Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Just keep thrusting!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Fencing Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karstedt
Powder Monkey

319 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Am I just not good enough? Reply with quote

So, I've read through several of these fencing threads now and am still having great difficulty with the non-one-on-one battles vs the quick opponents on swashbuckler. I can defeat the guard captain and fiancee with the parry-feint-slash maneuver, but those shipboard battles vs the quick guys are killing me. Parry-feint-slash won't work on them because the advantage bar goes to them uncontrollably (because they have more crew) until they are too fast.

So how do you guys do it? Do you just have to be quick enough on the keys to properly dodge against those guys? Or is there a timing quirk to attacking that I'm not picking up on? Or do you swashbucklers just ween down the crew with grapeshot so you get the advantage when boarding?
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just keep slashing the legs.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: