Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Is the president stupid???Bush Quotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spetsnaz
Swabbie

969 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Is the president stupid???Bush Quotes Reply with quote

Anyway, I'm so thankful, and so gracious - I'm gracious that my brother Jeb is concerned about the hemisphere as well." -George W. Bush, June 4, 2001

"It's important for young men and women who look at the Nebraska champs to understand that quality of life is more than just blocking shots." -George W. Bush, in remarks to the University of Nebraska women's volleyball team, the 2001 national champions, May 31, 2001

"So on behalf of a well-oiled unit of people who came together to serve something greater than themselves, congratulations." -George W. Bush, in remarks to the University of Nebraska women's volleyball team, the 2001 national champions, May 31, 2001

"If a person doesn't have the capacity that we all want that person to have, I suspect hope is in the far distant future, if at all." -George W. Bush, May 22, 2001

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." -George W. Bush, May 14

"There's no question that the minute I got elected, the storm clouds on the horizon were getting nearly directly overhead." -George W. Bush, May 11, 2001

"But I also made it clear to (Vladimir Putin) that it's important to think beyond the old days of when we had the concept that if we blew each other up, the world would be safe." -George W. Bush, May 1, 2001

"First, we would not accept a treaty that would not have been ratified, nor a treaty that I thought made sense for the country." -George W. Bush, on the Kyoto accord, April 24, 2001

"It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce." -George W. Bush, at the Summit of the Americas in Quebec City, April 21, 2001

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican." -George W. Bush, declining to take reporters' questions during a photo op with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, April 21, 2001

"It is time to set aside the old partisan bickering and finger-pointing and name-calling that comes from freeing parents to make different choices for their children." -George W. Bush, on "parental empowerment in education," April 12, 2001

"I think we're making progress. We understand where the power of this country lay. It lays in the hearts and souls of Americans. It must lay in our pocketbooks. It lays in the willingness for people to work hard. But as importantly, it lays in the fact that we've got citizens from all walks of life, all political parties, that are willing to say, I want to love my neighbor. I want to make somebody's life just a little bit better." -George W. Bush, April 11, 2001

"This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -George W. Bush, April 10, 2001

"It would be helpful if we opened up ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge). I think it's a mistake not to. And I would urge you all to travel up there and take a look at it, and you can make the determination as to how beautiful that country is." -George W. Bush, at a White House Press conference, March 29, 2001

"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically." -George W. Bush, speaking at the Radio & Television Correspondents dinner, March 29, 2001

"A lot of times in the rhetoric, people forget the facts. And the facts are that thousands of small businesses - Hispanically owned or otherwise - pay taxes at the highest marginal rate." -George W. Bush, speaking to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, March 19, 2001

"But the true threats to stability and peace are these nations that are not very transparent, that hide behind the-that don't let people in to take a look and see what they're up to. They're very kind of authoritarian regimes. The true threat is whether or not one of these people decide, peak of anger, try to hold us hostage, ourselves; the Israelis, for example, to whom we'll defend, offer our defenses; the South Koreans." -George W. Bush, in a media roundtable discussion, March 13, 2001

"I do think we need for a troop to be able to house his family. That's an important part of building morale in the military." -George W. Bush, speaking at Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida, March 12, 2001

"I suspect that had my dad not been president, he'd be asking the same questions: How'd your meeting go with so-and-so? … How did you feel when you stood up in front of the people for the State of the Union Address-state of the budget address, whatever you call it." -George W. Bush, in an interview with the Washington Post, March 9, 2001

"Ann and I will carry out this equivocal message to the world: Markets must be open." -George W. Bush, at the swearing-in ceremony for Secretary of Agriculture Ann Veneman, March 2, 2001

"My pan plays down an unprecedented amount of our national debt." -George W. Bush, in his budget address to Congress, Feb. 27, 2001

"I have said that the sanction regime is like Swiss cheese - that meant that they weren't very effective." -George W. Bush, during a White House press conference, Feb. 22, 2001

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.'' -George W. Bush, Feb. 21, 2001

"It's good to see so many friends here in the Rose Garden. This is our first event in this beautiful spot, and it's appropriate we talk about policy that will affect people's lives in a positive way in such a beautiful, beautiful part of our national - really, our national park system, my guess is you would want to call it."-George W. Bush, Feb. 8, 2001

"We're concerned about AIDS inside our White House - make no mistake about it." -George W. Bush, Feb. 7, 2001

"There's no such thing as legacies. At least, there is a legacy, but I'll never see it." -George W. Bush, speaking to Catholic leaders at the White House, Jan. 31, 2001

"I appreciate that question because I, in the state of Texas, had heard a lot of discussion about a faith-based initiative eroding the important bridge between church and state." -George W. Bush, speaking to reporters, Washington, D.C., Jan. 29, 2001

"I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 29, 2001

"Then I went for a run with the other dog and just walked. And I started thinking about a lot of things. I was able to - I can't remember what it was. Oh, the inaugural speech, started thinking through that." -George W. Bush, in a pre-inaugural interview with U.S. News & World Report

"Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

"I'm hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

"The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

"If he's - the inference is that somehow he thinks slavery is a - is a noble institution I would - I would strongly reject that assumption - that John Ashcroft is a open-minded, inclusive person."-George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

"She's just trying to make sure Anthony gets a good meal - Antonio." -George W. Bush, on Laura Bush inviting Justice Antonin Scalia to dinner at the White House, Jan. 2001

"I want it to be said that the Bush administration was a results-oriented administration, because I believe the results of focusing our attention and energy on teaching children to read and having an education system that's responsive to the child and to the parents, as opposed to mired in a system that refuses to change, will make America what we want it to be - a more literate country and a hopefuller country." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

BUSHSPEAK - ACCIDENTAL WIT AND WISDOM

"It'll be hard to articulate." -George W. Bush, anticipating how he'll feel upon assuming the presidency, Jan. 2001

"I do remain confident in Linda. She'll make a fine labor secretary. From what I've read in the press accounts, she's perfectly qualified." -George W. Bush, commenting on Linda Chavez, Jan. 2001

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods." -George W. Bush, Dec. 20, 2000

"I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them." -George W. Bush, Dec. 20, 2000

"I also have picked a secretary for Housing and Human Development. Mel Martinez from the state of Florida." -George W. Bush, Dec. 20, 2000

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - so long as I'm the dictator." -George W. Bush, Dec. 19, 2000

"Dick Cheney and I do not want this nation to be in a recession. We want anybody who can find work to be able to find work." -George W. Bush, 60 minutes II, CBS, December 5, 2000

"The great thing about America is everybody should vote." -George W. Bush

"As far as the legal hassling and wrangling and posturing in Florida, I would suggest you talk to our team in Florida led by Jim Baker." -George W. Bush

"The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law." -George W. Bush, Nov. 2000

"They misunderestimated me." -George W. Bush, Nov. 2000

"If you don't stand for anything, you don't stand for anything!" -George W. Bush, Bellevue Community College, Nov. 2, 2000

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." -George W. Bush

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." -George W. Bush
"If affirmative action means what I just described, what I'm for, then I'm for it." -George W. Bush, during the third presidential debate

"The idea of putting subliminable messages into ads is ridiculous." -George W. Bush

"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." -George W. Bush

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." -George W. Bush

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." -George W. Bush

"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president." -George W. Bush, during the third presidential debate, Oct. 2000

"The woman who knew that I had dyslexia - I never interviewed her." -George W. Bush, responding to a magazine article claiming he suffered from dyslexia

"Laura and I are proud to call John and Michelle Engler our friends. I know you're proud to call him governor. What a good man the Englers are." -George W. Bush, Nov. 2000

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas." -George W. Bush, Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000

"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness." -George W. Bush, in a CNN online chat, Aug. 2000

"We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.'' -George W. Bush

"I'm gonna talk about the ideal world, Chris. I've read - I understand reality. If you're asking me as the president, would I understand reality, I do." -George W. Bush, on MSNBC's "Hardball"

"The fact that he relies on facts - says things that are not factual - are going to undermine his campaign." -George W. Bush on Al Gore

"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." -George W. Bush

"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It's what you do when you run for president. You gotta preserve." -George W. Bush, speaking during "Perseverance Month" at Fairgrounds Elementary School in Nashua, New Hampshire

"The senator has got to understand if he's going to have - he can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road." -George W. Bush, on Sen. John McCain

"When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us versus them, and it was clear who them was. Today we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2000

"I don't want to win? If that were the case, why the heck am I on the bus sixteen hours a day, shaking thousands of hands, giving hundreds of speeches, getting pillared in the press and cartoons and still staying on message to win?" -George W. Bush, Jan. 2000

"If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2000

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case." -George W. Bush

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." -George W. Bush

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" -George W. Bush

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign." -George W. Bush

"Actually, I - this may sound a little West Texas to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about - when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me." -George W. Bush

"I was raised in the West. The West of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California." -George W. Bush

"It was just inebriating what Midland was all about then." -George W. Bush, reflecting in 1994 about growing up in Midland, Texas
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops

spetsnaz
Swabbie

969 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cp. Kain
Gunner

4815 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- I've always said that...You should see my Headway students book for the 2000. Every page contained "Bush is a ******** (insert favourite)".
- I be meanin'...The idiot has an IQ of a dinosaur. Twisted Evil

Perhaps on the rare occasion pursuing the right course demands an act of Rock'n'Roll, Rock'n'Roll itself can be the right course?
spetsnaz
Swabbie

969 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IQ??????

wasn't QI
kvollmer
Cutthroat

6103 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: yeah but Reply with quote

In his defense I think we should give Bush a fair shake. I'm against him and it seems like everyone else here is too. But because of that I feel like I should defend him a bit in order to give him a fair shake.

First of all the man had average grades in Yale. I had about the same grades at the college I went to. (Presitigious and private, better then most schools but not as good as Yale.) No one calls me stupid for having average college grades.

Second of all I feel like his political skills and the way he runs certain things proves he has some intelligence.

Also has it ever occured to everyone that he's a very nervous speaker and even these days he makes stupid blunders in what he's saying because of nervousness. I mean if you look nearly all of his quotes could be attributed to nervousness. I mean "put food on your family" or "fool. . . can't fool me again" My pastor the first time he was helping lead a church service (as a lay minister not as a pastor) he was so nervous he couldn't even pronounce the word Jesus correctly and in his reading I he misread a word that would have changed the meaning of the whole sentence and taken at face value was heretical.

Yes I think he's wrong on most things and I think his corporate buddies are writing a lot of their own legislation but that doesn't really make him stupid, corrupt yes but not stupid.

Kirk Vollmer
Don't ever call me Captain Kirk.
Valparaiso University Alumni; Class of 2004
Azlat
Swabbie

2010 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk,

I appreciate your arguement. Each of us are entitles to our own opinion.

Me personally I am an independant. I like some of the Republican stuff and some of the Democrat stuff, but I feel that both are far from the mark. The needs of the country need to outsway any party politics and should be the mainstay of the governments guidance. That is why I feel voting turn outs are so low now a days.

I think that American politics has gone completely to the dogs and needs to be restructured from the top down.

But then again that's just my take on it.

Break forth cutlasses and pistols men, and remember the hell that forged you!!

YARR!!
kvollmer
Cutthroat

6103 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: agreed Reply with quote

I'm in agreement with you for the most part. I have a tendancy to vote for democrats but thats only because I've found them to be less damaging then republicans. Although I havn't seen a candidate for president in recent times that I ever got really excited about voting for.

I tend to get tired of all the straight party line voting they do in congress. So any time moderate senators get together and come up with a better solution and a comprimise its get for the country.

I think the solution is to start working on voter turn out during the primaries. If we could increase the number of voters going to primaries then we could out vote the extremists and get people on the ticket who can actually solve problems and not be the whip's lap dog.

Kirk Vollmer
van boelken
Seaman

492 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Razz Razz Razz Razz Arrow Feeling Sick Feeling Sick Feeling Sick Feeling Sick Feeling Sick Feeling Sick Feeling Sick Feeling Sick Feeling Sick Feeling Sick Feeling Sick Feeling Sick Feeling Sick Guns Blazing Guns Blazing Guns Blazing
jbsmith
Cutthroat

835 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still recall when then VP Dan Quail came to a nearby town for a visit.
There was a mild recession going on at the time.
The Local Newspaper reported this about his visit,
No Joke,,this really did happen.
Dan Quayle saw a "Help Wanted" sign in the window of a Burger King.
Dan Quayle pointed that out as a sign that the economy was starting to recover.
It was then explained to him,,very carefully,,that most of the jobs at
BK are part-time minimum wage......................
kvollmer
Cutthroat

6103 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

Thats part of the problem I have with Republican's, they see job increases and they say the economy is doing great. But they themselves seemingly have never worked for minimum wage or don't understand that the local fast food joint isn't what American's call opprotunity.

I mean our economy has recovered partially and Bush is trying to soak up all the credit he can but yet really the only job's that have increased is really crappy jobs. I'm a college graduate with a batchlor of science in business administration, and I studied Finance specifically. I also have a small amount of accounting talent and experience. But I am working right now for $9 an hour.

Now granted I'm a recent college graduate and I have to get my resume back out there but still, I sort of feel cheated because back when I was in high school everyone was basically telling you, work hard, apply yourself, study hard, invest in a college education and you'll get a good job right out of college. (they never even mentioned graduate education.) and now after I get finished with college it feels like they are saying, oops my bad you actually need a master's degree now. Of course I spent so much money in loans just getting my undergrad degree (since my parents didn't think I was really smart enough for college til my Junior year of high school when I still had high grades.)

Now the problem I have with democrats is sometimes they seem to have no sense of honor. (Thats the best way I could put it.) Now what I mean by that is listen to Democratic reasons why abortion should be legal . . . etc.

"Its better that it be safe and legal, then not safe and illegal." So the reason its legal is because if its illegal people will do it anyways but not be safe about it? Its principle man, its a bad thing you recognize its a bad thing by principle it should be illegal. I don't care if people do it unsafely its their fault for breaking the law but by principle it should be illegal. Just like prostitution is illegal in 49 of 50 states by principle.

The same thing with sex education, conservatives favor abstenence only education while liberals want to teach kids how to use contraceptives. True enough teaching with contraceptives has been more effective in preventing teen pregnancy then teaching abstnence only. However on principle I don't want my kids learning about how to use contraceptives because you might as well be rubber stamping it. Go ahead and have sex kiddies, just use a condom! The problem is we're fighting a war against the culture of those schools and the culture of those schools says that its cool to have sex. Teaching kids to use contraceptives is basically like surrendering to that culture, while I feel like we should be working with parents, teachers, and students to try and change that culture. The reason teens are having sex now and they wheren't (as much) in the 50's is partially because the media has rubber stamped it. (Look at how many shows feature teenage characters who have sex but suffer no ill effects or pregnancy.) vs shows that feature teenage parents, aids victims or people that actually wait til marriage... Now remember we're also talking about actual shows that a teenager might want to watch so Montel Williams doesn't count. (I never watched but dawson's creek was heavily marketed to teens and from my understanding was all about the sex lives of teenagers.) Expectations and social pressures need to change and I don't feel like a fight for the future, health, and safety of our children (Yes teenagers are CHILDREN) is a fight that we should ever give up on, even if we happen to be losing at the moment.

Obviously this is an issue close to my heart (strange cause I'm only 23 and I don't have any kids.) and I could go on and on about it for a while but I'll get off my soapbox for a while. (Steps off soapbox)

Kirk Vollmer
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: yeah Reply with quote

kvollmer wrote:
I mean our economy has recovered partially and Bush is trying to soak up all the credit he can but yet really the only job's that have increased is really crappy jobs. I'm a college graduate with a batchlor of science in business administration, and I studied Finance specifically. I also have a small amount of accounting talent and experience. But I am working right now for $9 an hour.

Shocked

Heh, you crazy Americans, 24 years and you're making 9$ a friggin' hour! C'mon man, stop the moneygrubbing and go on vacation to India for a year. On a month's salary. This is what the tweens are for! Personally I recommend China, but I've met very few Americans there who could take it (The Aussies did real well though), so maybe India's a better idea. You're looking to be a pastor, aren't you? Then go out and see God's creation man. There's nothing you'll regret later in life than missing out on what you could only do earlier.

caity111
Powder Monkey

357 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my physics teacher has a calender of bush quotes...he read em every class and they are hilarious lol Sailor

Last edited by caity111 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
kvollmer
Cutthroat

6103 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: seeing Reply with quote

Oh I definatly want to travel in the future. Problem is and always has been money. Thats why I'm not at seminary right now (I have $30,000 in loans from my undergrad years)

I'd love to visit other nations but I'd only live abroad if I had to or there was a very lucrative offer in it. I have nothing against foriegn nations but I've been to Europe, I want to visit it again some time but there would honestly have to be a good reason for me to live there. It just doesn't have the same feeling and comforts as home.

The list of places I eventually want to visit is.

1. Rome
2. Britain (I actually think the British accent is very cool and I love to hear it and would love to pick it up.)
3. Germany (mainly for WW2 stuff and berlin wall)
4. Jerusalem and the holy land.
5. Australia
6. China/Japan (Japan actually kind of sounds cooler but I wouldn't mind visiting China. Not sure how well I would take it considering I live in a town of 20,000 people and the pop density there is pretty rough)

There are lots of other places I want to visit. But money and time is a big thing and American's by culture don't get to travel around a lot.

Kirk Vollmer
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: