Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Buried Treasure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bloody Jake
Powder Monkey

349 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Buried Treasure Reply with quote

So I've found all 9 of the other pirates buried treasure. Is there still more buried treasure to be found? I ask because after finding all those, I've sailed past areas where I hadn't been previously in the game and the map marker 'Treasure landmark" or whatever it is shows up. I wasn't sure if there's more buried stuff to look for or not so haven't bothered and have been concentrating treasure galleons and bounties.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will also assemble maps that will lead you to your four lost relatives (sister, uncle, aunt, grandfather) and the four lost cities (Inca, Aztec, Maya, Olmec). These maps tend to be more challenging than those for the pirate treasures.
Bloody Jake
Powder Monkey

349 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I just got the first map piece for the "sister quest" last night. I'm spending most of my tiime just exploring and raiding ships. Haven't gotten brave enough to try my hand @ raiding towns yet. I'm looking forward to the rest of the quests. Actually, that leads me to my next question- Do the locations of the treasure, relatives & lost cities change with each new game or do they stay in the same spot with each new game?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The location of each treasure, relative, or lost city is determined randomly when you acquire the first piece of the map. So it varies from game to game.
Stryker1sf
Powder Monkey

709 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The treasure and the relatives are spread out throughout the game, though I've noticed that the treasure is usually (not always) fairly close to the city or town where you first obtained a piece of the map.

The lost cities are always over in Central America or Mexico (though once I found one clear up in Texas) as is Montalban's hideout, thus leading to the strategy of finding a beautiful wife over there (Vera Cruz, Villa Hermosa and Campeche, Port Royale is marginal for this, Havana and Florida Keys can be made to work) and dancing your way to fortune from those cities.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stryker1sf wrote:
The treasure and the relatives are spread out throughout the game, though I've noticed that the treasure is usually (not always) fairly close to the city or town where you first obtained a piece of the map.

The more so on lower difficulty levels. On harder difficulties, I haven't noticed this (although I tend to move around a lot and never stay in one spot for long enough to really notice if the treasure was close by when I got the first piece...).
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: