Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Fighting Named Pirates in Tavern???
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Fencing Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caster89
Seaman

1579 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think you can fight named pirates in a tavern
whenever i try to talk to them, they usually tell me something along the lines of "get the **** outta my haven"
all i did was steal their treasure, why are they so pissy?
anyway, i dunno if you can fight unamed pirates in the tavern(i think you can) but you can only fight a named pirate out at sea. Sailor
RobbyL9
Seaman

2916 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think I might just have an explanation for the whole annoying foreigner deal. It might simply be a piece of code that got written out of the final cut of the game.(Possibly for political reasons. An annoying foreigner would sound a little bit intolerant to certain people.) It's kind of like the Hot Coffee mod in GTA: San Andreas that had to be left out for obvious reasons. Any San Andreas fans should have some idea what I'm talking about.
Wink
caster89
Seaman

1579 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobbyL9 wrote:
Actually I think I might just have an explanation for the whole annoying foreigner deal. It might simply be a piece of code that got written out of the final cut of the game.(Possibly for political reasons. An annoying foreigner would sound a little bit intolerant to certain people.) It's kind of like the Hot Coffee mod in GTA: San Andreas that had to be left out for obvious reasons. Any San Andreas fans should have some idea what I'm talking about.
Wink

HAHA. yeah i know wat your talking about
but i dont think you can compare a game like grand theft auto to pirates!
but the hot coffee was a kinda "cheat" code, where you had to input something right?
i dont think you can do that with pirates!
but then again i may be wrong, but on another thread someone said that pirates wasnt made to be modded, or have cheats put into it
RobbyL9
Seaman

2916 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caster89 wrote:
RobbyL9 wrote:
Wink

HAHA. yeah i know wat your talking about
but i dont think you can compare a game like grand theft auto to pirates!
but the hot coffee was a kinda "cheat" code, where you had to input something right?
i dont think you can do that with pirates!
but then again i may be wrong, but on another thread someone said that pirates wasnt made to be modded, or have cheats put into it
Well what I meant was that in order to unlock the annoying foreigner, like the hot coffee mod, (though you are right, these two games are incomperable) you have to find some way to re-integrate the line of code into the actual game. The hot coffee mod could only be unlocked by using a mod tool that was specially calibrated to re-insert lines of code which were the right format to be used in San Andreas but were not already in there. Not an easy thing to do, but it is not unheard of. It is how they found out about the hot coffee thing in the first place.
RobbyL9
Seaman

2916 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of it this way, the annoying foreigner technically IS in the final cut of the Pirates game, but the lines of code require you to do something IMPOSSIBLE to get the annoying foreigner to crawl out of the closet.
caster89
Seaman

1579 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobbyL9 wrote:
Think of it this way, the annoying foreigner technically IS in the final cut of the Pirates game, but the lines of code require you to do something IMPOSSIBLE to get the annoying foreigner to crawl out of the closet.

then if its impossible, how are you supposed to get him?
or still, how do you even know he exists?
RobbyL9
Seaman

2916 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caster89 wrote:
RobbyL9 wrote:

then if its impossible, how are you supposed to get him?
or still, how do you even know he exists?
Well technically I don't, they might have used a different method of covering up his existence. The reason I'm theorizing this way is because it is just one of many ways the programmers use to cover up something in a game that they didn't have time to edit out. So they theoretically assign an impossible action to unlock the appearance of the annoying foreigner to make him, therefore, impossible to unlock. I'm only theorizing though, it might still be possible to find him, it might be a mistake or it might be that the foreigner was taken out of the game altogether like Hot Coffee but it's code still remains in an unused form on every disc ever made of Pirates. If the last case is true, it is theoretically possible to re-insert it into the game but only if you really know what you're doing when you try to create the program that is designed to re-insert it. It is all so confusing and I wish I could make more sense to you Crying or Very sad.
sk8erkillinu
Swabbie

838 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't fight a famous pirate in pirate havens if they are there they will tell you to leave which i find is better because at sea you get what ever his ship was hauling. I have never heard of the "annoying foreigner"
Lost
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is possible. Just to let you guys know. Imagine this scenario:
You're going around in your ship, go into the city. You see people around and there's the tavern, so you go inside and talk to the local unemployed, and allow them to be hired into your crew, and then you talk with the shady character in the corner, who you can't help but wonder why he isn't in jail for illegal happenings, and then you talk with the bartender, all the while being pushed by some ingnoramus beside you, talking very rudely with a very friendly young woman. You walk over, and he tells you to mind your own business. Then, sufficiently satisfied that he's your enemy, you tell him to "shove it", and he starts a fight. Then, you wonder why Blackbeard is not in his ship.....
Real satisfying lol.
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not met this 'foreigner' either. But it doesn't mean he doesn't exist; it just means that he has yet to tell his cronies the story how I kicked his breeches in a sword fight!

I have yet to tell the story, too, come to think of it...

Smile
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, yeah. And a quick Google search proved everybody's theory that he doesn't exist. There's only the Annoying Captain or whatever.
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bllasae wrote:
Lol, yeah. And a quick Google search proved everybody's theory that he doesn't exist. There's only the Annoying Captain or whatever.

Which proves only the folly of relying on "quick google searches" as research tools.

From Page 2 of this very thread:

Quote:
Raul Darke: You've got it all wrong. This is the French Evil Foreigner. At least according to the texture file. When I modded the french civ, I went through and modded all of the diffearnt french characters and remember this guy- a quick check back to the game files and sure enough. (File name is "french_evil_foreigner.dds") I'm not sure when you see him though... "

and:

Quote:
TheDon: If you remove all the Spanish ports from the board, but still have Mendoza clones running around, he will start showing up as a Frenchman, complete with purple clothing.

There's more discussion also, amazingly organized into the very same thread.

Now, throw me some bananas. ook ook ook
Fluffy Blue Egg
Swabbie

400 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, you cannot fight notorious pirates in taverns. Besides, that would be silly even if you could - the gold is half the good of capturing them. When you talk to a notorious pirate in port, he says something like....

"I am Henry Morgan, 2nd most notorious pirate on the Spanish Main, and you are not. Now go away you little pile of dog poop, or I'll give you the black spot.".
The black spot is something from pirate history. If you found a black spot on a piece of paper, you would meet a bloody death in the near future (At least that's the story I remember). Hope I helped!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: