Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Is it just me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Dancing Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is easier to dance with your wife than it is with someone new.

Perhaps; from my experience, I've found that it's the rhythm of the music, and the music itself, that can be the biggest problem. Sometimes I ignore the music- that is, beyond counting with the timing beat- and I do just fine...
Blonde Pirate's Dad
Swabbie

3995 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out that if I mess up in the beginning of the dance and danced good in the last part the daughter is more forgiving. Only once did I mess up so bad that the daughter suggested I meet her younger sister.
Anybody got a rag and a match?
Kaboom!!!
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I found out that if I mess up in the beginning of the dance and danced good in the last part the daughter is more forgiving. Only once did I mess up so bad that the daughter suggested I meet her younger sister.

That has not yet occurred to me. From what I've read here and there, this sympathetic suggestion was offered if you got clobbered duelling the jealous suitor...

I will surmise, in any case, that the younger sister looks just the same as the older sister. It's likely the same girl, usin' them feminine wiles again for some purpose that the male brain can never comprehend...oh, them wily females!
Wink

This reminds me. Once, I was invited to a ball by the beautiful daughter of the governor of Barbados. Being without any special dancing items, and faced with moves I had not yet encountered, I lurched and heaved on that ballroom floor like a sinking ship in a gale. My poor character, upon being rebuked and waved off by his haughty partner, looked like he wanted to cry.

The next time I visited, the graceful lady was delighted to see me again- and hinted about getting a ring or a necklace! Did she confuse me with someone else, or did she recognize my potential?
Lost
Capt. Cannon
Cutthroat

151 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it just me... Reply with quote

Capt Peter Blackthorne wrote:
... or does dancing get easier the further you are into the romance cycle with a particular daughter?

It seems to me that I hit more flourishes and stumble less frequently when dancing with my wife. And the most difficult dances are with daughters I've just met.

Could the game consider that the more you dance with someone, the more you "learn each other's moves," so to speak, and therefore the better in synch you'll be?

Just wondering.

I've never noticed it, and ince SMP is a very simple game, i doubt it. Not that i am totally discrediting your theory though

Johnny Ringo- "This fight isn't with you"
Doc Holliday-"I bed to Diffuh."
(Tombstone)

http://www.fishnj.netfirms.com/

Capt. Cannon <((((((<
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it just me... Reply with quote

Capt. Cannon wrote:
Capt Peter Blackthorne wrote:
... or does dancing get easier the further you are into the romance cycle with a particular daughter?

It seems to me that I hit more flourishes and stumble less frequently when dancing with my wife. And the most difficult dances are with daughters I've just met.

Could the game consider that the more you dance with someone, the more you "learn each other's moves," so to speak, and therefore the better in synch you'll be?

Just wondering.

I've never noticed it, and ince SMP is a very simple game, i doubt it. Not that i am totally discrediting your theory though

I noticed something like that too. I actually found that I barely stumble, even though I press the wrong button and then mash the buttons a lot - it might be the dancing slippers at any rate.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: