Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Battlefield 2!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Battlefield 2! Reply with quote

This game has me pre-occupied. It fits right into my male-driven sense of competition, and pride. "YOU CAN'T GET AWAY WITH THAT!" Boom, I'm back in another game, "JUST TO SHOW THEM!" It's nerve-wrangling, teeth grinding, cussing at a CRT good. It's also where I've been spending a lot of time lately. Each game lasts at least 25-minutes. I won't tell you how many I play each day. I tell myself I'll start playing sensibly "as soon as I get that next rank." And, I'm hoping I'll listen.

BUT, when the adrenelin rush starts to frazzling my nerves, and I'm so disgusted with my performance I want to become a press officer, I boot Pirates! I had no idea it was such a relaxing game, sailing on the briney blue, watching the clouds go by, blowin galleons to smithereens...relaxing.
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if you wan't some other "unrelaxing" games with no need to play sensibly, i just can't recommend DOOM, DOOM 2, DOOM TNT and DOOM Plutonia enough Guns Blazing If you finish the last level on Plutonia DOOM on nightmare difficulty i'm in unlimited awe Worship
Sullaford
Swabbie

453 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BF2 also had me occupied for quite some time... but my fiancée was rather upset about me wearing the headset and talking to strangers online.
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sullaford wrote:
BF2 also had me occupied for quite some time... but my fiancée was rather upset about me wearing the headset and talking to strangers online.
Headphones? I play the sound through a set of Yamaha studio cabs. When I hit afterburner in a jet, it shakes the pictures off the wall. Listen, kid. No girl is worth giving up a good game. Smile
Swabbie

453 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, a headset... you know, to use the VOIP feature... it's really fun that way.
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sullaford wrote:
yea, a headset... you know, to use the VOIP feature... it's really fun that way.
Yes, I have a headset and use VOIP as well as Teamspeak. But, nothing makes those guns roar like pushing your sound through a Fender mixer amp and two Yamaha cabinets driving a whopping 250 watts of sound. You'd think the tank is in the room with you.

But, that's not the point. If your fiance expects you to quit playing a game because you're talking to strangers on a mike...that's weird. You're not saying much more than, "Hey! He's behind the wall!" or "Do you see that sniper on the water tower?" If she objects to that, I'm thinking she's jealous of the time you spend with the game.

The POINT is, it's better you're HOME where she knows where you ARE, than if you're out and about playing OTHER games...she should feel lucky about it. That's my point.

However, you can't go wrong juicing up your sound system way past specs!
Swabbie

453 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, it's not that she wants me to quit, it's just that she'd rather I spend time with her seeing as how she's off to work by the time I wake up and it's past 9 at night when i get home.
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sullaford wrote:
No no, it's not that she wants me to quit, it's just that she'd rather I spend time with her seeing as how she's off to work by the time I wake up and it's past 9 at night when i get home.
I figured as much. You KNOW you can play that game WAAAAAAY too much. Maybe she's right (for now) Laughing
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In most cases, I'd rather be "playing" with my wife (or fiance in your case), than playing PC games. Anyway, once I've finished playing with the wife, I can get back onto the PC. Surprised

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Torbin
Powder Monkey

538 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get into Battlefield 2, but I fear my interest in it is weigning a little too quickly. I'm all for open competition, and a nice realistist military shooter, but I think DICE put too much thought into it. Ranking is okay, as long as it doesn't start throwing out bigger advantages. Which, unfortunatly it does. Maybe not my much, but it's still disturbing to me. In a First person shooter, fairness will either make or break a game.

Maybe I'll pick it back up when the end-of-august patch comes around... it sounds like they were working on quite a bit for that patch.
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torbin wrote:
Maybe I'll pick it back up when the end-of-august patch comes around... it sounds like they were working on quite a bit for that patch.
I think they let the BF 1942, et al, crowd influence way too much with this game. If history has taught us anything, it's taught us that patches rarely meet expectations.
Seaman

194 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With DICE, initial releases don't meet expectations either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: