Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Why dont the bucaneers shoot sometimes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Battles Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcwong
Powder Monkey

203 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides choosing which unit to move first, you can also spend some of the unit's movement points, move another unit, then return to spend the rest.

I frequently attack cities with fewer crew than their soldiers... usually 100 to 200 men less. And I don't try to sneak into the gates... I always eliminate them Smile

I make use of the battlefield... set traps. Hide just out of range and make them come out in the open to get me, then flank them. Have 1 unit stand out so it becomes the sole target of gunfire - and lure the enemies to turn their backs on your other units.
Luiz
Cutthroat

2182 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kvwong ,
I can only assume 2 things. Smooth Sailing
1. You are not in firing range.
2. If you fire and you do not see them fall.

N°2 you still have casualties but don't see it visualy .

I am not a pro at the game but it is what I think. Lost

Maybe Rupert , Airsaw and those guys have a better explaination Wink
kcwong
Powder Monkey

203 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Luiz: I'm not the thread starter... I don't have problem with my bucs not firing Smile

But if you're responding to my post... then yeah, I keep out of range, so the soldiers can't fire at me. And if they do have something in range to fire at, I give them an obvious target - a throw-away unit - so my other units will be at full strength when they attacks, as well as luring them to turn their backs on my units so I can flank them without moving one square first.
Chiko
Seaman

273 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just a beginner in this game but I noticed that when you command your bucanners to fire and the target is too far away they don't cause damage but they actually reduce the target's morale... so you don't loose that turn! Very Happy
it doesn't happen if the target is in a forest so if you have incoming infantry (or other ranged unit) you only have to hide your bucanners in forets to shoot them and pirates behind if they get too close. but if they get too close and you were shooting them before don't worry, with the low morale they will run away in no time... in addition to this, if the combat was too easy for your pirates and they only use one move to charge them, they will be able to move again Victorious
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Battles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: