Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Trying to find lost aunt.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James1566
Powder Monkey

56 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Trying to find lost aunt. Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I see other people have had problems similer to mine iv tried to follow the instructions but they didnt help. Any where here it goes

Im looking for my aunt the map says in the vicinity of gran Granada. iv found my sister and my uncle. the map has an x on it so she should be here right? I have looked for several hours around gran granada iv walked all over the place and their arent any landmarks besides captians reef which might not even be right since their isnt any thing close to it. besides lots and lots of trees.
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta go waaayyy north of Gran Granada up near the southrn shore of Bay of Honduras. best to sail NE around the Yucatan Passage.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"in the vicinity of" does not mean that it is very close to the city. It may be just that it is the closest city (settlements do not count). Sometimes, you need to be very cross-eyed indeed to see the named city as the closest one, but that's how it works.
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
mark s selley
Swabbie

57 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: shove off...................... Reply with quote

......................and approach from another angle like they say above stare at that map there is a hint no coast any where you just gotta keep searchin ...........if crew gives you a hard time divide go with small crew lots of food keep your directions straight ..i've caught myself goin around in circles!!!! Shocked
Captain Riddle
Swabbie

2171 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have all four pieces of the map? I've had maps that clearly say "Search in the vicinity of [city]" but then if I get the final section it will magically change to say something like "Search north of [city]." With Gran Grenada it's usually either a "North of" map where it's near the coast way up north of it, or somewhere to the south if it sticks as a "vicinity" one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: