Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Difficult Dancing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Dancing Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I generally avoid dancing with beautiful daughters before I have the Calfskin Boots. For me, they make a big difference.

I generally avoid all dancing until I have the footwear! I feel bad for my alter ego when I mess up, and I don't make much progress, until...

Dave the Knave strides into the tavern. His confident gait attracts the attention of everyone in the common room.

He hides his consternation well. He has been stumbling on every dance floor from St. Martin to Barbados. Where are those Calfskin Boots, he cries in his heart. But he will not despair.

After a nonchalant chat with the always adoring barmaid- he'd flirt with her, but he's too honest a man to lead her on- he approaches the Mysterious Traveler.

The Traveler nods at Dave, who returns the greeting.

"I've got some Calfskin Boots here, that'll help ye out in the courtin' way," grins the Traveler. Maybe he's heard about Dave's misfortunes...

Our valiant, coordination-challenged hero makes an effort to control his emotions and succeeds.

"Aye, such Boots would be of service to me," is his cool reply to the Traveler. "How much?"

"1400 gold," is the mild answer. "Interested?"

"Aye," says Dave, who flips the Traveler a 1400 doubloon piece*.

Dave lingers in the tavern for a bit, then saunters out. A safe distance away, he shouts,"WOOOOTTT!" and runs back to his ship to practice some slick Bouree** moves that'll knock the ladies' stockings off!

Victorious
Notes:

*I know there aren't any 1400 doubloon pieces. Still, we've all seen our character flip only one coin at the Traveler upon every purchase, be it for map pieces, family information, or for a Diamond Necklace!

**The Bouree was a dance highly popular in the Baroque Era.
Smile

Quote:
...some criminal in Vera Cruz which I don't have time to go fight...

Aye, I usually get information on a criminal that is hiding in a city where I won't go for another decade!

Still, no worries, matey. Just catch him next time yer in the area; there's no time limit on such a petty rogue. Years later, he'll still be hangin' around- like a pirate in a gibbet...
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:

"I've got some Calfskin Boots here, that'll help ye out in the courtin' way," grins the Traveler. Maybe he's heard about Dave's misfortunes...

Our valiant, coordination-challenged hero makes an effort to control his emotions and succeeds.

"Aye, such Boots would be of service to me," is his cool reply to the Traveler. "How much?"

"1400 gold," is the mild answer. "Unfortunately, you only have....."

Dave lingers in the tavern for a bit, then saunters out, head hangin low.

Shocked Razz Shocked
Capt. Cannon
Cutthroat

151 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="loki59"]
Dave the Knave wrote:

Nobody likes a heartbroken pirate...

Johnny Ringo- "This fight isn't with you"
Doc Holliday-"I bed to Diffuh."
(Tombstone)

http://www.fishnj.netfirms.com/

Capt. Cannon <((((((<
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Laughing

That is what usually happens when I get offered a ruby ring for the first time...

If I were short of cash, maybe I could lease the boots...or why couldn't I start a sword fight over 'em? The traveler doesn't need the boots...nor does the poor cove he bumped off to get 'em...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: