Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

!"£$%^&* (Camera)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MATT001
Powder Monkey

831 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: !"£$%^&* (Camera) Reply with quote

OK, so I used to be pretty terrible at dancing, but recently I've really improved through hours of practice. I even got my first high score the other day (the one where you get the gratuitous cleavage shot at the end of the dance).

So you know what really annoys me?

When you're trying the negotiate that really difficult marche where you have have to move forward and backward all the time and the camera starts spinning around like a friggin' gryoscope!

Seriously!
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never noticed this problem at lower levels, but on my recent attempt at Swashbuckler I saw some pretty awkward camera angles during dances.
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MATT001 wrote:
When you're trying the negotiate that really difficult marche where you have have to move forward and backward all the time and the camera starts spinning around like a friggin' gryoscope!

Yeah, the 8-2-1-1-2-8-3-3 pattern (Advanced Marche) can spell trouble at times. I usually have problems with the 3-2-3-8-3-2-3-8 (Expert Pirouette) pattern, when you combine this with Dance34Normal-001 you get a killer beat Twisted Evil

PS: You can find the music file in the Sid Meier's Pirates! directory, under Assets/Sounds/dance/music. By the way, my favorite is Dance44Normal-004 Very Happy

I haven't noticed anything unusal with the camera though, except for speedy motions on Swashbuckler Laughing
Tom Pullings
Gunner

11279 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's intended - to make it difficult, I think. Just think of it as part of the challenge. I don't think it really happens until you are doing well. The better you dance, the closer she gets.
MATT001
Powder Monkey

831 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you mean it zooming-in? Yes, I think that happens when you are doing well, but that's not what I was referring to - that makes it a whole lot easier, since you can make out the daughter's hand gestures better. I think, after watching it more closely in its latest occurence, that what I am referring to is a glitch.

I think the camera tries to stay centred on your character and occasionally will adjust to keep this true. So as not to disorient you, it does this fairly slowly. This means that, when you're executing a complex dance sequence, the camera spins every which way because you're always one step ahead of it. It's a really annoying glitch that severely reduces my chances of success when it occurs.
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
="MATT001"I think the camera tries to stay centred on your character and occasionally will adjust to keep this true. So as not to disorient you, it does this fairly slowly. This means that, when you're executing a complex dance sequence, the camera spins every which way because you're always one step ahead of it. It's a really annoying glitch that severely reduces my chances of success when it occurs.

That's new to me, I always thought the camera followed the dancing steps. the speed making the challenge.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guru wrote:
Quote:
="MATT001"I think the camera tries to stay centred on your character and occasionally will adjust to keep this true. So as not to disorient you, it does this fairly slowly. This means that, when you're executing a complex dance sequence, the camera spins every which way because you're always one step ahead of it. It's a really annoying glitch that severely reduces my chances of success when it occurs.

That's new to me, I always thought the camera followed the dancing steps. the speed making the challenge.

I have not noticed this either - perhaps a graphics card issue.

Always ensure you have the latest drivers installed for your card.

I have had weird issues before, like the sword fight scenes not working - and just pausing - but this was always when I was playing Pirates on a Laptop with an integrated graphics card, when possible - i.e. desktop - have a separate graphics card - otherwise the CPU is doing all the work - by taking graphics processing off the CPU - your game will always perform better.

I am running an Nvida Quadro FX 570 with 256 Meg RAM - and it does very well. - It is not actually a gaming card - but a 3D Rendering Card more designed for Autodesk Products like REVIT, AutoCAD, 3ds Max Design etc.. - but it handles the games quite nicely.

My PC is an Intel Core 2 Quad ( 4 CPU's ) 2.4 GHz with 2 Gig RAM - Running XP SP3 - about 10 months old now - but my previous PC - now 4 years old - also handled Pirates very well - it was Pentium 4 - 2 CPU's - 3 Gig Hz, 2 Gig RAM, Also XP SP3 with a Radeon X1650 Pro Graphics card - with 512 Meg RAM ( this PC is now my Kids Smile )
MATT001
Powder Monkey

831 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, that could have been worded better. The camera is not spinning "every which way", but it is always rotating to try and keep up with the character, who then moves again, requiring the camera to rotate again, by which time the character has moved on...ad infinitum.

I don't think it's a technical issue, just a camera issue with the game.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MATT001 wrote:
a camera issue with the game.
all game issues

are hard coded.
MATT001
Powder Monkey

831 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry?
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this definition at http://www.webopedia.com/:

Hard coded: Unchangeable. Hard-coded features are built into the hardware or software in such a way that they cannot be modified.

Maybe rupertlittlebear wants us to stop complaining since the camera can't be fixed anyway?
MATT001
Powder Monkey

831 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what hard-coded means...I wasn't asking for help, as such, just ranting.
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MATT001 wrote:
I understand what hard-coded means...I wasn't asking for help, as such, just ranting.

Ok MATT001, I didn't know what hard-coded meant.. Confused
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: