Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Should I dance with everyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Dancing Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckaneer Rogers
Swabbie

474 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman wrote:
I would dance just about any girls for the first game year to collect items and information. But, by 3rd game year... I only dance with the beautiful ones.

Obviously... it helps to download all those governors' daughter mod to make the whole dance experience more pleasing to the eyes...

Although, I have not find any direct correlation between the images and my hand movement... but, on the emotional front... I am more inclined to dance well when I see a beautiful dance partner. Loving

KBob's mods made my dancing experience a lot more hawt. I highly recommend them!
Jim Hawkins _BR
Powder Monkey

117 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

I jsut dance to get the gifts that they give to me... so I dance with all of them. But when I am in a hurry just dont dance.

-Mighty Pirate.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Dancing with Plain Daughters Reply with quote

One thing to consider, when you dance with a Plain Daughter and do NOT get the dip, she tips you in on an outlaw to catch. Catching outlaws is a good way to get the Medicinal Herbs, Incan Salve, and Dancing shoes/boots. These are very valuable. Also, catching a criminal is worth a LOT towards promotions.
Salty Wink
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Dancing with Plain Daughters Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
One thing to consider, when you dance with a Plain Daughter and do NOT get the dip, she tips you in on an outlaw to catch. Catching outlaws is a good way to get the Medicinal Herbs, Incan Salve, and Dancing shoes/boots. These are very valuable. Also, catching a criminal is worth a LOT towards promotions.
Salty Wink

Yes, and if, for your next promotion, you return to the governor whose daughter gave you the tip on the criminal you captured, you get an extra bonus - two points towards the promotion or an extra 100 acres.
MikedaSnipe
Powder Monkey

228 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone else think there are a lot of golddiggers on this thread?

"sure i'll dance with them, they will give me shoes"
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my current game, for some strange reason, I'm consistently dancing passably with the plain daughters, and very well with the attractive and beautiful daughters. So, I haven't been able to acquire any items, and I've been given information about sedentary criminals that I don't care to capture yet!

*watching my on-screen hero miss a flourish*

Me: "Oh, come on, I had that one!"

So, I have to go to that Mysterious Stranger to buy items.

Neutral
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikedaSnipe wrote:
does anyone else think there are a lot of golddiggers on this thread?

"sure i'll dance with them, they will give me shoes"

Not Gold Diggin' at all MikedaSnipe, just getting what was destined to by mine when I decided to take on the Carribbean. I can buy these trinkets, or, I can defeat a criminal to get them, or, I can dance with the wench, and she can just put them into my open hand.

Getting the items is part of the plot, so I'll get them all. I've bought them all, but that is quite a waste of me gold, so I'll dance for my dinner, or some special items, when the time is right.

Grab your sword, have some game!!
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asclepius wrote:
...just getting what was destined to by mine when I decided to take on the Carribbean.

Precisely. It's all ready, now you have to go out and earn it!

Asclepius furthermore wrote:
Getting the items is part of the plot, so I'll get them all. I've bought them all, but that is quite a waste of me gold...

Obtaining the items early is one of my main strategies. I could capture the criminals and get an item from them in exchange for their freedom, but that might mean sailing to Barbados to capture them, when I'm nearer to Havana, and that kind of travel is a waste of game time...

The other reason is that I feel it would be dishonorable to let a criminal go! I'd prefer to buy the item with the money I gain from a reward, and I receive favor from the nation that declared that fellow a criminal.

Or I could bear down a bit more, and dance a bit better with the plain daughters...
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riddari wrote:
One thing to keep in mind, which I just figured out, is that after you have tracked down your family, there is no reason to offer any daughter a diamond necklace, since the ruby ring will get the same reward. So, you can save a lot of money.

I've heard this Ruby Ring verses the Diamond Necklace comment in several threads, but if you've got the Necklace, you can't give the Ring. I've been sailing till I'm 52 in my current game and have just refused to own the Necklace. If you can have it, and not give it, how do you?

Can you? I think not. So, plunder, pillage and keep the wench's happy!!
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a necklace you can't give a ring.

Therefore, I never buy the necklace (until maybe late in the game when I'm married and not planning to romance any more daughters). As far as I'm concerned, there's never a reason to give away a necklace - they're just too expensive. A ring will advance the romance subplot just fine. And plain daughters don't even get rings!
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don'tcha just hate it when you pay the traveler 5,000 for the necklace , then give it up to a plain daughter and she gives you a tip on a wanted criminal with a 2,000 bounty on his head? I usually look for necklaces in the smaller settlements, prices for rings and necklaces can sometimes be a bit cheaper. Once I get enough gold to keep the crew happy I don't mind paying the extra for necklaces, even if I only get a tip on a 1,000 GP wanted criminal. It's like a shopping spree at Tiffanys.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're on the subject of the prices of items offered by strangers . . .

I haven't bothered yet to work out the mathematical formula for item prices, but they depend on 1) the difficulty level you're playing at, and 2) the wealth level of the city or settlement you're in. Prices tend to be lower in settlements, but that might just be because they are less wealthy than most cities. "Improved" items always cost three times as much as "basic" items.

There might be a third factor in prices that I have yet to figure out, but I'm pretty sure there is no random factor in the prices. When I replay a port visit multiple times, the stranger might offer me a different item each time, but the price is always the same (except that improved items cost more than basic items).
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
When I replay a port visit multiple times, the stranger might offer me a different item each time, but the price is always the same (except that improved items cost more than basic items).

Improved items always cost more, but I find that I can get a lower price on something if I "shop around."

Aren't items cheaper in settlements, and more costly in rich cities? I should keep track in a new game...

loki59 wrote:
Don'tcha just hate it when you pay the traveler 5,000 for the necklace , then give it up to a plain daughter and she gives you a tip on a wanted criminal with a 2,000 bounty on his head?

Shocked

Aye, hearty hatred to that 3000 doubloon loss (funnily, here we are playing a game about robbing the rich to make our hero richer, and when we get the worst of a deal, it's not fair! Very Happy).That's why I don't buy diamond necklaces anymore. I get map pieces from rescued daughters or my Duchess (I'm always a Duke when I get married, by thunder)!

Roland wrote:
A ring will advance the romance subplot just fine.

Aye! My sentiments exactly. No one gets a diamond necklace, because I don't buy any!

Asclepius wrote:
So, plunder, pillage and keep the wench's happy!!

My hero's wife is just overjoyed if he comes home a dozen weeks in twenty-five years...my crew is a little harder to please, methinks! They want money, money, money...pirates, go figure 'em...

Dave the Knave recently in his ship's log wrote:
In my current game, for some strange reason, I'm consistently dancing passably with the plain daughters, and very well with the attractive and beautiful daughters. So, I haven't been able to acquire any items, and I've been given information about sedentary criminals that I don't care to capture yet!

Well, that was fixed yesterday, by thunder! I let a criminal go so that I could get some Incan Mystic Salve- a good deal, I reckon. Then I danced superbly with a plain French daughter in Santa Marta and got the Concertina in that amazing little box she gave me! Now I've got health and merriment! Arrr!
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:
Improved items always cost more, but I find that I can get a lower price on something if I "shop around."

Aren't items cheaper in settlements, and more costly in rich cities? I should keep track in a new game...

Yes, the wealthier the city, the higher the prices for items. I also shop around.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: