Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Your Favourite Dance Music?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Your Favourite Dance Music? Reply with quote

I did a search and found no topic that deals with this - so let's hear your opinion!

I tried to make a POLL of it, but there were too many options and I didn't want to leave any of them out, so please supply your answer in writing. Since songs don't have a name (And saying "That one I hear when I dance with the beautiful English daughter sometimes" is as pointless as saying "That country America invaded that time"), please supply the FILENAME. If you don't know which is which (none of us really do), finding it out couldn't be easier - just look in your Pirates!\Assets\Sounds\Dance\Music folder, they're all there, and they're just simple WAVs so you can listen to them with winamp or whatever.

As mentioned in my SOLs in 1600 thread, my personal favourite is Dance34Normal-000, which myself and my wife used to dance VERY often to back in St. Eustatius, every time I'd come back from an English-Killing Sortie spent looking for SOLs. It would just lift my spirits from the protracted search for the Elusives.

So... What's yours?

rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Zito The Bubbleman" by Ceolbeg
Very hard to find.
fossaman
Gunner

3515 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the following:

Dance34Normal 001
Dance34Normal 003
Dance34Normal 005

Surprisingly enough, I've never actually heard some of these in the game. I wonder why?

Like my fossa? He's a pirate! Razz
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fossaman wrote:
I like the following:

Dance34Normal 001
Dance34Normal 003
Dance34Normal 005

Surprisingly enough, I've never actually heard some of these in the game. I wonder why?

I think I've never heard 001 in the game either. 003 is possibly one of the most common, if not THE most. I've encountered 005 here and there, but it's indeed rare. I think it's related to the fact that I can't imagine dancing correctly to one of them - their rarity must be linked to their difficulty, or maybe they decided that 001 was too difficult and removed it from the game but left the file there by mistake (like lots of other stuff with this game Wink)

Phal
Powder Monkey

79 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance24normal001 is really beautiful, and is a simple 3/4 beat. I have no idea why they would remove it from the selection. I would imagine it would be as easy to dance to as any other song on the list.

I wish I heard it a lot more often.
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite dance music is anything done by the band War! Me & Baby Brother, Cisco Kid, Low Ri-Der. OOOOPS! Wrong game!
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airsaw wrote:
My favorite dance music is anything done by the band War! Me & Baby Brother, Cisco Kid, Low Ri-Der. OOOOPS! Wrong game!
And about as historically accurate as the music in the game!!!!
Capt Peter Blackthorne
Cutthroat

1827 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phal wrote:
Dance24normal001 is really beautiful, and is a simple 3/4 beat.

Wow, that's not even in my folder. I wonder what that means?

I got some new tunes when I added the Theme Pack, but it's odd that certain .wavs that are still in the folder (such as Dance44Normal-001 and Dance44Normal-004) are never played in the game.
Arawn
Powder Monkey

553 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the song that plays when you've defeated a pirate/evil henceman.
Not sure how you'd dance to it though, probably just get drunk and stumble around. Buddies
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think I've never heard 001 in the game either. 003 is possibly one of the most common, if not THE most. I've encountered 005 here and there, but it's indeed rare. I think it's related to the fact that I can't imagine dancing correctly to one of them - their rarity must be linked to their difficulty, or maybe they decided that 001 was too difficult and removed it from the game but left the file there by mistake (like lots of other stuff with this game )

Well, i have actually heard 34normal001 two times in my last swashbuckler game, but it's a hell dancing to, because of the shifting tempo throughout the song. But it seems that 34normal001 and 44normal001 only occurs on swashbuckler difficulty to my experience (although 44normal001 isn't hard dancing to at all)

btw, my favorite dance music must be 44normal004, it's just so fast and varying, and a nice melody too Wink
Karnik
Swabbie

3329 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

44normal001 is the only one I've not yet encountered in the game, so something to look forward to. Smile

My favorite in general is 34normal001 -- it's exciting to dance to, and I can get swept up in it. Although I quite enjoy the atmosphere provided by 44normal000 when I'm in a Spanish town.
DuxCorvan
Powder Monkey

140 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for your interest:

Dance34Normal-000.wav / -Really popular, still searching-
Dance34Normal-001.wav / Johann S. Bach / Brandenburg Concert Nr.4 BWV 1049 / 1st movement (Allegro)
Dance34Normal-002.wav / Georg F. Händel / Flute Sonata Op.1 Nr.5 HWV 363b / 5th movement (Menuetto)
(Self borrowed and adapted for the last movement of Concerto Grosso Op.3 Nr.3 HWV 315)
Dance34Normal-003.wav / Johann S. Bach / Ouverture Nr.2 BWV 1067 / 6th movement (Menuet)
Dance34Normal-004.wav / Johann S. Bach / Ouverture Nr.1 BWV 1066 / 5th movement (Menuet)
Dance34Normal-005.wav / Georg F. Händel / Water Musick HWV 348-350 / Menuet
Dance34Normal-006.wav / -A dance from early 17th Century, still searching-
Dance44Normal-000.wav / -Original music made for the game. I find it inspired in some J. Dowland lute tunes-
Dance44Normal-001.wav / -Possible chamber work. I really know the tune but can't place it now-
Dance44Normal-002.wav / Georg F. Händel / Flute Sonata Op.1 Nr.5 HWV 363b / 4th movement (Bourrée)
Dance44Normal-003.wav / Johann S. Bach / Ouverture Nr.3 BWV 1068 / 3rd movement (Gavotte)
Dance44Normal-004.wav / -Still searching. Sounds like a folk tune-

Last edited by DuxCorvan on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
fossaman
Gunner

3515 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have a recording that's the same as 34 normal 000...not sure. Let me check.

Like my fossa? He's a pirate! Razz
Hess4177
Powder Monkey

1203 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting fact:

One of the dance themes, not sure which one but one of them, is used in Civ 4 as the little ditty that plays when you build a Theater.

Don't you love Sid Meier and his nostalgia-ness?
"Throughout my years as a pirate hunter, I've come to realize that stabbing a pirate in the liver is quite useless. Their liver is already ruined from all the rum, and by the powers a sword ain't gonna do no worse." ~Karl Schenberg
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: