'Do go on'
'It seems the Spanish Nobleman, Count da Silva has turned trator against Spain. He has allied himself with Horge and the Duke of Rotterdam.'
'Horge and Rotterdam? What a strange combination. However, Horge will not be a problem for much longer. The fleet sailed from San Juan about a week ago, for Tortuga. From there, they will send scouts to hunt down the Horge's fleet and lure it into a trap.'
'So Horge is getting his just deserts, is he?'
'I thank you, however, for telling us about da Silva. I have never trusted that man,' the Governor said, before inviting my Executive for dinner. After dinner, we retired to a local tavern,
'A fleet has sailed to destroy Horge?' Mia said
'Indeed, under Admiral Lorenzo, the hero who destroyed the Dutch fleet at Trinadad'
'Lorenzo is a fine warrior, but I think that battle had more to do with luck than naval Stratigy' Jefferson said, before knocking back his beer, I stuck with milk (having given up alcohol)
'Do you not have faith in Lorenzo taking out the Green Dragon Fleet?' Jose said
'Its not like I don't have faith, the fleet he has assembled would be hard to defeat under any curcumstance, but Horge is to good of a stratigist to be taken lightly. Yes, the Biggest Battalions can win the war, but stratagy, and thinking like your enemy is what wins the day,' Jefferson replied
'So, if you were Horge, what would you do?' I asked
'Me? I would wait just outside Tortuga, and take out the fleet at night, whilst leading a land invasion against the town itself. If the enemy can choose the field of battle, your chances of winning decrease. So, in his position, I would come to the enemy'
'Do you think we should join in?' Mia asked
'It would be up to the men. The amount of Plunder that we would gain from this expedition would be minimal at best. If they do not want to do it, I see little choice in forcing them to. The Plunder we extracted from Curacao was huge,' I replied
'But, inform them that if people die, thier gold share will increase,' Jose said
I stared at Jose balnkly, 'Thats a rather cold way of putting things, I'll tell them straight out about what we are to do'
'Good choice,' Mia replied

In the end, the crew voted to head to Tortuga. From what they figured, that by getting rid of this pirating cartel, the amount of plunder for them in future expaditions would increase. We set sail the next day for Tortuga

[Three more chapters to go!]

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[well, here it is. After a long wait, and I mean a Very Long wait, you get not one, not two but three chapters... yay! but anyway, there are still two, or even three more chapters to go]

Chapter 28
The battle of Tortuga Bay; Part 1, the pieces are set
Northern Coast of Hispaniola

The four of us sat around the table in my stateroom, as the delicious dinner was served to us. We had purchased a number of good food and wine at Santo Domingo, and we had decided that, if, in the coming battle we were defeated, then the food would not have gone to waste. So we ate and talked about our old adventures.
‘And as the evil French Pirate Hunter came down apon me, I used my sword to parry him away. Little did I know, that in the sea beneath me, was ferocious man eating sharks!’ Jefferson said, in a rambling tale, ‘One false step, and I would have fallen inn…’
A lookout busted through the door, ‘Captain, an emergency!’
I stood, and looked at the man, ‘This better be important, I don’t want my Llama steaks going cold on me for nothing’
‘It is important!’ he said, as I followed him to the deck, and looked out towards the west. Seeing the sight, I turned to the Nightwatchman,
‘Wake the men, but do it quietly. Tell them to go to battle stations, but do not make a noise. Extinguish all lights, and head full speed for Tortuga, I’ll be back up on deck shortly,’ I said, before rushing back to my quarters.
‘And as the shark was about to bite me, a sudden thought came to mind…’ Jefferson continued, as I ran back into the room
‘I am sorry, but story time is over,’ I said, extinguishing the candles, the look on Jefferson’s face was one of disappointment, it looked like it was a good part in his tale, ‘We head to battle stations. Jefferson, Jose, I place you in tactical command of the Aozora, your task is to circle the enemy vessels and shoot them. While they are distracted by you, the Sezcka shall fire away at the enemy., or while the enemy is distracted by the Sezcka, you shall attack and board the enemy vessel… actually, Mia, you go with Jefferson, you are better at combat (no offence Jose)’
‘Very well,’ Mia said, ‘we shall prepare for battle, Jefferson, get your lazy ass over here!’
‘Yes, madam…’ he replied in a not so happy tone. I wandered back onto the deck, seeing the men quietly go about their business, looking at the orange glow coming from the nearby island, the Island of Tortuga.

‘So,’ asked Jefferson, sitting at the wheel of the Aozora, ‘have you ever driven one of these?’
‘Nope, I was hoping you had,’ she replied, happily
‘And what are you so happy about?’ he asked
A strange dark and sardonic look came over Mia’s face, as she smiled slightly, ‘It has been so long since my beloved Scythe has tasted the sweet taste of human flesh, I am excited… well, follow the Sezcka, don’t loose sight of it’
Fear entered Jefferson for the first time since that incident with a shark… she was a real demon, he said to himself.

Jose joined me on deck, ‘Was it really alright to leave those two alone?’
‘Oh, you mean Mia and Jefferson? Yeah, they’ll get along famously.’
‘But their personalities are so different, one, who is like a slave to the other… and Mia, no offence, but she is a real demon’
‘Indeed she is… I still do not completely trust Jefferson so Mia will keep him in line’
Jose’s eyes narrowed, ‘and you trust me?’
‘Indeed, I do, there is no way in the world that you are an enemy mole… after all, Sai, and Jones, I gave them a lot of trust, but they betrayed me… even in the afterlife they taunt me. Well, this battle will be vengeance against Jones for leading me on.’
‘What about Sai?’ Jose asked
‘His battle will come another day… indeed it will, from the looks of things, the Green Dragons have attacked the Spanish Fleet in Tortuga. They will not be expecting a reinforcements to some, so we will be able to hit them by surprise.’
‘How do you know that?’
‘Its what I would have done…’
‘Captian, sail on the horizon… my god, it’s the famous French Pirate Hunters, the Louis Brothers!’
‘That’s a relief, signal to the Aozora to hail them, and inform the Louis Brothers about our plan’

‘My Lady, orders have arrived from your cousin’
‘Read them to me’
‘Louis Brothers ship approaching from the N.E, hail, and inform of plan, that is all.’
‘Jefferson, did you get that?’
‘Yes, madam,’
‘Raise hail colours, and turn on the lights. We want to get their attention!’

‘It seems like the Aozora has raised the hail flag, and has switched on lights, captian,’
‘Very good. Jose, tell the helmsman to continue on our course… it seems like things are about to get interesting

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Chapter number two... the actual battle! Since this was my first time doing a large scale naval battle, it might be a bit scetchy]

Chapter 29
The Battle of Tortuga Bay, part 2, the dawn of demise

‘So, if it isn’t little Mia’ The younger Louis said, ‘so how is di Rossi? Still well?’
‘He is fine. You are obviously heading for Tortuga?’
‘Indeed, we are,’ Louis said, ‘do you have a plan?’
‘Indeed, my cousin has a plan…’

‘The lookout makes out seven ships, four War Galleons, a Galleon, three merchantmen, five Barques and a small amount of smaller ships’ Jose said
‘get him down here to plot their locations in the harbour on this map. Our target is the Galleon, Amstrad, which is the Green Dragons Flagship. Cut off the head, and the body will follow,’ I replied, looking at a map of Tortuga Bay before me. Jose hurried off, and returned a few moments later with the lookout, ‘Ok, son, show me where the ships were…’

‘An interesting plan your cousin came up with,’ Louis replied, ‘It might just work.’
‘Might I ask where is your brother? I have not seen him around’ Mia asked
Louis’ face looked glum, ‘It was about a week ago, we ran into the Green Dragon Fleet. I just don’t mean one or two ships, but there were about twelve of them. We decided to do the safe thing and flee, and warn the Governor of the danger, but that darn galleon of theirs blasted our vessel, the shock killed my brother who was at the wheel. The ship was badly damaged and taking in water, so we beached it, and repaired it, and gave my brother a funeral…’ a smile came across his face, ‘and it seems your cousin has given us the key to his revenge, Lieutenant, inform the men of this plan. We will be working with di Rossi on this mission’
Mia smiled, and returned to the Aozora. The Sezcha, on the other hand, was just out of sight

The gunnery officers and the lieutenants were in my study looking over the map, and the intricately carved wooden ship models upon it, there were little cotton flags upon the masts of the ships, some of the officers thought that this was a little too much, Jose spoke
‘This is the position of the enemy fleet as of five minutes ago, our target is this vessel, the Galleon Amstrad, the enemies flag ship. When the word is given, we fire repetitively at the galleon in till it has sunk, or has been incapacitated. The Aozora and the Louis brothers will take care of the smaller vessels.’
‘The should not we wait till they get here?’ an officer remarked
‘Indeed, we should wait till they get here, but there is no time. They are not that far behind us anyway. Once you get back to your posts, keep your men quiet. When you hear the swivel cannon go off, that is your signal to attack with a concentrated barrage. Does every one understand this?’ I said, as nods and murmurs filled the room, ‘then get back to work, and remember the signal’

‘Captian Louis, the frigate ahead of us has stopped!’
‘Increase our speed, we must catch up to them!’

Mia smiled, ‘It looks like the fun is about to start… everyone, prepare for battle

‘Admiral! The pirates have surrounded us! The men are wanting to surrender!’ yelled the Spanish soldier to Admiral Lorenzo
‘The day I surrender is the day I am long dead and in my grave… something will pull through…’
‘The Granda has ceased firing, captian, she seems to be sinking!’
‘Their darn Galleon is out of our range, and the smaller ships barraging us are too low to fire upon… attempt to break through the enemy fleet, we shall try to loose them in open seas!’
‘Dou you mean to abandon the other two ships and the town?’
‘The French can take care of them selves’
A small cannon was heard firing in the distance
‘Admiral, did you hear that?’
‘Yes, it sounded like a swivel cannon, far out to sea…’

A river of fire erupted from the side of the Sezcka, with most shots hitting the Amstrad directy, inflicting many casualties upon the unsuspecting vessel. Unfortunately for them, they had the cannons facing the harbour, and could not return fire. The Sezcka fired again, with every shot hitting its mark. The signal was given, as the Frigate changed headings, and prepared to ram the Galleon.

‘Admiral Horge! The half of our crew is dead, and the enemy frigate is aproching with rapid speed!’
‘Those darn Spanish Dogs, they had reinforcements’
‘It does not seem to be a Spanish Ship, Admiral, shes flying a black flag, with a green dragon upon it…’
‘The Ryokuryuukai… the flag of the Pirate, di Rossi… I never should have let him escape! Send messages to the other ships, come around and engage the enemy Frigate, we can deal with the other galleons later!’

‘It looks like, Admiral, that the Pirate Vessels are braking off, and the enemy flagship has sustained heavy damage…’
‘Who is the one assisting us?’ Lorenzo asked
‘It’s a frigate flying a black flag with a green patch of some sort on it…’
Lorenzo slumped back against a guard rail. He and his fleet was safe, Major di Rossi had arrived, ‘Order the Galleons that can still move to begin bombarding those Merchantmen, leave the galleon for di Rossi’

The Louis and the Aozora arrived to see the Sezcka change direction… the sun was rising, and the proud flag of the Ryokuryuukai could be seen fluttering above the Sezcka. The two ships split up and began hunting down the smaller vessels that were approaching the Frigate, circling and firing, just as had been said

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[the last chapter of the Battle of Tortuga is what I am good at... a duel... but not a long one... and most of the chapter is conversation... but anyway, here it is]

Chapter 30
The Battle of Tortuga Bay, Part 3, A duel to remember
Tortuga

The two ships crashed together in a hail of splinters, as the fires roared across the deck of the Amstrad. The first group of men, the shock troops, were the first to board the vessel, and cut down the fleeing Pirate Sailors. Di Rossi, on the other hand, was next on board, as he scanned the deck for Horge. There he was, standing there, at the wheel, looking down upon the carnage below… and at me, as if daring me to come up for a duel. As the battle raged on, I sliced my way past the few that dared to face me, and reached Horge, whose back was now turned, looking out over the sea.
‘So it has come to this, my dear di Rossi… I trust you know now the full story?’
‘Not quite… but I know how you were involved,’ I replied, ‘Captaining a Spanish Raider you captured my family and then sold them to da Silva, who had them work in the West Indies. You then, fearing the punishment of Spain’s wrath due to your betrayal, returned to your homeland, and joined the East India Company. It was in Bavaria I met you, and came aboard your ship. We sailed together for a good year, until Malay Pirates took over the Ship. I thought you had died back then, but obviously you escaped, leaving me, and the remainder of the Crew in the Malays hands… but the rest I do not know’
‘So I shall fill you in. I made a deal with those Malays, my life, and they could sell you all off as slaves. It was the perfect deal, I returned to Bavaria, where I joined the staff of the Governor General, doing… how should I put this, less than legal things. A Protestant Missionary, however, caught the Governor General in a rather compromising position between two ten-year-old native girls, and he was sent back to Holland, I accompanied him. Due to his high rank of Duke, he was reposted to St Martin as the Governor… and I continued working as his errand boy, he set up this Pirate organization. He was the true leader of it all… did you ever wonder why we chased you so often when you did nothing to annoy us?’
‘Rotterdam… that scum, I shall slay him…’
‘Indeed. There is nothing more to say,’ he drew out his cutlass, ‘let us finish this!’
I shook the blood off my Wolfwood Rapier with a sidewards slash, ‘Indeed, for old times sake!’

With that, Horge swiped his sword at me, a move which I dodged, before lunging my Rapier towards his chest. He then blocked this move with his sword, before slashing once more at me. I parried this blow, but the force behind it proved too great, forcing me to loose my balance. Horge smiled, and begain to launch the finishing blow, but my left hand had made its way to my pistol, firing at his right arm. Horge shrieked out in pain, dropping his weapon. I regained my balance, and placed the tip of the Rapier to his neck…
‘It is over, finish me…; Horge said
‘No. You not only saved my life once, but twice. And despite what you said, the debt was not settled between us. Go, you granted me my life during my darkest hour, and I shall do the same to you’ I finished, before resheathing my rapier, and turning my back to him,
‘I thank you, and admire your honour. Remember, we shall meet again!’ Horge said, followed by a splash. The sun had risen, and the Green Dragon fleet was but a shadow of itself, fleeing in the few small boats that it had towards safety. It seemed Mia, Jefferson and Louis had cleaned up the rest of the enemy vessels. Yes, this was our victory, the greatest moment in my life.

[There, PM or post your comments to me, they are much appreciated!]

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 31,
A return to San Juan
Tortuga

Admiral Lorenzo was overjoyed, and could not stop thanking us for saving his fleet... I simply asked for my reward to be the captured Pirate vessels, which I would sell in San Juan, a reward he greatfully acccepted. Layfettee, the local governor, congradulated me for saving his town, and gave a reward of 10,000 gold to share amongst our crew members. We decided to accompany the cripled Spanish Fleet back to San Juan, and because of this, our voyage was slow. Our loot from the previous battle was one galleon, two merchanmen, two Barques and three Sloops... quite a haul, and I had divided my men between the ships...

it was almost a week and a half later before we anchored into the harbour of San Juan. I asked my men to gather at the ship tomorrow, when we would be dividing the considerable plunder... but I had a few things I had to do first. Namely, visiting my sister, who was at the Governors Masion, was the first thing. I accompanied Admiral Lorenzo, and Mia to the Goverrnors Mansion the Governor welcomed our party in immediatly.
'My dear Colonel di Rossi, welcome back!' Telzaro said happily
'Colonel? I thought you were only a major?' Mia asked
'So did I...' I replied
'Not no longer... your role in the Battle of Curacao was astounding, a brilliant piece of vengence for the sackings of Margarita and Coro, and then revealing da Silva as the villanous scum he was. But you then selflessly went to the aid of the spanish fleet in Tortuga bay, rescuing our fleet from certian defeat and embarisment, and destroying a great mennace, the Green Dragon Fleet. I think you deserve this promotion. Words of your deeds have been dispatched to Spain, I am sure the government will indeed be pleased,' Telzaro said
'Umm... thanks, but this was a bit unexpected...' I replied, surprised at this... 'and how has my sister been?'
'She is fine... let me speak to Lorenzo herewhile you go see how she is doing' Telzaro said, as me and Mia continued up to her room
'Brother, you are safe! I heard that you never reached your destenation... but to see you healthy and alive here is indeed a good thing' Aria wept, running over and hugging me.
'Ah yes, I am very well, I am now a Colonel, surprisingly...' I replied, 'I have actually gathered enough money to buy you a small flat somewhere in town... so I will not have to inconveniance Telzaro too much'
'That is good, I trust you had a good time plundering... any word on our Parents?' Aria asked
'Nothing on Mother and Father as of yet... however, we learned that our Uncle, Mia's father is in the custody of a certian Duke of Rotterdam... we do not know his present location, though...'
'Thats a shame...' Aria replied,
'Anyway, do you want to head house hunting this afternoon? I shall sell our plunder and then pick you up at three?' I asked
'Oh, yes, that would be nice!' Mia said, as we left the mansion to sell the boats that we captured. Thats where Jefferson caught up to us, 'Captian, need to speak to you!' he yelled
'What is it, Jefferson?'
'Well, I wish to offer you my services, I know that your family is missing, and that you are hunting for Rotterdam, so I am offering to stay here in San Juan and gather information...'
'Hmm, that is honourable of you... I'll give you one of the Pirate Sloops we captured to communicate with me... also, I will charge you, since you are stayong in this town, to protect my sister from mischivous Dukes and other nasty people...'
'Your sister is in town?'
'Meet me at the Governors Mansion at three and we will discuss things there' I replied, leaving Jefferson to go on his way
'The governers Mansion at three...' a voice said quietly from behind some barrels, 'I will be there to kill you in front of your sister...'
Returning to the Governors Mansion, after receving a considerable sum for the boats we sold, I found Aria and Jefferson talking, seeing me, he walked over to me, and said quietly, 'Do not fear, I shall let no one touch her... shes not my type, anyway...'
I smiled and was about to say somthing, when I was suddenly interupted
'Vile fiend! I have come for your head!'
Hang on, I thought, was that not my saying? I turned around to look at the person challanging me

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 31,
A return to San Juan
Tortuga

Admiral Lorenzo was overjoyed, and could not stop thanking us for saving his fleet... I simply asked for my reward to be the captured Pirate vessels, which I would sell in San Juan, a reward he greatfully acccepted. Layfettee, the local governor, congradulated me for saving his town, and gave a reward of 10,000 gold to share amongst our crew members. We decided to accompany the cripled Spanish Fleet back to San Juan, and because of this, our voyage was slow. Our loot from the previous battle was one galleon, two merchanmen, two Barques and three Sloops... quite a haul, and I had divided my men between the ships...

it was almost a week and a half later before we anchored into the harbour of San Juan. I asked my men to gather at the ship tomorrow, when we would be dividing the considerable plunder... but I had a few things I had to do first. Namely, visiting my sister, who was at the Governors Masion, was the first thing. I accompanied Admiral Lorenzo, and Mia to the Goverrnors Mansion the Governor welcomed our party in immediatly.
'My dear Colonel di Rossi, welcome back!' Telzaro said happily
'Colonel? I thought you were only a major?' Mia asked
'So did I...' I replied
'Not no longer... your role in the Battle of Curacao was astounding, a brilliant piece of vengence for the sackings of Margarita and Coro, and then revealing da Silva as the villanous scum he was. But you then selflessly went to the aid of the spanish fleet in Tortuga bay, rescuing our fleet from certian defeat and embarisment, and destroying a great mennace, the Green Dragon Fleet. I think you deserve this promotion. Words of your deeds have been dispatched to Spain, I am sure the government will indeed be pleased,' Telzaro said
'Umm... thanks, but this was a bit unexpected...' I replied, surprised at this... 'and how has my sister been?'
'She is fine... let me speak to Lorenzo herewhile you go see how she is doing' Telzaro said, as me and Mia continued up to her room
'Brother, you are safe! I heard that you never reached your destenation... but to see you healthy and alive here is indeed a good thing' Aria wept, running over and hugging me.
'Ah yes, I am very well, I am now a Colonel, surprisingly...' I replied, 'I have actually gathered enough money to buy you a small flat somewhere in town... so I will not have to inconveniance Telzaro too much'
'That is good, I trust you had a good time plundering... any word on our Parents?' Aria asked
'Nothing on Mother and Father as of yet... however, we learned that our Uncle, Mia's father is in the custody of a certian Duke of Rotterdam... we do not know his present location, though...'
'Thats a shame...' Aria replied,
'Anyway, do you want to head house hunting this afternoon? I shall sell our plunder and then pick you up at three?' I asked
'Oh, yes, that would be nice!' Mia said, as we left the mansion to sell the boats that we captured. Thats where Jefferson caught up to us, 'Captian, need to speak to you!' he yelled
'What is it, Jefferson?'
'Well, I wish to offer you my services, I know that your family is missing, and that you are hunting for Rotterdam, so I am offering to stay here in San Juan and gather information...'
'Hmm, that is honourable of you... I'll give you one of the Pirate Sloops we captured to communicate with me... also, I will charge you, since you are stayong in this town, to protect my sister from mischivous Dukes and other nasty people...'
'Your sister is in town?'
'Meet me at the Governors Mansion at three and we will discuss things there' I replied, leaving Jefferson to go on his way
'The governers Mansion at three...' a voice said quietly from behind some barrels, 'I will be there to kill you in front of your sister...'
Returning to the Governors Mansion, after receving a considerable sum for the boats we sold, I found Aria and Jefferson talking, seeing me, he walked over to me, and said quietly, 'Do not fear, I shall let no one touch her... shes not my type, anyway...'
I smiled and was about to say somthing, when I was suddenly interupted
'Vile fiend! I have come for your head!'
Hang on, I thought, was that not my saying? I turned around to look at the person challanging me

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[The final Chapter!]
Chapter 32; Maya Nanahouma, the sword of vengence
San Juan

who the person was shocked me completely, it was a young girl, of Oriental decent... suddenly it clicked, 'Ah, you must be Maya, Sai told me about you'
There was shock all round. Maya did not know what to say, Mia was shocked, Jefferson was clueless, as was Aria
'What? How did you know that I was her?' she asked
'I doubt many oriental women like yourself are in this end of the ocean, and only one would want to kill me. Pray tell, my dear, why do you want to slay me?' I replied, in a sickiningly sweet voice
'You, you killwd my brother! I will make you pay for this!'
'Perhaps, Marco, you should tell her the truth...' Mia said
'No, even if I did, she would not belive me,' he drew his sword, 'Very well, then, if your mind is set on a false vengence, then it is I who shall show you the errors that you belive in. Prepare yourself...'
'You scum,' she said, drawing her sword, 'I will kill you now!'
Maya swung her sword but by jumping back a little, I managed to dodge it, before thrusting my Rapier at her chest. Surprised by this, she immediatly changed the direction of her sword, parrying the blow, and falling into my trap...leting go of my sword, I dived to the ground, kicking one of her knees, and Maya, in turn fell over...
'Indeed, this dual is over, perhaps you are willing to listen to me now?' I asked
Maya looked at me with hatered in her eyes, as Jefferson took her sword away from her. I explained things to her, and how Sai died, carefully leaving out the fact that he was a traitor... (only three, no four people other people knew that fact)
'So,' replied Maya, 'you did not kill him?'
'Absolutly not! A man like that is worth more to me alive than dead... he was killed by his own agressiveness'
Maya stood up, snatching the sword off Jefferson, 'I will need some time to think this over,' she said, 'farewell'
With that over, we continued looking at flats for Aria, finding a nice one near the hinterland.

The next day was the day everyone was looking foward to, the day we divided up the plunder... All in all, there was about 100,000 gold pieces, and as captian, I gained almost 5000 of the loot, most of which went into paying for the flat for Aria. Bidding Jefferson and Aria farewell, the crew left San Juan to return to Cutlass Isle to Spend thier hard won gold, as did I and my Frigate and Sloop. The second sloop stayed under Jeffersons command, as he would relay news to me every so often. My second voyage was over, little did I know that the precursor to my third adventure had already begun...

(End of Second Voyage, Post comments if you want...)

Status of Ships;
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: