Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Stumble Timing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooncusser
Powder Monkey

1572 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Stumble Timing Reply with quote

I have had trouble timing my stumbles. Can anyone help? Is it left, left, pause, right, or left, pause, left, right?

Actually, my real question is: Does anybody know if, assuming you stumble at some point, it makes a difference whether it is relatively earlier or later in the dance?

It seems like dances where I stumble near the beinning, I can recover from the mistake and still do well (spin & dip). On dances where I stumble near the end, I may still succeed, but will likely only get a hand-kiss.

Does the "scoring system" not dock you as many points when you don't have any built up in the beginning? (e.g. - the heartbeat is already small at the beginning, so it doesn't reduce her desire for you as much as near the end when she is quite smitten with you ---- until you fall on your face.)
kvollmer
Cutthroat

6103 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Min score Reply with quote

Well you have to look at it this way. When you start off dancing your score starts off at 0. If you stumble immediatly it stays at 0. If you stumble a bit later it docks all the points up to 0 and leave you there. Which means you still have plenty of time to rack up the points to have a successful dance. However stumbling at the end can kill you cause you have very little time left to make up for those points. Plus your taking the full loss of points for the stumble. Now its difficult to quantify it in terms of the amount of points you lose but you understand how it works now hopefully.

Kirk Vollmer
Don't ever call me Captain Kirk.
Valparaiso University Alumni; Class of 2004
Mooncusser
Powder Monkey

1572 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that's what I thought was happening - I just wasn't sure and wanted to check with the rest of you.

Thanks.
caster89
Seaman

1579 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you rack up the points early in the dance, then near the end you can afford to make more mistakes.
but yeah, you also have less time to make them up, i dont really like dancing all that much, so i just kind blow it off
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: