Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Pirates of the Burning Sea
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuroraBorealis
Powder Monkey

146 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Pirates of the Burning Sea Reply with quote

Has anyone here tried Pirates of the Burning Sea yet?

My hubby had been wanting to try this game so I got it for him for Father's Day. He has been playing for a week or so now. I have to admit I have tried it. However, it is taking me a while to get use to it. Not sure if I like it yet or not.

Here is a little info on it:

Set sail for a swashbuckling, massively multiplayer online adventure in the pirate-infested seas and Caribbean ports of 1720. England, France, and Spain have unleashed their forces on the Caribbean. Naval officers captain massive warships through bloody engagements at sea. Freetraders charge through blockades and smuggle the war material needed to conquer the enemy's ports. Privateers raid enemy shipping, looting ships of their treasure and rival nations of their glory.

Through it all sail the Pirates. Bloody, bold, and resolute, they serve no flag and heed no king. They live free, fight hard, and obey only fate.

If anyone is interested in checking it out you may find the web site HERE

Enjoy
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at the site. Thanks for the link...

It looks BIG. Really big. I'll need to get a computer many times faster to play this one.

A few people on Cutlass Isle have grumbled that Pirates! has no multiplayer. This may be an alternative game for some of them.

I had a chuckle about the Stealth Sails upgrade you can get for your ship. 'Stealth Sails', indeed...when sight was the only real instrument of detection back then!

The pirate girls depicted have not spent any time sailing about on rat-infested, unhygienic boats. If they did, they wouldn't look as they do. But I'm skeptical of the common idea that all female pirates were somehow proud, graceful, appealing beauties with perfect teeth...
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Pirates of the Burning Sea Reply with quote

I tried this when it came out - it was a 4 Gig Download.

And I ended up with a 2 week trial instead on the normal one week.

My PC is 3 1/2 Yrs Old Now, a P4 3.2 Gig Hz, 2 Gig RAM, with a Radeon X1600 Graphics Adapter with 512 MB RAM.

The Game itself performed fantastically, superb graphics, but I was annoyed with the game play itself, only because I am so over learning new ways to sail, fight etc. but I gave it a go - and apart from my issues with not wanting to learn something new - for a Pirates Fan - I give it 9 out of 10.
The Aberdonian
Cutthroat

9958 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirates of the Burning Sea Reply with quote

I saw it in the shop. Looks cool but the package says that you can only play it online and for a monthly fee. Is that so ?
Capitan Incognito
Swabbie

435 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... It looks good though I try and avoid games with subscription fees since I really can't afford it for now... Plus I just got into SMP! which is already taking up much of my time, I think my wife would get miffed if I spent more time on another game... :p
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Money Money Money Reply with quote

Yes - this is an online game only - and does require a Monthly Subscription Fee.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Another reason why I did not play - I do not have the time to get value for my $
Capitan Incognito
Swabbie

435 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I like stick to SMP! then to get my pirate fix... :p Money is a little tight and I'd rather save up for a rainy day...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: