Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

PATCH!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jando
Swabbie

1236 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberops wrote:
I seriously recommend everyone to wait with using that patch as there are very serious problems with it, specially if your running windows xp. Firaxes don't even support the patch right now that is also why they don't have it available on the official pirates website at the moment.

Now, that's a rather silly situation, the distributor releasing a patch that the developer will not support? *scratches head* After all Firaxis would have produced the patch before sending it to Atari for distribution ...
smokeringhalo
Powder Monkey

95 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[FIX] - With rank, no bounty appears in status screen.

Bounty isn't apperaing at all, with or without rank. (Captured 3 dutch ships at start of swashbuckler 1680 and nada although dutch cities would open fire)

Quote:
[CHANGE] - Bar duels now more difficult - based on rank.

When testing this out, Raymondo replaced the Annoying Captain (Dutch)
- it still labeled him "Annoying Captain" though.

Still no fix for the useless items such as the shunken head.

When using the telescope near a storm - storm and rain sounds loop.
Asmodina
Seaman

1397 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokeringhalo wrote:
Quote:
[FIX] - With rank, no bounty appears in status screen.

Bounty isn't apperaing at all, with or without rank. (Captured 3 dutch ships at start of swashbuckler 1680 and nada although dutch cities would open fire)

You haven't pissed them off enough yet I think. In the European version it does appear without rank.
smokeringhalo
Powder Monkey

95 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After pounding wave after wave of french pirate hunters in tortugas harbor - still no bounty.
Prepatch only 1 or 2 ships needed to be captured for a bounty on SB 1680's
Sashanan
Swabbie

1172 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, do consider that if you have a rank it provides a bit of a buffer against bounties (they will accept some backstabbing, although not much of it on Swashbuckler). Also, the hostility of cities is largely independent from bounties; it's well possible for a nation to not have a bounty on your head but an individual city to hate you if you have just taken out 3 ships in its immediate vicinity.
Rook
Seaman

517 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent had an issue with bounties not posting. I currently have too rather large bounties on my head from the English and French and both are being displayed normally. The only real changes I've been able to pull out of this patch is the fast troop movement over ground both during exploration and combat and the new bar fight models of Mendoza and such. Those fights however have proven dissapointing. Mendoza being the annoying caotain was an interesting twist, but considering that he favors the cutless, the fights are still just as easy as they were previuosly. As for the claim of fixing landmarks not showing up is bogus. I had a map just last night for a family member located north of Gran Granda that showed a landmark that wasn't there in sailing mode. The treasure fleet still seems to be elusive as ever though. As for the more serious bugs, I cant comment too much on because I never incountered them. So far I'm pretty indifferent to the patch. It seems that for every item that they did fix, there is another they claimed to fix that isn't. Also the news that Cyber mentioned abot Fraxis not supporting the patch really hurts its credibilty in my eyes. Though I do trust Atari and pretty much grew up with the Atari name, I feel the Dev team dropped the ball on this. Hopefully Wolf is right, maybe there will be a follow up patch. We'll see though.

Rook
Managing Editor/Writer
www.hookedgamers.com
Jack Withers
Powder Monkey

24 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno about who may'ave did what to who or pick'd someone's patch pocket, but I'll tell ya this. It works like a charm on Windows 2000 Professional, SP4. Prior to this lil patch, I could not even change the graphics settings without a freeze-up, let alone play the game. After loading this patch, I have not experienced one freeze, dtd, or any fault at all that I can detect. If it has problems with XP, it seems just fine on W2k.

Arrrggg, tis always good ta see a bit o plunder tossed over da side to slow down the wolves. Confused
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennethecoates wrote:
They also have a "theme pack" posted that has additional flags/sails and characters in ports.

http://www.firaxis.com/games/game_detail.php?gameid=2

They have some "hippie/tie-dye" style flags and sails now.
The Patch is REAL
cyberops
Swabbie

3370 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still this patch is a beta version, if you dont belive it ask sam at firaxis he will confirm it. The patch is only placed there because it has already been given out by atari and they thought they might as wel post it on their site to. Also if you use a hex editor and look at the .exe yourself you can see that the internal build is beta and not full version.
Torbin
Powder Monkey

538 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know, I suppose. Maybe thats why we've heard nothing from Cyberops either.

This "beta" patch still fixed some really good things. The Dances on apperentice, for instance, are much easier to learn now that you know in advance what the daughter is going to do before she does it. I really don't understand why they leave that box there on higher difficulties though, it just gives you a false sense of hope. And with the increased difficulty with dances now, you'd think they'd still show brief flashes to help you along some what... I used to be able to dance fairly well on Rouge, where as now I'm fumbling all over the place trying to figure out thier next move, as well as follow the rythm of the music (which on some songs seems to be off beat quite a bit now)

I agree with some of the others about the land battle fix, too. It's nice... but not nice enough... you still have to wait to do ANYTHING until your units finish walking up that hill, and into the dense forest.

After hearing about the bugs in the game after the patch, I think I'll keep mine at 1.0 still, until Firaxis descides to finish whatever patch they're intending to call "official". I've yet to ever run into much of the problems that have apperently been fixed, and I don't need any new ones that are more common because of the patches.
SlipperyJim
Cutthroat

2045 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torbin, but I haven't found any problems with the 1.02 patch yet. It fixes the broken Treasure Fleet (from the original game), the broken Annoying Captain (from the 1.01 patch), and a few other things.

So far, the only bug I've heard about from the 1.02 patch is related to foreign languages mixing with English during some cutscenes. That hasn't happened to me, but I'm playing the US version.

I'm patched & happy. Smile

What? Oh, NOW I get it....
GaiaGirl Pearl
Powder Monkey

386 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Patch ... my eye! Reply with quote

I bought the game yesterday, have killed all the pirates, gotten married, rescued two relatives and am generally hooked. ARRRR - I'm hooked!!

So found the patch on the Firaxis website but had a major problem installing it - it crashed my game.

I've tried to upload the patch on my brand new very high spec PC running MS-Vista, but it crashed the game at this line:

readme\Support\Images|PiratesLogo.gif: successfully updates
Assets\Shaders\FX\Towmsneak\Blue_1_1.fx: cannot remove, denied access
atari.url:cannot remove, denied access

I had to reinstall the game and not include the patch. Is there a problem or is it just me?

regards,
GaiaGirl Pearl
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to HoP, GaiaGirl Pearl! If you bought the game new, it should have come pre-patched. Only the old-timers who got in when the game was brand new have the unpatched version.
GaiaGirl Pearl
Powder Monkey

386 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Patch .... my eye Reply with quote

Thank ye Captain Roland ... I'll have another look at the game and see if I can find a release number. It was bought & downloaded from an internet site, so as you say it probably has been patched.

BTW everyone, thanks heaps for doing all these mods ... how about a female main character though? oh maybe not, the Governor's daughters scenes might then be more than PG rated

Last edited by GaiaGirl Pearl on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Patch .... my eye Reply with quote

GaiaGirl Pearl wrote:
Thank ye Captain Roland ... I'll have another look at the game and see if I can find a release number. It was bought & downloaded from and internet site, so as you say it probably has been patched.

BTW everyone, thanks heaps for doing all these mods ... how about a female main character though? oh maybe not, the Governor's daughters scenes might then be more than PG rated
You'll find the version number on the bottom right corner of the main menu when you start the game. As for the female main character, this is as close as anyone has come to a full conversion.
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4781
It doesn't work in all scenes though.
CaptReddes has five female pirate mods as well, which do work in all scenes in the Mods section under "player character" look in "CaptReddes Player Mods "
CaptReddesBlackBess.zip, CaptReddesBluewaterBelle.zip, CaptReddesCutlassKaty.zip, CaptReddesGrapeshotGeertruyde.zip, CaptReddesPistoletPaulette.zip also CaptReddesFemalePyrats.zip which are crew members.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: