Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Last Notorious pirate
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skiguy21
Powder Monkey

254 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Last Notorious pirate Reply with quote

Ok i have to capture one more pirate (Bart Roberts)..The quest tells me to go to Antiqua and that he was last seen there 326 months ago..so i figured hes long gone..so i've been searching everywhere and he is nowere..i have searched his home port (port Freedom) and still can't find him.. i have asked people at the tavern..and no one says anything. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i do..?
Overt Stipend
Powder Monkey

857 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran into a similar problem and here is what worked for me. I had gotten so focused on sailing around looking I stopped dancing, buying and giving gifts, bounty hunting, rescuing etc. Once I got back into these activities a grateful Governor's daughter told me where to find him...

Hope this works for you

Reading
skiguy21
Powder Monkey

254 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya the only problem i have with governors daughters right now is when i'm done dancing the only thing they tell me are which cities wanted criminals are in...will they stop doing that or is it somthing that keeps going...?
SlipperyJim
Cutthroat

2045 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that the Caribbean has an infinite supply of wanted criminals for you to hunt. Who knew that there were so many spies in the world, and that all of them were named Connery? Wink

Tips about named pirates usually come from barmaids, at least in the PC version.

What? Oh, NOW I get it....
Overt Stipend
Powder Monkey

857 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlipperyJim wrote:
It appears that the Caribbean has an infinite supply of wanted criminals for you to hunt. Who knew that there were so many spies in the world, and that all of them were named Connery? Wink

Tips about named pirates usually come from barmaids, at least in the PC version.

Slippery Jim is probably right about this. Maybe what happend for me was uncommon and I can't seem to remember the exact sequence that triggered the clue. Sorry.

I still think that completing a variety of missions triggers clues to other missions.

Hmmmm..... Can a top ten pirate be done in anyone other than the player character? If you sink a named pirates ship does he go down with it?
gonzo914
Powder Monkey

146 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I've know where his home port is, I just go there and look for him. If he's there, I talk to him; then when I leave, he'll sail out shortly afterward.

If he's at sea when I come to call, I set sail and circle outside his home port until he shows up. It never takes very long.

I have had the quest assign a pirate I had not previously located and for which I had no hints. One of the rutters (and I can't remember wether it's Dutch or Spanish) shows the pirate strongholds.

Finally, I don't get in a hurry to sink pirates when I encounter them. I save them until I need them -- either for the cash, or to get out of trouble with a nation (usually the Spanish), or to complete a quest requirement. The exception to this is Roc Brasilliano -- I like his ship.
oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gonzo914 wrote:
If I've know where his home port is, I just go there and look for him. If he's there, I talk to him; then when I leave, he'll sail out shortly afterward.

If he's at sea when I come to call, I set sail and circle outside his home port until he shows up. It never takes very long.

The fact that you know he has been seen around Antiqua... It is highly possible his home port is very near by. Generally the famed pirates stay close to the vicinity of their home ports... So, I would look at the map again... and circle around that area for any pirate cove.

Visit any one of them... eventually you will find the right one... If he is not there, great... he is or should be around the corner.
scooper
Powder Monkey

352 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have there been any more suggestions for this problem, which is apparently an X-box issue? Here is what I posted in another thread.

Quote:
I'm playing the Xbox version and I have run into the same issue. With the same pirate. It's frustrating. His haven is set up near Campeche. A bar maid told me he had sailed to Margarita 24 months prior. I went searching, and found nothing.

I've gone years and made repeated trips to his haven. To the best that I can tell, he has never returned and the barmaids have gone quiet on him.

In the mean time, I've rescued a couple daughters. Sacked a few cities. Raided I don't know how many ships. Intercepted a couple dozen invasion forces to defend my English pals (not to mention the nice gold and ships that brings me)

In the Xbox and apparently PSP versions, you have to complete the linear quests to eventually avenge the family (all of whom I have rescued.)

This is getting really frustrating.
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
Have there been any more suggestions for this problem, which is apparently an X-box issue? Here is what I posted in another thread.

When the Barmaid tells you where a Named Pirate has been seen, and it isn't his own Haven, your clue about him on your screen with other "Quests", will always put him there, but also names his Haven in the information provided.

These aren't always even that close by. I've had a Named Pirate who's Haven was west of Villa Hermosa and his clue had him last traveling to Santa Catalina 287 Months ago. «or however long it has been»

Also, there can be more than 1 Pirate Haven with the same name as the one your Pirate calls home. The only way to be positive that his is the one you're looking at is to visit the Haven. The top choice of things to do will either be to visit with him, or that he is at sea. If that isn't what you see, you're at the wrong "La Ville Du Traitre", or whatever that particular Pirates Haven is named.
scooper
Powder Monkey

352 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've visited his haven (near Capeche) and it says he's at sea, so it's the right one. Also, the clue I got years ago from the barmaid had him departing a different haven (near Gibraltor) for Margarita. The whole damn thing's been frustrating to the point that I'm ready to give up on finding Montalban and sticking to making money the old fashion way...stealing it from Spanish ships and cities. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Xbox Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: