Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Cumana, the ever wealthy city!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Blood
Cutthroat

6396 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Cumana, the ever wealthy city!!! Reply with quote

I'm currently playing one of the longest running games I've ever had.
I started as a Journeyman, English, default era. My character has completed all the quests, rescued his entire family except for the grandfather, I know where he is now and am on my way over to "south of Vera Cruz" to rescue him too. I've ranked to Duke with all four nations. I've got a KILLER SoTL to tool around in.
I've got a crew of over 500 men and they just seem to stay happy as clams all the time. The last time I divided the plunder was about five years ago game time but my crew is still smiling for some reason. Maybe it's because I've got over 400,000 gold...
Thumbs Up
So, like I said, I'm tooling my way over to Vera Cruz and I come up to Cumana, it's a "wealthy Spanish stronghold". Well, can't have THAT, now can we!
Greedy
So in I sail and attack the town (240 soldiers, not bad).
Guns Blazing
Victorious
I sack it, take 5400 gold, but leave it Spanish so I can sack it again when I'm on my way back to St. Kitts.
As I leave the town I happen to glance at it again.
It still says "wealthy Spanish stronghold".
"Huh?", says I.
Lost
So I turn around and sack it again. This time there's only 100 soldiers who I defeat soundly.
Guns Blazing
Victorious
I get 5200 gold this time. Still leave it Spanish, same reason.
I leave the town...
Sailor
Look back at it...
Smooth Sailing
It STILL says "wealthy Spanish stronghold".
Shocked
So...
I sail back into it, sack it again, 100 soldiers...
Guns Blazing
Victorious
Take 3900 gold. Leave it Spanish. Sail away...
Sailor
Look back...
Smooth Sailing
It STILL says "wealthy Spanish stronghold"!!!!!!!!!!!
If there were an emoticon for "What the F@^$!!!!!!" I would put that in right here.
I have now sacked Cumana SIX times, in a row, with no ships getting past me to re-up their wealth. Every time since the first there have been 100 soldiers. Every time I take between 3500 and 5200 gold. Every time I leave it still says "wealthy Spanish stronghold".
Lost
I'm NOT complaining, I'm just wondering...
What's up with this?
Even weirder is that each time there are about 45 to 60 men ready to join my crew at the tavern after each sacking. So I've been able to keep my crew up to well over 400 men and can just turn around and sack the town again, snap up a few men, sail on out, turn around, do it again.
I'm going to keep this up until it stops, obviously, but it is very, very strange.
No?
Cussler
Cutthroat

2686 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously the people of Cumana are slow learners. Smile

But that is strange.

Maybe your attacks are driving away portions of the population, like an Indian Attack, constantly upping the wealth? I don't know.

Either way, keep mining that vein until it's dry! Thumbs Up
Captain Blood
Cutthroat

6396 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

Update:
I continued to sack Cumana ELEVEN times total. Each time it stayed wealthy, each time I picked up at least 45 men while in town, each time I got at least 3900 gold.
Finally on leaving after sacking #11 the town said "Poor Spanish stronghold" and I could sail away knowing I had tapped that vein for all it was worth.
Very Happy

I sailed on over to "south of Vera Cruz", rescued me ol' gran'dad and am now sailing back up around Havana to see what kind of trouble I can get into there.
Hopefully there will be another Spanish city that stays wealthy while I sack it repeatedly.
I'm not holding my breath, but you just never know!!!

Finding Treasure
Eternal
Powder Monkey

320 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I wish I was you. I sack cities 13 times in a row and get 500 gold Crying or Very sad I get a bounty of like 14k on my head though

Least your crew will be happy for a bit longer. I'll have to keep this in mind for later Twisted Evil

How many men would you say are required (at minimum) to sack it? On apprentice that is.
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually it will be wealthy again, don't worry. Then you can mine 'ze vein again. Wink
To Eternal, if it had 240 soldiers by default, 200-300 are a good idea to start with (Tactics+a bit of luck=defeat superior numbers).
I wish one could kill himself and gain the bounty, which would then be given to someone else Razz
Valus
Powder Monkey

295 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sacked santiago about 21 times and everytime I got 3000 gold or more and at the last sack there were no soldiers in the town. And it stayed a wealthy Spanish Capital all time!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: